Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default He had to say this??

Obamalama spewed forth this gem today:

"Facing largely adoring crowds far from Washington, President Barack Obama on Thursday asked Americans to back his far-reaching economic and health policies, but warned them not to expect too much from him or the federal government."

Only the mentally retarded expected anything from him to begin with. I guess he was speaking to 'his adoring fans'. I guess the guy with all the answers a few months ago sounds like he already ran out of them.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Better get use to it. I'm moving to Mexizonia. At least I'll be able to tote around a loaded .45 SA Colt in my wheelchair pack. Phuck with me and I'll set you free. Now if I could just get the guy who nailed me to move to Phoenix...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

And Obama spews forth: "Follow me into the light. It doesn't matter what's on the otherside."

I really wish we weren't surrounded (out-numbered, really) by so many economically stooooopid people. Obama has our short-hairs. We're really in for some tough times over the next 4 yrs.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

He said this yesterday too. Off teleprompter of course. Can you just imagine if Dubya uttered these things:

"The same is true with AIG. It was the right thing to do to step in. Here's the problem. It's almost like they've got -- they've got a bomb strapped to them and they've got their hand on the trigger. You don't want them to blow up. But you've got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Have you seen the story about the people who are cruising to the AIG execs homes and threatening their families? These are the Rats' army of devoted followers.

Now the true architects of the economic crash, politicians like Dodd and Franks via their propagnda press CBS, NBC, NPR, etc, are directing their mob of fanatics at businessmen. How do we know that these particular AIG guys had anything to do with the crash? As far as I know those guys have been fired.

We may start seeing the very people we need to pull the economy out of the mess leaving their jobs and even bolting the country for fear of the Democrat mob of fanatics. Who are the next targets for the Rat thugs in DC?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Who are the next targets for the Rat thugs in DC?
The Secret Elite Club members.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Have you seen the story about the people who are cruising to the AIG execs homes and threatening their families? These are the Rats' army of devoted followers.

Now the true architects of the economic crash, politicians like Dodd and Franks via their propagnda press CBS, NBC, NPR, etc, are directing their mob of fanatics at businessmen. How do we know that these particular AIG guys had anything to do with the crash? As far as I know those guys have been fired.

We may start seeing the very people we need to pull the economy out of the mess leaving their jobs and even bolting the country for fear of the Democrat mob of fanatics. Who are the next targets for the Rat thugs in DC?

There are a whole lot of bad precedents being set. (and for the record, the were just as many repubs shouting about the AIG incident as there were rats...though I still hate the rats more)

AIG was wrong...and stupid for handing out bonuses and handing out cash to other companies after taking government money. But the government is just as wrong in the handling of the situation.

The "90% tax on bonuses" precedent is not pretty. Once you step your foot into those waters in is only a matter of time before you are wading around waste deep in brand new taxation ideas.

It is easy to say "well, it is only for companies that are under the TARP rule". But it can easily grow into another level of "well, they already make plenty of money, let's tax their bonuses to 90%, also".
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Do they have a secret handshake, and a decoder ring?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
There are a whole lot of bad precedents being set. (and for the record, the were just as many repubs shouting about the AIG incident as there were rats...though I still hate the rats more)

AIG was wrong...and stupid for handing out bonuses and handing out cash to other companies after taking government money. But the government is just as wrong in the handling of the situation.

The "90% tax on bonuses" precedent is not pretty. Once you step your foot into those waters in is only a matter of time before you are wading around waste deep in brand new taxation ideas.

It is easy to say "well, it is only for companies that are under the TARP rule". But it can easily grow into another level of "well, they already make plenty of money, let's tax their bonuses to 90%, also".
I'm more worried about the Rats usually because I have had two terrorist fire bombings within a mile of my house by lefty environmentalists in the past 15 years. A MacDonalds and a Fur company. Well maybe the MacDonalds wasn't such a bad idea.

How about the US Constitution and "Bills of Attainder"? Retroactive tax laws? Oh, I forgot, we don't use that document any more. It gets in the way of too much important legislation that simply MUST be passed or we are all gonna die!

The spectacle of the most criminally corrupt people in society, Democrats and Republicans, accusing any one else of raking in unjustified millions is too delicious. Especially since they recently voted 1 trillion dollars in free pork to every loser they could think of. We live in an irony free country.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Well maybe the MacDonalds wasn't such a bad idea."

They didn't like the fries? Big Mac was underdone?