Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The stupidity of this White House boggles the mind (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11709-stupidity-white-house-boggles-mind.html)

Buzglyd 04-27-2009 06:46 PM

The stupidity of this White House boggles the mind

How many of these people instantly became in favor of tough interrogation methods?

Power Line - Fly-By Folly

seruzawa 04-27-2009 07:33 PM

Simple uncaring arrogance.

Today they what, declared an emergency after 20 people came down with swine flu?

"Never let a good crisis gp to waste." Imagine the firestorm if a republican said that. The double standard is mind boggling. For that matter remember all the whining from liberals about the loss of liberties from the Patriot Act? Notice the silence from them now even though Obama intends to increase the assault on civil liberties. Hypocrites.

Dangerous hypocrites.

V2Rider 04-27-2009 09:11 PM

I'm beginning to long for the days of peanut boy, god help me.

acecycleins 04-28-2009 04:56 AM

Did you notice the standard Obama deflection? He gave it the "I didn't know that" and WHAM! it's not on him. This guy is better than Chevy Chase playing Ford on SNL.

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2009 05:07 AM

That was incredibly stupid. Even I got a chill from the video and I was a thousand miles away when 911 came off.

SmokeU 04-28-2009 07:12 AM

He gives retards a bad name.

mscuddy 04-28-2009 08:03 AM

When I was in Rosie Roads PR with my squadron for a week long missle-x det, one of our more flamboyant pilots, Minky Bennett buzzed the elinsted barracks in his F4J at roof top level, full afterburners and about 600+ mph.

It set off all the fire sprinklers in one barracks, and blew out the windows in another one.

Old "Minky" (the nickname of the mascot for our squadron, a Tarsier) got his wings clipped for six months. Got passed over for advancement the next eval cycle, and was out of the Navy within two years.

Wonder what they can do to the commander in chief for the same bone head move? Make him do janitorial duties? Wear an "I'm with Stupid" T-Shirt?

schizuki 04-28-2009 09:33 AM

"When's the next bus comin'? I gotta throw somebody under it." - Barack Obama.

Barbara 04-28-2009 01:06 PM

Hi Guys,

Think things are strange now? Read H.R. 45. Just read it without preconceptions and tell me if it isn't the end of the Second Amendment.

Serious stuff, and it worries me......:eek:

mscuddy 04-28-2009 02:41 PM

Well Barb, in the immortal words of Chuck Heston.."Out of my cold dead hands."

A punk ATF agent in a vest has no chance against a 7.92x57. Lots of 'em.

I expect Texas and Arizona will 'cede from the Union. That's when I move to Texas...

Barbara 04-28-2009 05:56 PM

Well, yeah, but.......I love this Country and believe in the Constitution, and it drives me a bit nuts to see it trampled by people who call themselves Americans.

On one hand we hand over our national identity and laws to the UN and OAS, and never hear a word about it on CNN, MSNBC or any of the liberal media, and on the other hand, we seem bent on elimination our own rights, as defined by the Constitution, a document written by men who would be up in the hills with guns if they air-dropped into modern America.

And does anyone wonder at the sudden lack of ammo? Such a coincidence.......

Maybe I'm just paranoid....I hope so. :(

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 211638)
Hi Guys,

Think things are strange now? Read H.R. 45. Just read it without preconceptions and tell me if it isn't the end of the Second Amendment.

Serious stuff, and it worries me......:eek:

Ok, i read it, here's a quote from the bill:

The purposes of this Act and the amendments made by this Act are--

(1) to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of qualifying firearms to criminals and youth;

(2) to ensure that owners of qualifying firearms are knowledgeable in the safe use, handling, and storage of those firearms;

(3) to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms; and

(4) to facilitate the tracing of qualifying firearms used in crime by Federal and State law enforcement agencies.

The italics are mine, but it hardly seems like the commies are going to break down your doors tomorrow night.

Geez, what have I done...LR, Zawa, Cuddy, you may commence firing at will.

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 211669)

On one hand we hand over our national identity and laws to the UN and OAS, and never hear a word about it on CNN, MSNBC or any of the liberal media, And does anyone wonder at the sudden lack of ammo? Such a coincidence.......

Maybe I'm just paranoid....I hope so. :(

Barbara, please don't feel like I'm going after you or anything, just want to get your thoughts:

Is there anything specific in your life or community that is different because of the UN or the OAS? I can think of a few things, but they're really indirect.

Is it possible a lot of gun owners got paranoid after the election,+ ran out and bought ammo and that's why there's a shortage?

Where is the liberal media? It sure isn't here in S FL. Nothing but Rush and Savage and Hannity on the radio, I guess the teevee news could be liberal, but I don't watch it much, and the newspaper is very conservative. Maybe it's different in your state.

Buzglyd 04-28-2009 06:12 PM

Oh, by the way, that flyover was launched for a photo-op for the White House. They wanted to show Air Force 1 flying past the Statue of Liberty.

It cost $328,000 of taxpayer money.

"I'm gonna go line item by line item and eliminate wasteful spending on things that are no longer needed or no longer work." - The Dali Obama on the campaign trail.

The_AirHawk 04-28-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211670)

(1) to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of qualifying firearms to criminals and youth;

(2) to ensure that owners of qualifying firearms are knowledgeable in the safe use, handling, and storage of those firearms;

(3) to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms; and

(4) to facilitate the tracing of qualifying firearms used in crime by Federal and State law enforcement agencies.

The italics are mine, but it hardly seems like the commies are going to break down your doors tomorrow night.

Geez, what have I done...LR, Zawa, Cuddy, you may commence firing at will.

All those items are ALREADY ILLEGAL (italics mine). Why do we need yet another Law preventing something that already has about 722 Laws preventing it?

Is there any way we can blame this "flyover thing" on the Bush Administration?

schizuki 04-28-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211670)

Take a kid shooting, break the law. Check.

Quote:

No latitude for official abuse there, huh? How will "safe storage" be defined? Dissassembled and stored in a safe that costs $2000?

Quote:

(3) to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms;
Already restricted. As in, prohibited. Why put that in there?

Quote:

How? More fuzziness ripe for abuse. Thousands of FFL holders have given up the business because of ridiculousy onerous BATF oversight. Oh, BTW, BATF internal audits reveal almost a hundred guns unaccounted for. But let a gunshop owner fill out a form incorrectly...

Quote:

Yeah, the government never commits abuses under the guise of seemingly innocuous, "common sense" laws. Keep that in mind if you ever get a DUI for riding a skateboard with a buzz on.

It's cute how liberals trust the government.

Barbara 04-28-2009 11:12 PM

Hi Guys,

The only thing is that I--silly innocent that I am--actually believe the words and intent of the Constitution: vis; "...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say "militia", it says "People". It doesn't even suggest banning, it denies the ability to even infringe.

So the Brady Bunch can't just outright ban private ownership of firearms, so they chip away at the edges, nibbling a little bit here and a little bit there. Don't believe me? Buy yourself an SKS semi-auto in California.....

So while we are entertained by fly-overs near the site of the Towers, quietly and by tiny degrees we are being treated to a front-row seat to the dismantling of the Constitution. If that makes me some sort of radical, so be it. I have no arsenal of weapons, and don't plan to have that, but I am concerned about the principle of the thing. If the second Amendment can be gutted, what is safe? Freedom of speech? Freedom to assemble? I'd just like to know what "rights" are rights, and what "rights" are at the retained at the pleasure of the current President and Congress.

Doesn't seem too much to ask.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 211672)
Oh, by the way, that flyover was launched for a photo-op for the White House. They wanted to show Air Force 1 flying past the Statue of Liberty.

It cost $328,000 of taxpayer money.

"I'm gonna go line item by line item and eliminate wasteful spending on things that are no longer needed or no longer work." - The Dali Obama on the campaign trail.

I still haven't figured out if the O was on the plane or not. Seems like they'd mention that one way or the other.

seruzawa 04-29-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 211682)
All those items are ALREADY ILLEGAL (italics mine). Why do we need yet another Law preventing something that already has about 722 Laws preventing it?

Is there any way we can blame this "flyover thing" on the Bush Administration?

The commies already did go door to door confiscating firearms in California.

seruzawa 04-29-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 211687)
Hi Guys,

The only thing is that I--silly innocent that I am--actually believe the words and intent of the Constitution: vis; "...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say "militia", it says "People". It doesn't even suggest banning, it denies the ability to even infringe.

So the Brady Bunch can't just outright ban private ownership of firearms, so they chip away at the edges, nibbling a little bit here and a little bit there. Don't believe me? Buy yourself an SKS semi-auto in California.....

So while we are entertained by fly-overs near the site of the Towers, quietly and by tiny degrees we are being treated to a front-row seat to the dismantling of the Constitution. If that makes me some sort of radical, so be it. I have no arsenal of weapons, and don't plan to have that, but I am concerned about the principle of the thing. If the second Amendment can be gutted, what is safe? Freedom of speech? Freedom to assemble? I'd just like to know what "rights" are rights, and what "rights" are at the retained at the pleasure of the current President and Congress.

Doesn't seem too much to ask.

Freedom of speech is on its way out. Check what happened at that beauty contest last week. The media is run by the gay mafia.

longride 04-29-2009 05:22 AM

Ken is fine with restrictions of a Constitutional Right. I wonder then why the Libs like him howl with anger at ANY restrictions on the ongoing murder of unborn children? According to Ken the right to murder the unborn must go on unrestricted, yet we MUST contain those evil gun owners who MIGHT hurt somebody. Talk about a f*cked up society!

SmokeU 04-29-2009 05:33 AM

Doctors vs Gunowners

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians

per year are120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physicianis0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. . Dept of

Health andHuman Services.

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.

is80,000,000.

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths

per year, all age groups,is

(C) The number of accidental deaths

per gun owneris

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So,statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctorsdo..'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Pleasealert your friends tothis

alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!! !!!

Out of concern for the public at large,

I withheld the statistics on

Lawyers

for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention!

seruzawa 04-29-2009 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211707)
Ken is fine with restrictions of a Constitutional Right. I wonder then why the Libs like him howl with anger at ANY restrictions on the ongoing murder of unborn children? According to Ken the right to murder the unborn must go on unrestricted, yet we MUST contain those evil gun owners who MIGHT hurt somebody. Talk about a f*cked up society!

Keeping gun in closet baaaaad!

Chopping up an 8 month old baby in the womb gooooood!

Oops, that baby accidentally survived the abortion. We'll just put it on a shelf and let it die. Close the door so we can't hear it cry.

Eh. Who wants to punish anyone with a child?

longride 04-29-2009 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 211714)
Keeping gun in closet baaaaad!

Chopping up an 8 month old baby in the womb gooooood!

Oops, that baby accidentally survived the abortion. We'll just put it on a shelf and let it die. Close the door so we can't hear it cry.

Eh. Who wants to punish anyone with a child?

Ken used to think the US was special, and we will all have to answer in the afterlife for treating terrorists mean. Well Kenny, who's going to pay the piper in the afterlife for this??

UNITED STATES
Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day:
Approximately 3,700

That's right Kenny, 3,700 unborn children murdered EVERY DAY! I hope you don't have to explain to your maker why you supported this. I think I can explain why some murdering terrorist might deserve some 'special treatment' much easier. I'm 100% against baby murder.

pplassm 04-29-2009 05:51 AM

Hey, is it OK to be pro-2d Amendment AND pro-choice?

Just askin.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211707)

I am NOT "fine with restrictions of a Constitutional Right." I'm the one whose been yelling bloody murder over the invasion of our rights by the government...especially the spying on US citizens without warrants, the tossing out of Habeus Corpus (a keystone Constitutional right) with secret prisons...and more. The only difference between us that I can see is your priorities are different from mine. I'm less concerned about automatic weapons than I am freedom of speech. And as far as I'm concerned, the government getting into a woman's reproductive choices is the ultimate invasion of government into a private life.

