Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Your real science is my quackery, and vice versa. And us 'Mericans dont believe in science, goes against our God. Its Obama's fault anyway. *My programing is almost complete*
So, what about someone like me who isn't religious by any means, but also does not believe that man made Global Warming is taking place, but rather one of the many cycles that has taken place throughout time. And, by time, I mean longer than the last 100 years.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Your real science is my quackery....."

Only the "Global Warming" quackery is the biggest and best lie since Hitler "proved" the Jews were an inferior 'race'.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
So, what about someone like me who isn't religious by any means, but also does not believe that man made Global Warming is taking place, but rather one of the many cycles that has taken place throughout time. And, by time, I mean longer than the last 100 years.
What about you? If you believe that paving over everything, burning anything and everything has no effect then party on. You should sleep sound and live a happy life knowing you have 0 effect on the planet. Your childrens children should be just fine. No need to pay for garbage service as you can just burn it in the back yard. If memory serves you live in a rural area, so you may not notice the temp difference in riding from the country on a cool evening to the much warmer city, but I sure have (takes the chill off).

Year 1 AD pop was estimated at 200 million. In 1850 the world pop was 1.2 billion, As of 2006 it was 6.5 billion. So it took almost 2000 years to get to a billion, but increased by more than 5.3 billion people since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Thats a he11 of a lot of man made change in the last 150 or so years.

My wife and I are not reproducing (Your Welcome) so what do we care, but were not in denial of our impact or that of society as a whole.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
What about you? If you believe that paving over everything, burning anything and everything has no effect then party on. You should sleep sound and live a happy life knowing you have 0 effect on the planet. Your childrens children should be just fine. No need to pay for garbage service as you can just burn it in the back yard. If memory serves you live in a rural area, so you may not notice the temp difference in riding from the country on a cool evening to the much warmer city, but I sure have (takes the chill off).

Year 1 AD pop was estimated at 200 million. In 1850 the world pop was 1.2 billion, As of 2006 it was 6.5 billion. So it took almost 2000 years to get to a billion, but increased by more than 5.3 billion people since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Thats a he11 of a lot of man made change in the last 150 or so years.

My wife and I are not reproducing (Your Welcome) so what do we care, but were not in denial of our impact or that of society as a whole.

So.........what exactly do you propose that we, average Americans, do? Or not do?

Drive less? Hmmmm. I live 20 miles from my workplace, which is pretty much located in Hell. Living closer just isn't an option. I commute with my wife (never do this, but that's another subject!), so that saves a little, I suppose.

We drive old cars (but new(er) bikes) and drive them 'till they stop. I figure I'm doing the world a favor that way.

Yeah I ride dirt bikes. Not every weekend, but enough to p1ss some people off.

I figure, all told, I'm just an average user/abuser.

How much PAIN are you proposing to inflict on me?

Why can't we do intelligent things, like build more nuclear powerplants?

Instead of "Cap and Trade", how about a gas tax? Isn't that what's really needed? Oh, wait. That's political suicide, isn't it.

In any case, I hear some states are proposing to tax by vehicle mile, because gas tax revenues are falling.

It's all about money and power, isn't it?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"It's all about money and power, isn't it?"

Which is why Algore got into the "Global Warming" business to begin with. Notice that all the hand-wringers still live in large houses that use heat and electricity, drive their large cars as much or more than everyone else, and produce just as much garbage while they live in a big city that ruins the planet. The only difference between them and me is that they are fully aware of the damage they cause. Great. That sure helps.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"It's all about money and power, isn't it?"

Which is why Algore got into the "Global Warming" business to begin with. Notice that all the hand-wringers still live in large houses that use heat and electricity, drive their large cars as much or more than everyone else, and produce just as much garbage while they live in a big city that ruins the planet. The only difference between them and me is that they are fully aware of the damage they cause. Great. That sure helps.
If you were to give every human on Earth the amount of land needed to grow enough food for himself/herself and placed all these land plots together they wouldn't cover all of Texas and Oklahoma.

The USDA estimates that the food raising capacity of the Earth can support up to 35 Billion people. Yes, that's 35 Billion.

Should we have 35 Billion people on Earth? I don't think so. Especially if they are as vicious and as anthrophobic as the average "environmentalist". Can we find ways to impact the planet less? Sure. But that doesn't mean we have to make everyone live on hovels.

Right now we have the technology to eliminate fossil fuel power plants by replacing them with newer nuke plants that don't produce the waste like the old ones. We have the ability to scrub the atmosphere of undesirable hydrocarbons by using bio-tech, the same bio-tech used to consume oil spills. There are any number of things we could do, except for the fact that the true goal of the "environmental movement" is the same old-as-humanity goal of an enslaved population ruled over by a handful of hereditary psychopaths. This is why the only "acceptable" solutions for "environmentalists" are those which eliminate prosperity and kill off humans. I'll leave it to an expert to determine the mental state of someone who rabidly promotes his own enslavement.

Welcome to the Brave New World. Had your soma today yet?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:

Ah, yes. Since I said that I do not believe in Global Warming I am obviously against the environment. Not sure why you are being so pissy.

Yes, the population is out of control. What do you plan on doing about it? Are you going over to Africa, China, and India and douse them in radiation to make 'em sterile?

Or are you going to end medical advancements and eliminate health care so we can knock the average lifespan down to what it was at 1A.D.? Because I'm pretty damn sure the medical advancements have something to do with longer life spans...which results in more people. Because you used to have a HUGE family and watch 'em all die before they were 40.

I hope you aren't for Nationalize Healthcare, because if everyone gets medical coverage the life span average may increase leading to even more people.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Not sure why you are being so pissy.."

It's because you are a 'flat earther' ya dumbass! Get with the program! You are either with em or against em. Remember what the Libs didn't like about Bush? Same thing.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Ah, yes. Since I said that I do not believe in Global Warming I am obviously against the environment. Not sure why you are being so pissy.

Yes, the population is out of control. What do you plan on doing about it? Are you going over to Africa, China, and India and douse them in radiation to make 'em sterile?

Or are you going to end medical advancements and eliminate health care so we can knock the average lifespan down to what it was at 1A.D.? Because I'm pretty damn sure the medical advancements have something to do with longer life spans...which results in more people. Because you used to have a HUGE family and watch 'em all die before they were 40.

I hope you aren't for Nationalize Healthcare, because if everyone gets medical coverage the life span average may increase leading to even more people.
Remember you are dealing with religious dogma. Don't even think of doubting any of the required tenets of the environmental religion. You simply must believe and accept blindly or be declared a heretic. I too wish to entirely destroy the Earth because I reject a philosophy developed by a mentally ill ex-Vice President who flunked out of Divinity School. There is no middle ground allowed.

You may find this article interesting:

Lois Henry: Dodgy science strangles industry - Latest news | Bakersfield.com - Kern County news, events, shopping & search

We are expected to believe these environmentalists even when they are exposed publicly as liars and even though they have no data to support their draconian actions.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Facts and Fiction

Fact- the earth has been steadily cooling for two decades.
Fiction- the polar caps are melting.
Fact- the earth has warmed and cooled in cycles for ABOUT 10 MILLION years before we started keeping records
Fiction- Polar Bears are going extinct. Wrong- they actually have more bears now than in the 80's.
Fact- Warmer's believe that we can control climate change. This could fall under fiction, too. Fact is, that the earth (with the help of better stewardship) recycles itself. We certainly could keep it cleaner, but to say that man-made warming is the total cause of our problems is FICTION.
Fiction- All conservitives do not believe in Global Warming- We certainly believe that we can do a better job at taking care of things, but we DO NOT buy into the RELIGION of Global Warming.

I could go on, but you get the point. Warmers have NO indisputible science backing their claims. The use of "models" to project damage is a complete joke. The placement of weather gathering data in densely populated areas and at International airports will certainly give you false data- yet, they continue to use it. Even NASA said that the last decade of data retrieved at their sites would be incorrect. Meantime, the Warmers say that the "data" is actual and the models (designed and distributed by Warmers) are correct. Today I read a story about hurricaines and the fact that the fequency of occurance is actually going down. Mine you, they've been keeping steady records for only about 35 yrs and there's not enough data before the 70's be complete the picture, but if you look at the last 35yrs we've actually seen fewer storms on average than the year previous.

Here's the question. If we could produce gas on a scale that could supply the country using the same technology that is used for synthetic oils would that shut you guys up? To do that we would have to build production facilities. Would you be OK with that? Can we put solar cells on your buildings or wind farms in your neighborhoods to help use natual resources to power our lifestyles> Don't want any NIMBY's whining around here.
I have more questions for you Warmers out there, but before we go on I figured I'd start easy.