Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default If Bush was an oil man is the Teleprompter a Carbon man?

Think the media will rail about Big Carbon!!!!!!?

Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

And of course doin' good ain't got no end.

Council uses spy plane with thermal imaging camera to snoop on homes wasting energy | Mail Online

They're just going to "help" people stop wasting energy.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
SmokeU
Registered Member

At least I don't live in England. Though it's getting worse every month here.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"he read the proposal and voted on the grant." My God, there's the smoking gun if there ever was one. We prefer our elected officials to just ask their lobbyists to tell them how to vote.

While we're on the topic, why is Druggie Limbahaha on such a rant about Obama using a teleprompter? Everybody from movie stars to Dubya uses them. What's next: "And Obama was seen writing things down, ON PAPER, with a BALL POINT PEN!!!"
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
"he read the proposal and voted on the grant." My God, there's the smoking gun if there ever was one. We prefer our elected officials to just ask their lobbyists to tell them how to vote.

While we're on the topic, why is Druggie Limbahaha on such a rant about Obama using a teleprompter? Everybody from movie stars to Dubya uses them. What's next: "And Obama was seen writing things down, ON PAPER, with a BALL POINT PEN!!!"
The teleprompter is such a joke because 'The Messiah' is supposed to be so much smarter, and articulate than than Bush remember? Kinda kills all that talk when he has to read from a prepared script, and when he doesn't have one he has shown himself to be equally as bumbling, if not more so, that Bush AKA Leno show. The movie stars thing is such a great comparison. A stupid Liberal that doesn't have a real job reading off a teleprompter compares to Obamalama very well, don't you think?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The teleprompter is such a joke because 'The Messiah' is supposed to be so much smarter, and articulate than than Bush remember? Kinda kills all that talk when he has to read from a prepared script, and when he doesn't have one he has shown himself to be equally as bumbling, if not more so, that Bush AKA Leno show. The movie stars thing is such a great comparison. A stupid Liberal that doesn't have a real job reading off a teleprompter compares to Obamalama very well, don't you think?
He did stick his foot in it on Leno, that's for sure. Which kinda spoiled a cool "car guy" moment when he visited one of the world's greatest car and bike preservers/restorers/promoters. But I still don't see the big deal with teleprompters...everybody uses some sort of prop for major speeches and such. There is no doubt in my mind that DL is working from a script and/or computer prompting when he does his show...I've seen him reading a compuer monitor on teevee when he's broadcasting. I think it's just a bone for to gnaw on. This from a guy with a solid gold microphone....
Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

KMo, you're right. All speakers use prompters for making speeches. However, the Dali Obama uses a prompter for EVERYTHING. The guy had a prompter at a press conference yesterday. He used a prompter to introduce a low level appointee.

I've got some friends who work in the press and even they have commented his prompter usage.

I wonder when all the late night comedians will put together clips of all the stupid things that come out of his mouth when he's not reading. He's clearly not as bright as the kool-aid drinkers thought.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" wonder when all the late night comedians will put together clips of all the stupid things that come out of his mouth when he's not reading."

It'll never happen. They all had endless amusement about what a moron Bush was when he said something dumb, yet 'The Messiah' never even apologized for his Leno gaffe. His staff did that for him. Notice how little was made of it? If that was Bush, Olbermann would have played it for about and hour and moaned the whole time. Never a mention was made from him on this one though.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
" wonder when all the late night comedians will put together clips of all the stupid things that come out of his mouth when he's not reading."

It'll never happen. They all had endless amusement about what a moron Bush was when he said something dumb, yet 'The Messiah' never even apologized for his Leno gaffe. His staff did that for him. Notice how little was made of it? If that was Bush, Olbermann would have played it for about and hour and moaned the whole time. Never a mention was made from him on this one though.
Agreed he has the press is his pocket like Kennedy did. SNL doesn't have anyone that can do a good Obama impression yet. I am noticing some chinks in his armor though.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
KMo, you're right. All speakers use prompters for making speeches. However, the Dali Obama uses a prompter for EVERYTHING. The guy had a prompter at a press conference yesterday. He used a prompter to introduce a low level appointee.

I've got some friends who work in the press and even they have commented his prompter usage.

I wonder when all the late night comedians will put together clips of all the stupid things that come out of his mouth when he's not reading. He's clearly not as bright as the kool-aid drinkers thought.
Too much prozac will do that to ya.