I am NOT in favor of abortion. That's a big part of why I'm 53 y/o with a 10 y/o kid. But I damn sure didn't want the government telling me or his Mom what to do about it.

One more thing, Mr. R, before you get on my case about abortion, tell me what you're doing about the kids in orphanages and on the street...the ones who were born to the 16 y/o crack addict, or the family too poor to raise them. What are you doing about teaching birth control in school so kids don't get pregnant? Teaching abstinence? Ask Palin's kid how well that went...

seruzawa 04-29-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211715)
Ken used to think the US was special, and we will all have to answer in the afterlife for treating terrorists mean. Well Kenny, who's going to pay the piper in the afterlife for this??

UNITED STATES
Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day:
Approximately 3,700

That's right Kenny, 3,700 unborn children murdered EVERY DAY! I hope you don't have to explain to your maker why you supported this. I think I can explain why some murdering terrorist might deserve some 'special treatment' much easier. I'm 100% against baby murder.

You see it's because it's the woman's body so you can't tell her what to do with it. Well, except that she can't smoke or drink if she decides to have the baby. And she can't sell it for sex either. Oh yeah, and she can't put drugs in it unless the govt or the doctors profit from it. And a psychiatrist can put her body in a mental ward without trial or hearing. But aside from that it's her body and no one can tell her what to do with it!

You think I can prosecute the Navy for sending me to boot camp? That qualified as torture. In fact I'll bet you can have the people who ran the schools where you grew up prosecuted for torture too! How about playing rap music? Isn't that torture?

schizuki 04-29-2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 211717)
Hey, is it OK to be pro-2d Amendment AND pro-choice?

Just askin.

I am.

Just sayin.'

schizuki 04-29-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211718)
I am NOT "fine with restrictions of a Constitutional Right." I'm the one whose been yelling bloody murder over the invasion of our rights by the government...especially the spying on US citizens without warrants, the tossing out of Habeus Corpus (a keystone Constitutional right) with secret prisons...and more. The only difference between us that I can see is your priorities are different from mine. I'm less concerned about automatic weapons than I am freedom of speech.

I can see why you were so concerned, what with all the spying on anti-Bush citizens and the way they were rounded up and sent to the secret prisons. It was certainly a chill wind that blew through this country for eight years, when none dared criticize the Maximum Leader and all dissent was crushed.

Fortunately the Democrats have been in charge of Congress and the White House for three months, and have stopped all of that.

seruzawa 04-29-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211718)
I am NOT "fine with restrictions of a Constitutional Right." I'm the one whose been yelling bloody murder over the invasion of our rights by the government...especially the spying on US citizens without warrants, the tossing out of Habeus Corpus (a keystone Constitutional right) with secret prisons...and more. The only difference between us that I can see is your priorities are different from mine. I'm less concerned about automatic weapons than I am freedom of speech. And as far as I'm concerned, the government getting into a woman's reproductive choices is the ultimate invasion of government into a private life.

I am NOT in favor of abortion. That's a big part of why I'm 53 y/o with a 10 y/o kid. But I damn sure didn't want the government telling me or his Mom what to do about it.

One more thing, Mr. R, before you get on my case about abortion, tell me what you're doing about the kids in orphanages and on the street...the ones who were born to the 16 y/o crack addict, or the family too poor to raise them. What are you doing about teaching birth control in school so kids don't get pregnant? Teaching abstinence? Ask Palin's kid how well that went...

agenda.

When life is so cheap that you can slaughter the unborn you are surprised that it's treated cheaply when it's 16 years old?

The money that people might spend helping these kids has already been confiscated by the govt and used to destroy the families that used to take care of their kids. It's called welfare. Back in the 50s the black communities had the lowest rate of divorce and single parent households in the USA. The Liberals fixed that with the Great Society. Don't you try to push the results of your policies on others.

Dr_Sprocket 04-29-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 211704)
Freedom of speech is on its way out. Check what happened at that beauty contest last week. The media is run by the gay mafia.

