Global Warming strikes again!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yup. We got 3 more inches of Global Warming last night. Nice. Algore is nowhere to be found. I haven't seen his mug in the news for about 6 months now. Next hurricaine you will bet he will trumpet Global Warming as the cause though.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Acutually what we're seeing is the gulf-stream shutting down from the salinity in the deep ocean being lost with the introduction of fresh water from the big ice melt in the artic regions. The "heat exchanger" that took cold water to warmer regions and vice versa has been lost, and is causing once temperate climates such as Paris (which experienced sub-zero winters for the first time in centuries, and killed a lot of old folks off). Crazy weather is the result. If you don't believe me, look it up.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Acutually what we're seeing is the gulf-stream shutting down from the salinity in the deep ocean being lost with the introduction of fresh water from the big ice melt in the artic regions. The "heat exchanger" that took cold water to warmer regions and vice versa has been lost, and is causing once temperate climates such as Paris (which experienced sub-zero winters for the first time in centuries, and killed a lot of old folks off). Crazy weather is the result. If you don't believe me, look it up.
So Global Warming causes cooling. OK.

Or, if we want to use actual logic, it sounds like you're describing a self-correcting climate mechanism. Which would explain climate variability for the last billion years or so.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yep, sure am. No one knows why, just the way this old world works.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
mugwump58
Registered Member

Isn't it amazing. Consider it's scope and yet the impact of minute change. It's really all quite amazing. Don't worry. The earth will be fine. I live on a hill

Yeah the heat energy carried by that conveyor belt is pretty cool, don't forget the nutrients carried as well.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

Have you heard Obama's science advisor's plan to stop global warming by shooting pollutants into the atmosphere?

Strangelovian Eco-Nut Climate Engineering Scheme

In the 1970s, after about thirty years of falling temperatures, the eco-nutters were saying that pollution in the atmosphere was blocking sunlight, cooling the Earth, and causing a new Ice Age. So we must radically cut pollution to save the planet.

Now, after about thirty years of rising temperatures that should have had the eco-nutters dancing around screaming, "Yay! We won! We saved Gaia from the Ice Monster!", they're instead saying, "Hang on, that theory actually had some degree of plausibility. How's this - it's actually the stuff you exhale and that plants breathe that's causing catastrophic warming. So we must pollute the atmosphere to save the planet."

You can't make this up.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's all a scam for power. If they say it's warming up, then it's warming up. If you look at the record snow and the outside thermometer it isn't, but who are you going to believe, Algore or your lying eyes?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
fire.storm13
Registered Member

It's just part of earth's natural cycle. There was a time when cold-blooded dinosaurs lived up in Alaska because the temp was substantially higher. Man is NOT killing the planet. Volcanoes emitted large portions of vapors and chemicals into the atmosphere long before man was ever around. I do believe that current forms of energy are inefficient though and that with better engineering we can develop a either a new fuel or way to increase usage and stability without having to use a natural resource on a large scale. Is there a way to make 1 gallon of gas get you 200 miles? Or maybe no fuel will be required at all and all of the energy will be self-contained and regenerative within the machine. I think we will get there eventually, if the last century has shown us anything in terms of our jump in technology. This time 100 years ago no one even had a car.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

We had the nastiest snowiest winter I've seen in quite a few years here, I took the liberty of buying an oil cooler awhile back just in case GW does actually kick in and we have a hot summer to go with it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote