Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

We all have a weird sense of humor here. That's why we put up with Ken.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheelwright View Post
So...your argument is that greenhouse gases aren't a danger to society?
CO2 is as dangerous as oxygen.

Quote:
That the EPA and other organizations are lying in massive conspiracy to unecessarily make the air cleaner?
They're not lying. They're just like you. Notice how you said that they want to curtail CO2 to make the air "cleaner". CO2 is not a pollutant. You exhale it. Plants inhale it. They -and you - are encouraging economically disastrous actions in an effort to solve a non-existent problem that's blamed on an atmospheric gas that's necessary for life.

Note also that some of your "clean air" crew are proposing pumping actual pollution in the form of sulphur dioxide into the atmosphere to curtail the supposedly harmful effects of this life-sustaining gas. Insanity.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
CO2 is as dangerous as oxygen.



They're not lying. They're just like you. Notice how you said that they want to curtail CO2 to make the air "cleaner". CO2 is not a pollutant. You exhale it. Plants inhale it. They -and you - are encouraging economically disastrous actions in an effort to solve a non-existent problem that's blamed on an atmospheric gas that's necessary for life.

Note also that some of your "clean air" crew are proposing pumping actual pollution in the form of sulphur dioxide into the atmosphere to curtail the supposedly harmful effects of this life-sustaining gas. Insanity.
The Ocean emits a whole pile of CO2 as well. I say we put the ocean in one of those secret prisons Ken keeps talking about.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The Ocean emits a whole pile of CO2 as well. I say we put the ocean in one of those secret prisons Ken keeps talking about.
Dam* Right... well throw a bunch of plastic sixpack rings in there and see how it likes THAT!!!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Dam* Right... well throw a bunch of plastic sixpack rings in there and see how it likes THAT!!!
I'm already in a secret prison. It's about 8 ft by 16 feet. Has shoulder high walls and I'm forced to stare at a computer screen of often torturous boredom hours at a time. I even have a roomie.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I even have a roomie.
Have you ever considered selling him to an Inmate in the next cell for 10 smokes?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
The Wheelwright
Registered Member
 
The Wheelwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Olnly a fool would think this a good idea."

You got one a couple of posts up.
Let me start first by saying that your arguments tend to suffer a bit when they are followed by a signature in which you declare yourself to be a "knucklehead". But having stated your position let me make a very simple argument--one that can't be gummed up by random articles and biased logic. There are millions of factories that exist in the world today. There are also hundreds of millions of cars that drive on the road everyday. How is it physically possible that all of these objects, that even the cleanest of which are still emitting some harmful fumes, are not having some negative effect on our planet? That would be like saying starting a bunch of random fires inside your home and closing the windows wouldn't eventually kill everyone inside. You're telling me you would believe someone who made that claim?
The Wheelwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheelwright View Post
Let me start first by saying that your arguments tend to suffer a bit when they are followed by a signature in which you declare yourself to be a "knucklehead". But having stated your position let me make a very simple argument--one that can't be gummed up by random articles and biased logic. There are millions of factories that exist in the world today. There are also hundreds of millions of cars that drive on the road everyday. How is it physically possible that all of these objects, that even the cleanest of which are still emitting some harmful fumes, are not having some negative effect on our planet? That would be like saying starting a bunch of random fires inside your home and closing the windows wouldn't eventually kill everyone inside. You're telling me you would believe someone who made that claim?
Um, do you know what a Knucklehead is?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheelwright View Post
Let me start first by saying that your arguments tend to suffer a bit when they are followed by a signature in which you declare yourself to be a "knucklehead". But having stated your position let me make a very simple argument--one that can't be gummed up by random articles and biased logic. There are millions of factories that exist in the world today. There are also hundreds of millions of cars that drive on the road everyday. How is it physically possible that all of these objects, that even the cleanest of which are still emitting some harmful fumes, are not having some negative effect on our planet? That would be like saying starting a bunch of random fires inside your home and closing the windows wouldn't eventually kill everyone inside. You're telling me you would believe someone who made that claim?
There is a whole bunch of carbon dioxide in your house right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
There is a whole bunch of carbon dioxide in your house right now.
So many lack the courage of their convictions. As an obvious CO2 emitter/polluter, Wheelwright should take steps to rectify his egregious crimes of exhalation against nature by holding his breath until the CO2 ceases..............
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off