Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The stupidity of this White House boggles the mind (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11709-stupidity-white-house-boggles-mind.html)

ShortBlast 04-30-2009 01:36 PM

Watch the censorship go unchecked by the Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood Censorhip sucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara (Post 211939)
..........and what makes the United States the greatest country on Earth? The fact that we can hammer one another all over the political map, have differing opinions about just about everything, get fairly fired up about all of it, and then ask, "Oh yeah, and by the way, how's your bike running? Need any help with it?"

Governments come and governments go, but as long as the Country continues, the ultimate goals of the Founders will be met. I really believe that.

Pax Motorcyclus....

I totally agree with you but you are new here. This is the greatest country on earth, and through the purity of our own essences we can do nothing but succeed. I think the GPTB are the best bunch of guys here, and as moderators, they do an excellent job keeping all the kooks and nutcases at bay. Love that sig Barb, how many Beezers total?

ShortBlast 04-30-2009 01:38 PM

I'm an idiot.

acecycleins 04-30-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrider002 (Post 211932)
You guys. Are so funny. And it's amazing how astute and intelligent Seruzawa, Longride, and Cuddy are so consistently. I can't argue with a word they say.

If Ken is the intelligent left and KP is the kook left where's Sonny gonna fall in this mix?

Why do we keep banning KP again? If he keeps returning we might as well keep poking that stick at him. Banning him seems like more effort than it's worth. Tell him he can stay if he donates money to the air fence fund for the AMA racers. At least $40 annual and he has to produce a receipt to stay. If he likes us that much I bet he'd do it.

ShortBlast 04-30-2009 01:53 PM

I'm an idiot.

mscuddy 04-30-2009 01:59 PM

Buy a Chrysler!

ShortBlast 04-30-2009 02:05 PM

I'm an idiot.

Kenneth_Moore 04-30-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 211807)
Liberal Democrats ended segregation and Jim Crow, huh, Ken? Let's look at the voting by party for the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

Senate:

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

House:

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)

Go ahead. Look it up.

Actually I don't need to look it up. This vote, and others like it, was what drove the South to the Republican party, ending almost a century of Democratic domination since the Revolutionary War. It started with "Presidential Republicans" who couldn't vote for Kennedy, LBJ, etc., and ended with folks like Newt Gingrich.

The leaders of the Civil Rights movement were Democrats.

longride 04-30-2009 02:17 PM

"Banning him seems like more effort than it's worth."

It isn't that much of an effort, and it is worth it. Sooner or later he'll get the picture that his days here are over. He can take that to the bank.

mscuddy 04-30-2009 02:22 PM

Fact check...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211953)
Actually I don't need to look it up. This vote, and others like it, was what drove the South to the Republican party, ending almost a century of Democratic domination since the Revolutionary War. It started with "Presidential Republicans" who couldn't vote for Kennedy, LBJ, etc., and ended with folks like Newt Gingrich.

The leaders of the Civil Rights movement were Democrats.

Ken, right after reconstruction the Democrats twarted all attempts at bringing blacks into the mainstream, in fact, the KKK was a radical wing of the Democratic party! Jeez. Look it up.

longride 04-30-2009 02:24 PM

"Actually I don't need to look it up."

Right Ken, don't let those those facts get in the way of an uninformed opinion. When MLK did his marches, he wanted to prove that the North was MORE hostile and segregated than the South. He proved his point when he marched through Cicero Illinois and almost got killed. Cicero is a Democratic stronghold of Illinois like Chicago. Now go look THAT up. No don't. I'll do it for you.

American Experience | Eyes on the Prize | The Story of the Movement | PBS