Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #121
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
How about them Congress votes during that time?? Oh yeah, you just ignored that. You only named 3 freaking people out of MILLIONS, and suddenly the Demo-dopes were the leaders of Civil Rights. How about Mayor Daley -Democrat?? LOL
The Congressional votes were skewed that way because of SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS. I know this is confusing, but in summary:

-Southern racists were Democrats since the time of Lincoln. (Lincoln was a Republican)

-When Democrats began pushing Civil Rights in the 1960's, the whites were forced away from the party (remember G. Wallace? Left the Dems to become a race-issue candidate in his 3rd party bid for Pres)

-The Republicans capitalized on this with their Southern Strategy:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3

The quote is from the author of Nixon's Southern Strategy, which worked out extremely well for them. Obama was the first Dem President to win FL in 30 some years.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #122
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This isn't confusing:

Subscript: Richard J. and Richard M. Daley did more segregating of more African Americans than Southern Dixiecrats

Substance News - December, 2007
…One of the things that came to mind when Trent Lott announced that he was leaving Congress after more than three decades representing Mississippi (in both the House and the Senate) was the old Strom Thurmond question. Who did more segregating of black people (er, African Americans) — in both neighborhoods and public schools — since the end of World War II? Was it the avowed segregationists and Dixiecrats — like Thurmond and Lott — or the Yankee “liberals” like Chicago’s Daley family?

Well, if “data driven” history means anything, it was the Daleys — hands down. By the time Richard M. Daley began his program of ethnic cleansing (officially, it was called "housing reform") across the South Side of Chicago about six or seven years ago (i.e., “housing reform” to move poor black people away from Lake Michigan, “welfare reform” to make children’s lives even worse than they had been, and “school reform” to cover up the whole ugly deal), Chicago had more segregated all-black public schools than in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Florida combined. Quite an accomplishment, that.

Between Richard J. Daley and Richard M. Daley, Chicago produced more all-black schools than there were (and are) in the entire state of Mississippi once the Brown decision was implemented (by the late 1960s) in the Heart of Dixie. Look at it another way. The “Heart of Dixie” might still be in that stretch of land between Pascagoula, Mississippi and Savannah, Georgia, but the soul of Dixie, the vicious segrgationism and white supremacist overlording, beats firmly (if souls beat) on the 5th floor of Chicago’s City Hall. “Daley” is be a synonym for “Segregation.” Instead of reality, however, “Thurmond” and “Lott” are synonyms for racism, while the Daley record, unsurpassed in U.S. History, is whited out of the history books, replaced by all those fairy tales about miracles of “school reform”… 

The Democrats are as bad or worse than any Republican. They just faked the concern better.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #123
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Dammit LR, nobody is arguing that there have been racist Democrats. There were and are. It doesn't change the fact that the Democratic party put civil rights on the forefront both in legislation and in leadership in our lifetimes. I only named three particular people because I figured TWO PRESIDENTS and the Senator who WROTE the Civil Rights Bill was enough...how long a list is required?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #124
SonnyRides
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
If Ken is the intelligent left and KP is the kook left where's Sonny gonna fall in this mix?

Why do we keep banning KP again? If he keeps returning we might as well keep poking that stick at him. Banning him seems like more effort than it's worth. Tell him he can stay if he donates money to the air fence fund for the AMA racers. At least $40 annual and he has to produce a receipt to stay. If he likes us that much I bet he'd do it.
In regard to that first line about where is Sonny going to fall in this mix? If I stay true to form, probably in a parking lot, or pulling into a campsite, or on a banked, gravel shoulder pulling over to help another biker, or backing the bike down the inclined ramp from my shed, or . . . oh, that's not what you meant.

I DID vote Republican once about 30 years ago and no amount of therapy (or drugs) has been able to erase that awful fact from my memory. I am a registered independant, and will vote my conscience every time and never be ashamed for having done so. That is every persons right, and anyone who doesn't exercise that right has no place in this conversation.

Dogpile away there, longrider, I'm easily amused.
SonnyRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #125
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That's absurd.

JFK - a leading Civil Rights advocate in my lifetime. Democrat.
LBJ - a leading Civil Rights advocate in my lifetime. Democrat.
Hubert Humphrey - Senator - wrote the friking Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Democrat.Even your much derided Jesse Jackson - Democrat.

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it untrue.
Yep, we can tell because of the votes. The Civil Rights Act of '64 likely wouldn't have passed without Senator Dirksen's tireless efforts. But keep up with your propaganda. It deflects attention from the evil welfare schemes and other Democrat govt programs that have worked so "well". Or have you been through Central L.A. lately? Col. Forrest is smiling from hell at what the Rats have wrought in the cities. He's sorry he didn't think of it. The KKK never dreamed of such success.

BTW, you left out another Democrat... James Earle Ray.

Neither LBJ nor Kennedy would be Democrats today. LBJ would be aghast at what his programs have done. They would recognize the treasonous and financially ruinous policies of what their rotten Part has become. Even my staunchly Democrat parents rejected the Party before they died.

Ah well, screw 'em all. Rat and Pube. It was the church leaders at the forefront of the movement in actuality. Without them it would never have happened, just like it was the churches started the ball rolling to eliminate slavery in the West. The politicians as usual took credit for the hard work others started.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-01-2009 at 05:50 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #126
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That's absurd.

JFK - a leading Civil Rights advocate in my lifetime. Democrat.
They give W crap about listening in on calls from the Middle East but wasn't it JFK and RFK who had MLK wiretapped?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #127
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyRides View Post
In regard to that first line about where is Sonny going to fall in this mix? If I stay true to form, probably in a parking lot, or pulling into a campsite, or on a banked, gravel shoulder pulling over to help another biker, or backing the bike down the inclined ramp from my shed, or . . . oh, that's not what you meant.

I DID vote Republican once about 30 years ago and no amount of therapy (or drugs) has been able to erase that awful fact from my memory. I am a registered independant, and will vote my conscience every time and never be ashamed for having done so. That is every persons right, and anyone who doesn't exercise that right has no place in this conversation.

Dogpile away there, longrider, I'm easily amused.
An independent who only vote for Democrats, eh? LOL!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #128
12er
Founding Member

You guys are too funny. "it was the chicken!" "No the EGG!!!"

Maybe with this crowd its "Tastes Great!" "Less Filling!"

Both parties suck. Where is the straight down the middle party?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #129
Barbara
Super Moderator

Hi Guys,

Boy, this is fun! However, a small point of correction: Bedford Forrest resigned from the KKK when it became a gang of thugs rather than an instrument of protection, shortly after it's beginnings after the War. Forrest, probably the greatest cavalry officer this continent has ever produced, went about his business, and declined to remain in the Klan. He was an uneducated man, but even he had to have seen that an organization to ignorant to spell "Clan" correctly wouldn't really get the job done, and of course, the threat he saw to southern Whites from newly freed Slaves never materialized......

Nevertheless, Forrest's campaigns in the War are fascinating, and it would be a shame if he were remembered only for his abortive attempt to found the KKK.

Just my double-penny's worth.....

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #130
SonnyRides
Registered Member

Barb,

As usual, a point well taken, and well presented. Living in middle Tennessee where every other county and school is named Bedford or Forrest, I find it amusing that someone who lives in the far Northwet knows more about the crafty general than most of the residents here. The stain of the Klan will be forever on his name, and that's a shame.
SonnyRides is offline   Reply With Quote