Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #161
GeneralPowell
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2
Default “I tried to avoid this war,” Powell said at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado. “I

I'm an idiot. Please ban me. By the way George Bush was 100% right. I was wrong.

Last edited by longride : 05-04-2009 at 12:46 PM.
GeneralPowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #162
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
With Gay Marriage soon to be legal it's only a matter of time until polygamy and any other form of marriage are legal too. Then I can take all 5 of them out to dinner proudly.

You misunderstand me Ken. I've never did like Colin Powell. I thought he was a terrible choice for SoS. You'll find few Vietnam Vets who have the time of day for REMF staff pogue careerists like Powell... always in the rear with the gear.

You also err if you think I ever supported the invasion of Iraq. I'm just not going to tolerate left wing hypocritical propaganda. The Democrats are responsible for all of our major foreign wars, except the Spanish-American War and the Iraq Wars, which are comparatively small potatoes. They can go suck eggs with their phony pacifism.

Whether that war was justified is irrelevant. We have to deal with the situations that W left us. Timetable pullouts are a bad idea. In many things, actually.

That's all reasonable and well stated. I have no argument with it...as much as I'd like to see us get the F out of Iraq and get focused completely on Afghanistan, I realize we "bought the store" when we broke it.

So as a conservative, what's the big deal with gay marriage? How does it bother anyone else, and why would someone who distains gummit influence be opposed to letting gays get married? Or does your Libertarian/Independent perspective allow you to be ok with it?
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #163
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That's all reasonable and well stated. I have no argument with it...as much as I'd like to see us get the F out of Iraq and get focused completely on Afghanistan, I realize we "bought the store" when we broke it.

So as a conservative, what's the big deal with gay marriage? How does it bother anyone else, and why would someone who distains gummit influence be opposed to letting gays get married? Or does your Libertarian/Independent perspective allow you to be ok with it?
I'm not a conservative. It might appear so but that's only because like true conservatives I oppose big govt. Similarity is not identity. Both "liberals" and "conservative" today want a huge powerful govt so as to enforce whatever arbitrary and senseless moral belief "du jour" they are subscribing to. Democrats are not "liberal" and Republicans are not "conservative". At least not according to Websters. Political Liberals have none of the characteristics of classical liberalism. Same with Political Conservatives.

Libertarian does not have to mean "libertine". I subscribe to libertarianism due to what I see as the largely incompetent and destructive force of powerful govts. However a free society can only exist if it has a very strong moral and ethical base. If you look back at past great civilizations one of the indicators of impending collapse is the widespread acceptance of perversion as well as financial irregularities. A serious mental defect is not an "alternative lifestyle". They aren't being oppressed at all. All are free to marry members of the opposite sex.

I'm also against drug laws. That doesn't mean I have to grant any particular sense of respectability to addicts, drunks and potheads. Once again, I don't see the need to punish such people, nor do I see a need to cater to their needs. As long as they aren't committing what is normally considered crime I don't feel a need to interfere with them.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #164
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

However a free society can only exist if it has a very strong moral and ethical base. If you look back at past great civilizations one of the indicators of impending collapse is the widespread acceptance of perversion as well as financial irregularities. A serious mental defect is not an "alternative lifestyle". They aren't being oppressed at all. All are free to marry members of the opposite sex.
So you consider being homosexual a serious mental defect and/or a perversion? That it's an telltale of the impending collapse of civilization? You really are from Utah!

I recall two civilzations that had strong sentiments on the topic; the Greeks were quite comfortable with homosexuality and their civilization was extemely successful for what, about a thousand years? Then there were the Nazis, who agreed with your perspective and found a solution...but they didn't do so good.

Consider what my good friend who is gay told me: "nobody would choose to be gay in this world...it's far easier to be straight. My friend is one of the most decent and moral people I know....he is, I believe, what God made him to be." Being gay isn't an illness any more than having brown eyes is. When my Dad went to school they told him he was "defective" because he was left-handed, and they tied his left arm to the desk (Colorado public schools in the 30's). Maybe they can do a Clockwork Orange style remedy for the gays here, after they've been rounded up and put in the re-education camps. Of course, once you start in on the gays, then you might as well open a camp for those perverts who think it's cool to marry more than one woman.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #165
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
So you consider being homosexual a serious mental defect and/or a perversion? That it's an telltale of the impending collapse of civilization? You really are from Utah!

I recall two civilzations that had strong sentiments on the topic; the Greeks were quite comfortable with homosexuality and their civilization was extemely successful for what, about a thousand years? Then there were the Nazis, who agreed with your perspective and found a solution...but they didn't do so good.

Consider what my good friend who is gay told me: "nobody would choose to be gay in this world...it's far easier to be straight. My friend is one of the most decent and moral people I know....he is, I believe, what God made him to be." Being gay isn't an illness any more than having brown eyes is. When my Dad went to school they told him he was "defective" because he was left-handed, and they tied his left arm to the desk (Colorado public schools in the 30's). Maybe they can do a Clockwork Orange style remedy for the gays here, after they've been rounded up and put in the re-education camps. Of course, once you start in on the gays, then you might as well open a camp for those perverts who think it's cool to marry more than one woman.
Whatever. I'm not going to argue about it.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #166
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I figured the only response to the post would have to be something to the effect that Powell was a liar or worse. Funny, a few years ago he was an icon for the Conservatives
Powell? Seriously? He may have been an icon to the country -club Republicans, but no conservative I've ever known trusted him. They saw him as Paul Winfield's character in Mars Attacks!. Go along to get along.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #167
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
...as much as I'd like to see us get the F out of Iraq and get focused completely on Afghanistan
OK, I'll bite - what's preventing a "total focus" on Afghanistan? How many troops do you figure we'll need? How will they be deployed? How many of that number are in Iraq? Will you be taking Abrams and Bradleys into the mountains? Why can't troops in Germany, Japan and Korea be used (they've been stuck there longer than the ones in Iraq). I'm all ears.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #168
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Maybe they can do a Clockwork Orange style remedy for the gays here, after they've been rounded up and put in the re-education camps.
Actually, Ken, the re-education camps are operating now. They're called "schools", and you'll find "Heather Has Two Mommies" in the library. Right next to the Bible.

(Ha, ha! Just kidding! There's no Bibles there!)
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #169
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

You'd think kpaul would be too busy with his imaginary life to keep bothering with us, what with his imaginary motorcycling and imaginary horse riding and imaginary hip young friends.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #170
WarHero
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Default They didn't get the memo Ken

Mr. Moore good luck with your effort to give MO folks a balanced view of things. You don't know what you are talking about, but keep talking anyway. You make Longride and Seruzawa look like the geniuses they are. Remember GWB was the best President ever. Keep an eye on the Buzglyd gUy too Ken. He doesn't even know how smart he is!

Last edited by longride : 05-05-2009 at 06:25 AM.
WarHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off