Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Think Al and the Dali will bother to read this? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11627-think-al-dali-will-bother-read.html)

longride 04-30-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheelwright (Post 211818)
Let me start first by saying that your arguments tend to suffer a bit when they are followed by a signature in which you declare yourself to be a "knucklehead". But having stated your position let me make a very simple argument--one that can't be gummed up by random articles and biased logic. There are millions of factories that exist in the world today. There are also hundreds of millions of cars that drive on the road everyday. How is it physically possible that all of these objects, that even the cleanest of which are still emitting some harmful fumes, are not having some negative effect on our planet? That would be like saying starting a bunch of random fires inside your home and closing the windows wouldn't eventually kill everyone inside. You're telling me you would believe someone who made that claim?

First I'll start by declaring you an 'idiot', so now your arguments tend to suffer more than mine. Next, your supposed logic is flawed in that just becuase you THINK something is happening doesn't mean it actually IS happening. Get that? Kind of like THINKING somebody killed somebody. You have to PROVE it, and there is NO PROOF that anything those factories are emitting or those cars are emitting is affecting our weather. We are talking about Global Warm....err Climate Change right? That is what the EPA is after.....greenhouse gasses. You know....the ones that cause Global War....err Climate Change. The atmosphere is not my house. Try starting random fires outside and see how much it affects you. Actually, random fires happen every day all over the world. Why aren't you dead yet? Did you forget that the windows to the atmosphere aren't shut? See how stupid your argument sounds? So when you have some SOLID PROOF that Global War...err Climat Change is happening, let me in on the joke. Until then I would stay away from insults, if I was you. I'm better at it than you are. Trust me on that one.

schizuki 04-30-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheelwright (Post 211818)
There are millions of factories that exist in the world today. There are also hundreds of millions of cars that drive on the road everyday. How is it physically possible that all of these objects, that even the cleanest of which are still emitting some harmful fumes, are not having some negative effect on our planet? You're telling me you would believe someone who made that claim?

And what does this have to do with CO2 and GlobalWarmingClimateChange?

Oh, and don't forget, like I said above, they're thinking of purposefully pumping those very same pollutants you're talking about into the atmosphere to counteract the "effects" of CO2. Where does that fit into your argument?

Quote:

That would be like saying starting a bunch of random fires inside your home and closing the windows wouldn't eventually kill everyone inside.
Holy sh**. Talk about "biased logic"! Here's one for you - water is poisonous. Don't believe me? Try drinking several gallons.

The_AirHawk 04-30-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 211891)
Holy sh**. Talk about "biased logic"! Here's one for you - water is poisonous. Don't believe me? Try drinking several gallons.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is a Dangerous Chemical!

Thousands of people die by immersion in it every year!

It corrodes every known unprotected metal, but has an especial affinity for Iron and Steel (CARS are made from steel!)

It can dissolve the very Mountains themselves into nothing but dust.......

The vapors from this terrible chemical are by weight, volume, AND by effect are the leading Greenhouse Gas by a factor of nearly a thousand! Even Tier3-Emissions vehicles emit 400-times MORE of these vapors than the paltry amount of Carbon Dioxide for which they're responsible! And there's no Catalyser or Filter that can prevent it! OMG!

seruzawa 04-30-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 211905)
Dihydrogen Monoxide is a Dangerous Chemical!

Thousands of people die by immersion in it every year!

It corrodes every known unprotected metal, but has an especial affinity for Iron and Steel (CARS are made from steel!)

It can dissolve the very Mountains themselves into nothing but dust.......

Yes, but there's an even bigger problem and it's not environmental. It's a social problem. Have you been made aware of the horrible practice of WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE? Yes! Women are suffraging all over the world. Amd this is not limited to banana republics. Women are suffraging RIGHT HERE IN THE USA! Act now to end this menace. Send cash, checks, money orders and especially gold and platinum bullion to:

Gill-man Enterprises
Big Dark Nasty Pool
Behind the Moray Eel Cavern
Florida.

Act now before it's too late to save women from their suffraging!

The Wheelwright 04-30-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 211866)
The atmosphere is not my house. Try starting random fires outside and see how much it affects you. Actually, random fires happen every day all over the world. Why aren't you dead yet? Did you forget that the windows to the atmosphere aren't shut? See how stupid your argument sounds? So when you have some SOLID PROOF that Global War...err Climat Change is happening, let me in on the joke. Until then I would stay away from insults, if I was you. I'm better at it than you are. Trust me on that one.

Actually the "windows" in the atmosphere are shut to greenhouse gases. That's point--they wouldn't be greenhouse gases if they just dissipated into space. That's what the fuss is about, these gases are building up and are not able to escape. And CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas either-- methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, and chlorofluorocarbons are as well.

Here's the proof you were looking for: Global Warming Fast Facts

The_AirHawk 04-30-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheelwright (Post 211958)
Actually the "windows" in the atmosphere are shut to greenhouse gases. That's point--they wouldn't be greenhouse gases if they just dissipated into space. That's what the fuss is about, these gases are building up and are not able to escape. And CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas either-- methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, and chlorofluorocarbons are as well.

Here's the proof you were looking for: Global Warming Fast Facts

It's not "Nitrous Oxide" (N2O) It's "Oxides of Nitrogen" (NOx). You should read that "Global Warming Fast Facts" page yourself there, KPaul Kook Jr.

And all the "fuss" is about CO2 right now. Big O and Co. are SO concerned about it, they're getting set to add some REAL pollution to the atmosphere to "stave off AGW" by blocking the sunlight. Intentionally polluting our atmosphere is the absolute HEIGHT of Foolishness and Stupidity, and will be an unforgiveable error on their part (just add it to the pile, I guess...........).

schizuki 04-30-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wheelwright (Post 211958)
Here's the proof you were looking for

Um, no, that's not "proof" of anything.

And this is the point where I refuse to waste any more time arguing with a religious zealot. I look forward to the day when this turns out to be the same false alarm that every other apocalyptic lefty pantswetting scenario has been, each and every one, and you and your fellow travelers say "Eh, whatever" and move on to the next Mankind is Sinful and Must Repent or Pay the Price for Its Trangressions!!! bell-and-sandwich-board doomscream.

Oh, and I assume you ride a motorcycle with a catalytic converter, yes?

12er 04-30-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 211976)

I do, stock on my BMW.

The Wheelwright 04-30-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 211976)
Um, no, that's not "proof" of anything.

And this is the point where I refuse to waste any more time arguing with a religious zealot. I look forward to the day when this turns out to be the same false alarm that every other apocalyptic lefty pantswetting scenario has been, each and every one, and you and your fellow travelers say "Eh, whatever" and move on to the next Mankind is Sinful and Must Repent or Pay the Price for Its Trangressions!!! bell-and-sandwich-board doomscream.

My posts were directed to Longride not you. You and I haven't been arguing anything.

The_AirHawk 04-30-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 211984)
I do, stock on my BMW.

Same here - FZ6, meets Euro-III Emission Regs.