Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Chirp chirp.

Iraq didn't do crap to us.....
Hokay. May as well stop at the first lie.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Chirp chirp.

Actually, I can differentiate between the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq. Iraq didn't do crap to us, and in fact, was on the verge of collapse (as evidenced by the invasion). Afghanistan, on the other hand, made itself a terrorist training ground, and was directly involved in 911. Their government was in on it.

While I (and hopefully any rational person) don't want to see civilians die in any theater, the war in Afghanistan is justified. So, in my mind, there is a big difference in what happens in the two wars.
Iraq didn't do crap to us. Really? How bout we start with the fact they invaded an American ally, Kuwait, and threatened other friendly gulf nations. Even peanut boy Jimmy Carter thought an attack on the middle east oil supply was an attack on American interest, hence the Carter Doctrine. After we expelled them from Kuwait a cease fire was signed and they violated almost every provision of it. They targeted American planes for 10 years while the Air Force enforced UN sanctioned no fly zones. They kicked UN inspectors out of the country, played hide the WMD while violating most UN resolutions. They did try to reconstitute their WMD program. Let us not forget their funding of terrorist though not specifically linked to 9/11. Bush's biggest mistake was making WMD the primary focus for invading. There were plenty of reasons to take Hussein out. Ask anyone that served in the military at the time, we all knew it wasn't finished and that we would end up going back. It was better we do it now than wait for them to rebuild their military and invade again. If Hussein didn't one of his sons would of, they were nuttier than he was. Next time they wouldn't have stop in Kuwait and it would have been a lot bloodier. If Obama doesn't screw it up, a democratic Iraq will be a lot better than what was there, not only for us, but for their neighbors and own citizens.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Hokay. May as well stop at the first lie.
Hokay, guess I gotta S P E L L I T O U T. Iraq had nothing to do with 911, nor did they have weapons of mass destruction.

As for Kuwait and what they did during their internal war and their war with Iran, last time I checked, we hadn't annexed either one. So they ain't "us."

Jeez...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Hokay, guess I gotta S P E L L I T O U T. Iraq had nothing to do with 911, nor did they have weapons of mass destruction.

As for Kuwait and what they did during their internal war and their war with Iran, last time I checked, we hadn't annexed either one. So they ain't "us."

Jeez...
Who mentioned 9-11? You didn't. You just said that Iraq never did anything to us. Patently untrue.

I don't know why you think this partisan defense of your indefensible Party achieves anything. Why defend corruption, lies and insanity?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:

Jeez...
I didn't read here where anyone claimed Iraq was involved in 9/11.

JEEZ, I guess you don't consider an attack on our interest worth defending. Even limp **** Jimmy Carter considered it to be. I guess them shooting at our Air Force doesn't do it for ya either.

As far as the WMD go, they probably ended up in Syria. A lot of reports from Iraqi military folks say they were spirited out of the country prior to our entry into Iraq. I've got a buddy that went in with the Special Ops. When they got to their designated site it looked like it had just been cleared out. The chem alarms were going crazy. Hussein flew his top of the line MIG fighters to his sworn enemy, Iran, rather an have us get them during the first war. Shouldn't be too suprising that he'd do the same thing with his WMD. In the event they never existed every intel agency in the world was wrong as well as Bill Clinton. If you remember he launched Operation Desert Fox to destroy his stockpile of WMD with cruise misiles.

Counterterrorism Blog: Iraqi WMD Found…In Syria?!

Right Truth: Iraq WMD shipped to Syria

Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says - January 26, 2006 - The New York Sun
Old 05-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

OH will you guys just stop! Killing civies is cool as long as Obamalama is doing it. Don't you 'get it' yet? What Obamalama does is 'right' because he is 'smart' and Bushie is 'wrong' becuase he is 'dumb'. What other 'facts' do you need from Ken? I get it now. It is all so simple to me. How plain can he spell the facts out for you guys? Are yooz ignernt' er sumtin??
Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
OH will you guys just stop! Killing civies is cool as long as Obamalama is doing it. Don't you 'get it' yet? What Obamalama does is 'right' because he is 'smart' and Bushie is 'wrong' becuase he is 'dumb'. What other 'facts' do you need from Ken? I get it now. It is all so simple to me. How plain can he spell the facts out for you guys? Are yooz ignernt' er sumtin??
That was true of Clinton too. None of the lefties ever asked for him to be tried as a war criminal for all the civilian deaths caused by the USAF in Serbia. The good old double standard.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
That was true of Clinton too. None of the lefties ever asked for him to be tried as a war criminal for all the civilian deaths caused by the USAF in Serbia. The good old double standard.
According to Ken, if a country didn't do anything to us, then we shouldn't be there in the first place. I never remember being bombed by Serbia, so I guess those dead Serbs not only earn Ken's tears, but Clinton then earns his wrath for being the war criminal that he was. When does the trial start Ken? Why do you think Obamalama is so hesitant to bring criminal charges against the Bush admin for their alleged 'torture'? Because once he sets a standard like that for them, it could, and most likely would, bite him and his square in the ass in the future. Even Obamlama isn't THAT stupid. 'War Criminal' and 'War Hero' are the same thing. It just depends if you were doing the killing or getting killed that makes the difference.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
According to Ken, if a country didn't do anything to us, then we shouldn't be there in the first place. I never remember being bombed by Serbia, so I guess those dead Serbs not only earn Ken's tears, but Clinton then earns his wrath for being the war criminal that he was. When does the trial start Ken? Why do you think Obamalama is so hesitant to bring criminal charges against the Bush admin for their alleged 'torture'? Because once he sets a standard like that for them, it could, and most likely would, bite him and his square in the ass in the future. Even Obamlama isn't THAT stupid. 'War Criminal' and 'War Hero' are the same thing. It just depends if you were doing the killing or getting killed that makes the difference.
About 2 seconds on Google will get you dozens of images of sizzling Kurds after a Mustard Gas attack but I guess that doesn't count as WMD somehow.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Here is a classic line from Obamalama. Talk about foot in mouth!!

Obama: U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Must Do More Than Kill Civilians
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

HANOVER, N.H. — Presidential hopeful Barack Obama was warned by a friendly voter Monday to avoid public spats with his Democratic rivals — but remarks he made later could add fuel to the criticism against him…

Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, “We’ve got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we’re not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there.” …