Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #21
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I dunno there Dr. Big govt. is keeping me in bizniz! Every silly new anti-terror law they put on the books I have to come up with new software to match it!

Of course with a fifteen dollar Hays Optima modem, a stolen password and a DOS file, I could deliver an H bomb to the White House and they wouldn't know about it until it exploded!

Keep those silly new laws commin' there DHS! Love it!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member

Sigh. And you were doing so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post

The air transport system: funded by what were essentially government grants via mail delivery contracts.
Seems to me that still comes under the heading of transportation infrastructure.

Quote:
Food and drug standards that protect us from unscrupulous vendors. Not exactly infrastructure, but I doubt you'd like to find rat turds in your cereal. Would you?
You're exactly right, Ken. Were it not for the FDA, me and millions of other Americans would continue to buy rat-turd infested cereal, utterly powerless to react to news reports and our own retching, enslaved to the mighty General Mills and its irresistable Mind Control Flakes. And General Mills would continue to rake in millions in profits, the owners twirling their mustaches and polishing their spats as they sneered at the stupid American consumer.

Quote:
Child labor laws...that meddling government, insisting that good farm kids have to learn to read and write! What next?
Kenny, compare the general knowledge and aptitude level of the average high schooler today with the average farm kid of yesteryear. Your refusal to acknowledge the utter wasteland that is government education is becoming risible.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Real wealth is material things of value."

That is Gold Ken. Nothing else has any real 'value'. You just don't get it do you?

"...what is the way I can tell the true "value" of gold at any given point in time?"

It doesn't matter what the value of Gold is at any time. It will be the only thing worth ANYTHING in a true collapse. Everything else will be worthless. Ever notice how the economy gets worse and inflation rises that Gold is worht MORE and MORE and everything else is worth LESS and LESS? Now take that to the end game and Gold is the only thing that has any value. Get it yet?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Real wealth is material things of value."

That is Gold Ken. Nothing else has any real 'value'. You just don't get it do you?
So the next time you're hungry, make a gold sandwich. Next time you're sick, inject some gold. When you want to go somewhere, climb on your magic gold bar transportation system. When you're cold, throw some gold on the fire. Maybe you could make a house out of your gold.

Gold is just a form of money LR, nothing more. Here's an excerpt of the definition of "monetary standard." You can find the article here: What Was The Gold Standard?

A Very Brief History of the Gold Standard
If you would like to learn about the history of money in detail, there is an excellent site called A Comparative Chronology of Money which details the important places and dates in monetary history. During most of the 1800s the United States was had a bimetallic system of money, however it was essentially on a gold standard as very little silver was traded. A true gold standard came to fruition in 1900 with the passage of the Gold Standard Act. The gold standard effectively came to an end in 1933 when President Franklin D. Roosevelt outlawed private gold ownership (except for the purposes of jewelery). The Bretton Woods System, enacted in 1946 created a system of fixed exchange rates that allowed governments to sell their gold to the United States treasury at the price of

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 05-05-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Gold is just a form of money LR, nothing more."

It is more than that Ken. It IS money. Everything else is a representative of Gold. If the currency collapses here, you will learn a hard lesson real fast.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 AM   #26
pplassm
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
The internet: based on DARAPA; a government funded enterprise that collaborated with industry and educations. An excellent model on how to do it.
Small correction here.

The Internet was based on MILNET and DARPANET, created by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Products Agency). I was slightly involved.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #27
pplassm
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Next time you're sick, inject some gold.
Actually, gold injections are one way to treat the illness I have.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Gold is just a form of money LR, nothing more."

It is more than that Ken. It IS money. Everything else is a representative of Gold. If the currency collapses here, you will learn a hard lesson real fast.
You guys are both right. While true wealth is simply valuable goods and services gold has an undeniable hold on our civilization. There's no reason for gold to be so prized, so much more so than other precious metals or rare commodities. It just is. There have been a very few instances where people wouldn't take gold in payment. Those were emergency situations. Once things settle down gold becomes the medium of exchange, always.

Gold has a well known and very powerful hold on the hearts of men. This is undeniable. Why it would be more so than, say, platinum is one for the philosophers.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #29
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Actually, gold injections are one way to treat the illness I have.

Would that be something like King Midas had?

I used to work with a guy that had several pounds of silver in his basement.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Would that be something like King Midas had?

I used to work with a guy that had several pounds of silver in his basement.
Mercury poisoning is treated with gold-salt solution, intravenously. There's also been some use of it in the treatment of children with Autism, and I've heard of treatments for certain Alzheimer's patients - although I don't know what, if any success has been had.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote