Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The stupidity of this White House boggles the mind (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11709-stupidity-white-house-boggles-mind.html)

SonnyRides 04-30-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 211855)
Hey Ken Look! Another Lib. Alright!! Hey Everyone- Dogpile on Sonny! Sonny, Hope you have a great backbone like Ken. We have fun with him all the time. Just remember that we're all friends in the end. But be ready to hold your ground 'cause these guys are tough.
BTW- Your articulate, intelligent leader was yelling at his teleprompter the other day. Whew! That's one of the funniest PresBo moments this month. Just remember this- It took a gradual decline of 8 yrs to get all of W's fvckups done. It's been 100 days and PresBo is on track to overtake W in mistakes before the end of summer.

You may want to be careful trying to dog pile Sonny . . . he's been around for quite some time and there are those who have called him the artful dodger . . . you might end up sh*tting on your own shoe. I have lived through every thing from WWII and the McCarthy era to the present can of worms, so all this bug eyed spittle spewing rhetoric doesn't impress me one way or the other.

There's an old saw, "First kill all the lawyers" that could easily be revised by inserting "politicians", but since most of the politicians are erstwhile lawyers, I guess that would be redundant.:rolleyes: ;;) :cool:

The_AirHawk 04-30-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyRides (Post 211994)
There's an old saw, "First kill all the lawyers" that could easily be revised by inserting "politicians", but since most of the politicians are erstwhile lawyers, I guess that would be redundant.:rolleyes: ;;) :cool:

You are Obviously a Wise Man.

Or a Wiseguy, I haven't yet determined as such..............

:D

schizuki 04-30-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211953)
Actually I don't need to look it up. This vote, and others like it, was what drove the South to the Republican party,

So Southern Democrat racists were so incensed by the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that they ... wait for it ... fled to the party that supported it by the higher percentage?

Quote:

ending almost a century of Democratic domination since the Revolutionary War.
Not only that, but the Repubs really couldn't make headroads in the South at all from 1860 on, what with their whole "free the slaves and give them the vote" policy.

Oh, and BTW, it's been over two hundred years since the Revolution, not "nearly a century."

Excellent use of facts and data, Ken. LOL!

schizuki 04-30-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 211987)
Yeah Ken, like old Strom Thurmond...He conducted the longest filibuster ever by a U.S. Senator in opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop.

And a grand wizzard in the KKK too, what a guy. And a Democrat too.

Was Thurmond in the KKK? I know that other Democratic paragon of civil rights, Robert Byrd, was.

schizuki 04-30-2009 09:29 PM

I like the cut of this "Shortbus" guy's jib.

Great posts.

seruzawa 05-01-2009 07:08 AM

The heading of this thread could be "The stupidity of any White House boggles the mind" with equal accuracy.

I'm always amused by the two-dimensional types who assume that if you criticize one of the two corrupt gangs then you must belong to the other. People who have such limited intellectual capacity should be denied the right to vote. They are just too stupid to make a rational decision. Anyone incapable of seeing that both parties have become evil and destructive is just plain dumb.

The_AirHawk 05-01-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 212003)
I like the cut of this "Shortbus" guy's jib.

Great posts.

Mebbe we should make him a Moderator? That, or let him use MO as his "Blog" thingie, or whatever teh Internets peepls call it.

longride 05-01-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 211986)
Yes Matt, that is correct. In the SOUTH, the Democrats were the sole party from the time of Lincoln till the 1960s. In the 1960s, when civil rights became a NATIONAL Democratic issue, the Southern Democrats moved to the Republican Party. C'mon, who was the single greatest Civil Rights President: LBJ. Preceded by JFK.

LongRide, the same answer. Modern civil rights were led by Democrats. We should also give credit to a very liberal Supreme Court.

"It was said that you could not expose segregation in the North because it was subtle. This actually was everything except subtle. It was dynamic, it was real, blatant, ugly, violent."
—Jesse Jackson, SCLC organizer

I rest my case.

longride 05-01-2009 10:11 AM

"You may want to be careful trying to dog pile Sonny . . ."

I think we'll take our chances.

The_AirHawk 05-01-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 212066)
"It was said that you could not expose segregation in the North because it was subtle. This actually was everything except subtle. It was dynamic, it was real, blatant, ugly, violent."
—Jesse Jackson, SCLC organizer

I rest my case.

Heh. Isn't his "Rainbow Coalition" the one that goes-around and blackmails/strongarms "contributions" from Corporations every few years? Last year (and 3-years prior to then), he was calling for a "Boycott" and picket of my parent-company. That is, until we gave the R.C. ~$135,000; then we were determined to be "Racism-Free".

'Til next year................