Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   How To Save The Biodiesel Industry (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11425-how-save-biodiesel-industry.html)

FearlesRider 04-08-2009 03:13 PM

How To Save The Biodiesel Industry

"BURLINGAME, Calif.--Can the biodiesel industry be saved? It's remotely possible--but not unless the government steps in to jump-start the besieged market.

Biodiesel, a low-carbon fuel usually made with soy, palm or canola oil, first grabbed the spotlight a few years ago. That was when Congress started promoting the green fuel as a replacement for traditional diesel. Private-equity firms started pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into companies like Seattle's Imperium Renewables and Green Earth Fuels, of Houston, hoping to get in on the ground floor of a nascent market. " Read More

Buzglyd 04-08-2009 03:53 PM

You are hilarious KP.

Nice job.

12er 04-08-2009 04:05 PM

I just keep hoping that the next time he says he'll leave, he will... How many times is this now 30? Didnt he say he would honor the vote 5 years ago? Worse than a bad rash...

The_AirHawk 04-08-2009 04:32 PM

If you only knew one-tenth about biofuel that you think you do, you might be able to have a real live opinion on it.

My own Parent Company is poised to become The Leader in the synthetic biofuels industry, primarily with Military and Jet Fuel contracts. This is merely one (but the most prominent) of 16 recycling/reuse projects (that I'm not at liberty to discuss) started by either my Company or its Parent, just this year.

What has Boing (sic) done to "Green Up" the World lately?

Googling your own Company's Press-releases to find out doesn't count - if you don't know about it without having to frantically dig-around on the 'Net, apparently you're not "In the Loop".

FearlesRider 04-08-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 209781)
If you only knew one-tenth about biofuel that you think you do, you might be able to have a real live opinion on it.

My own Parent Company is poised to become The Leader in the synthetic biofuels industry, primarily with Military and Jet Fuel contracts. This is merely one (but the most prominent) of 16 recycling/reuse projects (that I'm not at liberty to discuss) started by either my Company or its Parent, just this year.

What has Boing (sic) done to "Green Up" the World lately?

Googling your own Company's Press-releases to find out doesn't count - if you don't know about it without having to frantically dig-around on the 'Net, apparently you're not "In the Loop".

Buzglyd 04-08-2009 05:06 PM

I keep waiting to fly on a 787 but there seem to be never-ending cupholder issues which keep it on the ground.

FearlesRider 04-08-2009 05:18 PM

That is why they brought me back to help :)
Read More about the Hollywood Model

pplassm 04-09-2009 07:53 PM

Can someone explain how biodiesel is "low-carbon"?

It's still made of hydrocarbons, right?

The_AirHawk 04-09-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 209874)
Can someone explain how biodiesel is "low-carbon"?

It's still made of hydrocarbons, right?

As I said, if he only knew one tenth of what he thinks he knows..........