Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Earth hour!

Don't forget, tonight is Earth Hour. The environmentalists want us to turn off all our lights and TVs and computers and stuff to demonstrate our "solidarity" against global warming. They would also be pleased if a billion of so of us commit suicide or die suddenly in some other manner.

To commemorate this event I was planning on turning on every light in my house, inside and out. However we are spending the weekend at our cabin which is powered by solar panels and is entirely green.

Humorously, of all the liberal acquaintances I have not one has solar power or even rides a bus or car pool to work which is very typical, but I digress.

So, to commemorate Earth Hour tonight we are going to do a special snowmobile ride for an hour on my property on our snowmobiles. They are a 550 Polaris and a 250 Yamaha. Both are two-stroke and unregulated in any fashion. Thus I plan to do my part to keep the world warm and the wheels of industry turning.

What do you all plan to do to observe this important event?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think I'll turn on every light in the house, heat my spa up to about 110 degrees and let my car, truck, two motorcycles and boat idle in the driveway while I ride the Cuddymobile around the neighborhood.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Fenton
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I think I'll turn on every light in the house, heat my spa up to about 110 degrees and let my car, truck, two motorcycles and boat idle in the driveway while I ride the Cuddymobile around the neighborhood.

Don't forget to throw your old tires in the fire pit.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Buz, don't forget to hook the boat up to the garden hose and let that idle for a few hours too.

Today I am going to re-finish the wood lawn furniture with highly volitile solvents and stains, and will keep the containers un-corked so all that ozone eating stuff wise rise up and create a ozone hole over Burbank, scortching this place into something that looks like Phoenix after a few megatons.

And if you didn't notice, no I am not moving to Phoenix.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
mugwump58
Registered Member

As soon as my brother shows up roll the bike down the stairs and ride. Sync'd the carbs last night I'm ready for the shake down. So here's a question will the candles people light to celebrate with just have little baby carbon foot prints?

Pizza, working on his bike and watching old races ought to be about right. These things have to be planned and nobody told me about this till this am.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Humorously, of all the liberal acquaintances I have not one has solar power or even rides a bus or car pool to work which is very typical, but I digress."

But they DO unserstand the consequences of 'Global Warming'. That makes them morally superior to you! They also have the 'No War for Oil' sticker on their SUV to prove it.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
mugwump58
Registered Member

The stickered SUVs do create an incongruous juxtapostion, especially when you consider the operators typical behavior.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

The only reason I'll be sitting by candle light tonight has nothing to do with Earth Hour and everything to do with the fact that there are kids at home tonight.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
Fenton
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Well today is my birthday

Happy birthday! If I light myself on fire will you blow me out?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
RedRaider
Banned

LOL thanks but you don't have to that for little old me. Lots good changes for me in the last year but one great constant remains the characters of MO.

Last edited by RedRaider : 03-28-2009 at 02:32 PM.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote