Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #141
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Hey did you guys see that plane fly by the Statue of Liberty?

Wow!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #142
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Wow!
I heard about that - wasn't it in New Hampshire, or Jersey or somethin'?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #143
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I heard about that - wasn't it in New Hampshire, or Jersey or somethin'?
No it was an Imperial Shuttle. This just goes to show you what happens when you use an old security code.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #144
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Wow!
That's so fifteen pages ago.

But since you mention it, there's something tragically apropos about Americans fleeing in terror from Air Force One.

Joe Biden was all over it. He was, like, "That's some reckless sh*t right there. No way I'd be getting on an airplane now. Somebody sneezes and, bam! you've got the Swiney H1N1. That's what I call it, it's pronounced 'Swiney Heinie', I came up with that one. Pretty good, huh? But hey, that's me. Anyway, aren't ya glad you didn't get that dummy Palin?"

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #145
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
That's so fifteen pages ago.

But since you mention it, there's something tragically apropos about Americans fleeing in terror from Air Force One.

Joe Biden was all over it. He was, like, "That's some reckless sh*t right there. No way I'd be getting on an airplane now. Somebody sneezes and, bam! you've got the Swiney H1N1. That's what I call it, it's pronounced 'Swiney Heinie', I came up with that one. Pretty good, huh? But hey, that's me. Anyway, aren't ya glad you didn't get that dummy Palin?"
I dunno, I kinda dig Biden's 12-step program he outlines here: YouTube - Obama Hits The AIG Spot! Cartoon Comedy
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #146
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Well, Ken thinks Colin Powell was against the Iraq War too, so this 'fact' really isn't a big surprise. It's just 'The World According to Ken'.
You would have liked my Grandmother. She used to say: "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up." Of course, she was only kidding.

I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: Powell | The Australian
Old 05-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #147
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You would have liked my Grandmother. She used to say: "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up." Of course, she was only kidding.

I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: Powell | The Australian
Well, Ken, I can see that Colin has been good at doing what any political general would do. CYA. It might be best to keep him out of the equation since his opinions seem to blow with the wind. I'm sure he was for AND against it all along. LOL!

On another note, you're not the the one who keeps sending rain to Utah, are you? All my weekend riding plans have been ruined for weeks now. Or is it sarnali? I suspect it's you since you can't join the Secret Elite MO Club. Please don't have it rain on the weekend before Memorial Day. My wives and I are going on a tour to Zion Park and other points. I'd hate to have to send them after you......
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #148
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

T'weren't me, we keep all our rain for ourselves, we send tourists and Kalifornians to Utah. We know how much you like strangers traipsing around your mountains and meadows....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #149
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, Ken, I can see that Colin has been good at doing what any political general would do. CYA. It might be best to keep him out of the equation since his opinions seem to blow with the wind. I'm sure he was for AND against it all along. LOL!

My wives and I are going on a tour to Zion Park and other points. I'd hate to have to send them after you......
I figured the only response to the post would have to be something to the effect that Powell was a liar or worse. Funny, a few years ago he was an icon for the Conservatives, once he made a choice that defied the party line he became an enemy...decades of leadership and service notwithstanding.

I always wondered why they tried to keep the Utonians (Mormons? LSDs?) from having multiple wives. What punishment could be worse than the crime?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #150
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Colin Powell Quotes from Speeches:

Rejects Kofi Annan’s assertion that Iraq war is illegal
Powell expressed disapproval of U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s description of the war in Iraq as illegal. “We should all be gathering around the idea of helping the Iraqis, not getting into these kinds of side issues.” Powell said the Constitution gives the US the right to act in its own self-defense without U.N. approval, but argued that the Iraq war itself was justified by Saddam’s “material breach” of earlier U.N. resolutions. “What we did was totally consistent with international law.”
Source: David R. Sands, Washington Times Sep 16, 2004

Bush & whole Cabinet agreed on multilateral approach on Iraq
Contrary to press reports, Bush was never opposed to obtaining UN approval for going into Iraq. “People like to write about that,” Powell said, “but when I first raised thee issue directly with the president in early August of 2002, I told the president that if we’re going to solve this problem, there are two ways to do it: getting the broadest international coalition and concurrence, or at least authorization for it; or just doing it unilaterally, and if we did it unilaterally, we would have difficulty getting willing partners in a coalition. And since it was UN resolutions that were being violated, I believed he had to go back to the UN.“ Bush was ”attracted to that argument, and I did,“ Powell said. ”And Vice President Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld agreed, with “varying degrees of skepticism with respect to whether the UN would play a useful role” Contrary to what the critics said, Bush supported “multilateralism and getting our friends and neighbors involved,” Powell said.
Source: A Matter of Character, by Ronald Kessler, p.180-81 Aug 5, 2004
Inspectors are inspectors, not detectives
Resolution 1441 gave Iraq one last chance to come into compliance or to face serious consequences. No council member that day had any allusions about the intent of the resolution or what “serious consequences” meant if Iraq did not comply. We called on Iraq to cooperate with returning inspectors. This council placed the burden on Iraq to comply and disarm and not on the inspectors to find that which Iraq has gone out of its way to conceal for so long. Inspectors are inspectors; they are not detectives.
Source: Speech to the UN Security Council Feb 5, 2003

The facts show Iraq has not disarmed
My purpose is to share with you what the US knows about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction as well as Iraq’s involvement in terrorism. The material comes from a variety of sources. Iraq’s behavior demonstrates that Saddam Hussein has made no effort to disarm. The facts show that Saddam is concealing his efforts to produce weapons of mass destruction.

Iraq moved weapons to hide them from inspectors
Human sources tell us that the Iraqis are moving, not just documents & hard drives, but weapons of mass destruction to keep them from being found. While we were debating Resolution 1441 last fall, we know that a missile brigade outside Baghdad was disbursing rocket launchers & warheads containing biological warfare agents to various locations in western Iraq. Most of the launchers & warheads have been hidden in large groves of palm trees & were to be moved every 1 to 4 weeks to escape detection.

Saddam has enough anthrax to kill thousands
Less than a teaspoon of dry anthrax in an envelope shutdown the US Senate. This forced several hundred people to undergo emergency medical treatment & killed two postal. Iraq declared 8,500 liters of anthrax, but UNSCOM estimates that Saddam Hussein could have produced 25,000 liters. If concentrated into this dry form, this amount would be enough to fill tens upon tens upon tens of thousands of teaspoons.

WMD inspectors eluded by producing weapons in mobile labs
Although Iraq’s mobile production program began in the mid-1990s, confirmation came later. The source was an engineer who supervised one of these facilities. He was present during biological agent production runs. He was also at the site when an accident occurred in 1998. 12 technicians died from exposure. He reported that when UNSCOM was inspecting, the biological weapons agent production always began on Thursdays at midnight because Iraq thought UNSCOM would not inspect on the Muslim Holy Day.

Photo shows Iraqi jet modified to spray anthrax
Saddam has investigated biological agents causing diseases such as gangrene, plague, typhus, tetanus, cholera, camelpox and hemorrhagic fever, and he also has the wherewithal to develop smallpox. The regime has also developed ways to disburse lethal biological agents. For example, Iraq had a program to modify aerial fuel tanks for Mirage jets. This video shows an Iraqi F-1 Mirage jet. Note the spray coming from beneath the Mirage; that is 2,000 liters of simulated anthrax that a jet is spraying.

Iraq has at least 100 tons of chemical weapons
Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons. That is enough agent to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets. Even the low end of 100 tons of agent would enable Saddam to cause mass casualties acro more than 100 square miles of territory. Of the 122 millimeter chemical warheads, that the U.N. inspectors found recently, this discovery could very well be the tip of the submerged iceberg.

Iraq has been trying to enrich uranium
Saddam’s efforts to reconstitute his nuclear program have focused on acquiring material to produce a nuclear explosion. To make the material, he needs to enrich uranium. He has made repeated attempts to acquire high-specification aluminum tubes from 11 different countries, even after inspections resumed. We also have intelligence that Iraq is attempting to acquire magnets and high-speed balancing machines; both items can be used in a gas centrifuge program to enrich uranium.

Intelligence shows links between Iraq and terrorists
Iraq harbors a terrorist network headed by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi. Zarqawi, a Palestinian born in Jordan, fought in the Afghan war more than a decade ago. Returning to Afghanistan in 2000, he oversaw a terrorist training camp. One of his specialties is poisons. When our coalition ousted the Taliban, the Zarqawi network helped establish a training center in Iraq. Baghdad has an agent in the most senior levels of the radical organization. In 2000 this agent offered Al Qaida safe haven in the region.

Documented ties between Iraq & Al Qaida
Al Qaida coordinates the movement of people, money & supplies into Iraq, & they’ve been operating in the capital for more than eight months. Iraqi officials deny accusations of ties with Al Qaida. These denials are simply not credible. Last year an Al Qaida associate bragged that the situation in Iraq was, quote, “good,” that Baghdad could be transited quickly. A detained Al Qaida member tells us that Saddam was willing to assist Al Qaida after the 1998 bombings of our embassies in Kenya & Tanzania

Our future is frightening unless we act against Iraq
The nexus of Iraq & terror is old. Iraqi denials of supporting terrorism take the place alongside the other denials of weapons of mass destruction. It is all a web of lies. When we confront a regime that harbors ambitions for regional domination, hides weapons of mass destruction & provides support for terrorists, we are not confronting the past, we are confronting the present. Unless we act, we are confronting an even more frightening future.

Saddam killed 5,000 Kurds with mustard & nerve gas
Saddam’s use of mustard & nerve gas against the Kurds in 1988 was one of the 20th century’s most horrible atrocities; 5,000 died. His campaign against the Kurds from 1987 to ‘89 included mass summary executions, disappearances, arbitrary jailing, ethnic cleansing & the destruction of some 2,000 villages. Saddam ruthlessly eliminates anyone who dares to dissent. Iraq has more forced disappearance cases than any other country.

Post 9/11, we cannot allow Iraq to have nuclear weapons
Given Saddam’s history of aggression, his grandiose plans, and his terrorist associations, should we take the risk that he will not some day use these weapons at a time when the world is in a much weaker position to respond? The US will not run that risk to the American people. Leaving Saddam in possession of weapons of mass destruction for a few more months or years is not an option, not in a post-September 11th world.