Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default I just want to thank..

....Obamalama for trying to bankrupt the rest of us, while stupidly trying to save those that deserve bankruptcy.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. congressional budget analysts have raised their estimate of the net cost to taxpayers for the government's financial rescue program to $356 billion, an increase of $167 billion from earlier estimates.

Keep up the good work, and we should all be busted in no time!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

They finished the job already. It's just going to take a couple of years for the current rate of spending (including the new budget and "stimulus" bills) to overwhelm the financial system entirely. Even some Democrats are beginning to admit it. Not enough though. You need only watch the Democrats in Calif to see where it's going. Oh yeah. Hawaii's socialized medical care system also went under. Massachusetts' is also going belly up. But none of this reality can break through the "gimme free stuff because I consume oxygen" attitude. The stupid Repubs have been offering "alternative plans" that are supposed to be better because they will only bankrupt us in 10 years instead of 5.

Better think about getting out of that city before the hungry, marauding gangs burn it down completely, LR.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Uh oh...

The Federal Reserve, which has little or no real oversight by anyone, has 'loaned' two trillion dollars (that is $2,000,000,000,000) over the past few months, but will not tell us to whom, or why, or disclose the terms. That is our money. Yours and mine. And that is three times the $700B we all argued about so strenuously just this past September. Who has this money? Why do they have it? Why are the terms unavailable to us? Who asked for it? Who authorized it? I thought this was a government of 'we the people', who loaned our powers to our elected leaders. Apparently not.

We have spent two or more decades intentionally de-industrializing our economy. Why? We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, and we no longer teach our founding documents, showing why we are exceptional and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, and school boards continue to back mediocrity. Why?

We have now established the precedent of protesting every close election (now violently in California over a proposition that is so 'controversial' that it wants marriage to remain between one man and one woman!). Did you ever think such a thing possible just a decade ago? We have corrupted our sacred political process by allowing unelected judges to write laws that radically change our way of life, and then allow mainstream Marxist groups like ACORN and others to turn our voting system into a banana republic. To what purpose?

Now our mortgage industry is collapsing, housing prices are in free fall, major industries are failing, our banking system is on the verge of collapse, Social Security is nearly bankrupt, as is Medicare and our entire government, and our education system is worse than a joke. (I teach college and know precisely what I am talking about.) The list is staggering in its length, breadth, and depth. It is potentially 1929 x ten. And we are at war with an enemy we cannot name for fear of offending people of the same religion, an enemy who cannot wait to slit the throats of your children if they have the opportunity to do so.

Now we have elected President a man no one knows anything about, who has never run so much as a Dairy Queen, let alone a town as big as Wasilla, Alaska .. All of his associations and alliances are with real radicals in their chosen fields of employment, and everything we learn about him, drip by drip, is unsettling, if not downright scary. Surely you have heard him speak about his idea to create and fund a 'mandatory civilian defense force' stronger than our military for use inside our borders. No? Oh, of course. The media would never play that for you over and over, and then demand he explain it. Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter and $150,000 wardrobe is more important to the media.

Mr. Obama's winning platform can be boiled down to one word: change.. Why?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

What a bunch of rabble rousers, we must give Mr. Obama's plan a chance to work.......(just ignore that man behind the curtain)

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Another W moment for the Dali Obama

I'll be eagerly awaiting all the John Stewart clips.

At a news conference afterward, Obama said his debut on the international stage had convinced him that "political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate," where he served before entering the White House.

"There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian -- wheeling and dealing, and people are pursuing their interests, and everybody has their own particular issues and their own particular politics," he said in response to an Austrian reporter's question.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
"There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian -- wheeling and dealing, and people are pursuing their interests, and everybody has their own particular issues and their own particular politics," he said in response to an Austrian reporter's question.
That term would be Lügen, betrügend und stehlen, und rückseitiges erstechen................
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote