Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The stupidity of this White House boggles the mind (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11709-stupidity-white-house-boggles-mind.html)

The_AirHawk 04-29-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211775)
Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the collard greens and ham hocks. They're great!

What the F is THAT supposed to mean?

I eat Greens (collard, turnip, mustard) all the time - I like 'em, and ham hocks are GREAT in a pot of brown beans!

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 211784)
Great. You did. I did it. Longride did it. Schizuki did it.

They can too.

What do you mean no educational opportunity? That would be an admission of the criminal incompetence of liberals since if there's any area that has been run by liberals for decades its education.

Once again, stop trying to involve others in the situations your policies created.

If you mean Liberal Democrat by "your policies" let's just stop here a second and take a look, from the perspective of somebody who grew up in the South. It was "your policies" that brought decades of segregation and Jim Crow laws to an end. It was "your policies" that integrated schools and neighborhoods. There's been a lot of good and bad from both sides of this argument over the years. Nobody and no one perspective is right on everything.

Kenneth_Moore 04-29-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 211799)
What the F is THAT supposed to mean?

I eat Greens (collard, turnip, mustard) all the time - I like 'em, and ham hocks are GREAT in a pot of brown beans!

I grew up with that food.

SmokeU 04-29-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211805)
I grew up with that food.

I've never had that food.

Though I enjoy a hot German potato salad in the most German town in the country.

What were we talking about?

schizuki 04-29-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211804)
If you mean Liberal Democrat by "your policies" let's just stop here a second and take a look, from the perspective of somebody who grew up in the South. It was "your policies" that brought decades of segregation and Jim Crow laws to an end.

Liberal Democrats ended segregation and Jim Crow, huh, Ken? Let's look at the voting by party for the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

Senate:

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

House:

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)

Go ahead. Look it up.

tripleripple 04-29-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 211806)
I've never had that food.

Though I enjoy a hot German potato salad in the most German town in the country.

What were we talking about?

Planes, Statue of Liberty, Obama, no wasteful spending, guns, guns and kids, gun dealers, ATF, the 2nd Amendment, free speech, abortion, doctors, women, womens' bodies, babies on shelves, inner cities, liberals, poor people, black people, irish people, italian people, they, they that want to work, they that don't, education, Jim Crowe, and, um, SOUL FOOD.

If this wasn't a Wednesday, I'd get drunk and chime in. Sigh, too much to do.

seruzawa 04-29-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211804)
If you mean Liberal Democrat by "your policies" let's just stop here a second and take a look, from the perspective of somebody who grew up in the South. It was "your policies" that brought decades of segregation and Jim Crow laws to an end. It was "your policies" that integrated schools and neighborhoods. There's been a lot of good and bad from both sides of this argument over the years. Nobody and no one perspective is right on everything.

Now you've gone to plain insanity. The Republicans are the party that kept blacks under the thumb in the south? LOL! It was your party. Recently you changed chains for checks but it's the same old story of keeping the poor ground down. Now it's taxes instead of whips. The corn and games of the welfare state. At least one recognizes the evil of the whip holder. The smiling politician with his "free handout" is a less obvious but ultimately more destructive evil.

Not my policies. I'm neither a Rat nor a Pube. I believe in freedom and so there's no room for me in either of those criminal gangs.

schizuki 04-29-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 211816)
Now you've gone to plain insanity. The Republicans are the party that kept blacks under the thumb in the south? LOL! It was your party. Recently you changed chains for checks but it's the same old story of keeping the poor ground down.

Democrats - the party of slavery, Jim Crow and government dependency. Nice Dad or mean Dad, it's all paternalism.

acecycleins 04-29-2009 03:34 PM

Ken- as a proud former resident of Forsyth County GA I can tell you some things about racism, but to the point: Until 1980 (when Ronnie Raygun was elected) this state swam deep in democrats. Those very democrats WERE the KKK. It's not the Republicans that "caused" most of the south's history. I'm not saying rednecks weren't crossing party lines to be racist, but to believe that 200 years of racism in the south is the fault of Republicans is plain silly. There were powerful politicians throughout the south that held democratic ties until, well, the last 27 yrs that were well known bigots.
There may have been a shift of 'blue dog democrats" to the Republican party in the last generation, but that candle isn't nearly as bright as the previous generation of bigots and racist in the democratic party.
There's enough blame to go around, but Conservative Republicans in the south are a relitively new thing in history compared to the past.

BTW- Florida may be located below GA, but even SEC colleges don't really count FL as a southern state. It's more like a Suburb of the Northeast with a 800 mile commute.

Love you like a redheaded step brother. Off to Barber. Shut up LR. I know 12 people will be there, but they'll have my undivided attention when they walk through the vendor area. Bye.

SonnyRides 04-29-2009 06:01 PM

Say what you will,(and obviously you will) I just watched the press conference. How refreshing it is to have an articulate, intelligent leader as opposed to freakin' Howdy Doody! and his band of Merry Gangsters.