The new Freedom of Speech: It's okay to voice your opinion... as long as it agrees with mine. If it doesn't, you're a bigot.

That's like the bigot calling the bigot "bigot".

longride 04-29-2009 06:48 AM

"I am NOT in favor of abortion. That's a big part of why I'm 53 y/o with a 10 y/o kid. But I damn sure didn't want the government telling me or his Mom what to do about it.

One more thing, Mr. R, before you get on my case about abortion, tell me what you're doing about the kids in orphanages and on the street...the ones who were born to the 16 y/o crack addict, or the family too poor to raise them. What are you doing about teaching birth control in school so kids don't get pregnant? Teaching abstinence? Ask Palin's kid how well that went..."

So you want me to fix 50 years of failed Liberal inner city policies?? What a joke! How about not paying people to sit on thier ass and have kids? Think that will work? It sure will. As long as somebody gets MORE MONEY for not being married and having kids, then they will NOT WORK, NOT BE MARRIED, AND HAVE KIDS! I came from that scene, and knew plenty that had 8 kids and never had a job.You and yours made that f*cking bed. Sleep in it now, and don't ask me to clean it up. Doesn't take a f*ckiing genius to figure out what went wrong there Kenny. So you are in favor of the government telling me what I can do with my guns, but you are not in favor of the government telling you what you can do with your unborn baby. Don't you think they shouldn't pay for murdering it? I do. Are you in favor of the government spending 17% of our total GDP on social programs designed to create more worthless humans with their hand out? I'm not.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 07:22 AM

I can tell you're agitated because you called me "Kenny."

longride 04-29-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211740)
I can tell you're agitated because you called me "Kenny."

Kenny, you and your son need at least 6 months in my old neighborhood. After that, you will NEVER feel sorry for any of those 'poor people' again. They like it right where they are. Believe me.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211749)
Kenny, you and your son need at least 6 months in my old neighborhood. After that, you will NEVER feel sorry for any of those 'poor people' again. They like it right where they are. Believe me.

And by "they" you mean....colored folks? Poor folks? Poor colored folks? Geez Georgie...you are kidding right?

longride 04-29-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211760)
And by "they" you mean....colored folks? Poor folks? Poor colored folks? Geez Georgie...you are kidding right?

Race has nothing to do with people that don't want to work. That is who 'they' are Ken. Kudos for trying to make it racial though! Great Liberal tactic! What's next Kenny?

schizuki 04-29-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211735)
I came from that scene, and knew plenty that had 8 kids and never had a job.You and yours made that f*cking bed. Sleep in it now, and don't ask me to clean it up.

Sounds like my neighborhood. It's funny, but the people that stay in those places are almost all Democrats and liberals. The people like you and me that get ourselves out are "unfeeling", "uncaring" conservative types. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

The_AirHawk 04-29-2009 08:54 AM

Nobody's got an answer for the REAL question: How can we blame all this on that despicable, evil-genius/village idiot G.W. Boosh and the remaining Pubbies?

schizuki 04-29-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211760)

Ken, I rarely see you post anything I agree with. But I've always thought of you as a basically misguided but decent guy who I'd enjoy having a beer with and a friendly, vigorous debate. I'm really disappointed that you'd pull the race card on Longride. It's a lame tactic your side always uses that does nothing but crush debate and unfairly put your opponent on the defensive. You've never been the type to use these stupid liberal tricks. Don't start now.

I'm not going to defend Longride. I'll just tell you my experience, and I bet it's pretty close to his.

I grew up with trash. White and black. The poor, for the most part, are not helpless victims of great malevolent forces. Poverty is, for the most part, a behavior. People like me and Longride saw it every day and refused to be a part of it. If you go to school, get a job and get married, you're unlikely to be poor. If you f*** off in school, crap out a kid at 17 and get on welfare, you will be poor. Period.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211765)
Race has nothing to do with people that don't want to work. That is who 'they' are Ken. Kudos for trying to make it racial though! Great Liberal tactic! What's next Kenny?

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the collard greens and ham hocks. They're great!