Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Oh, Mexico, guess I got to go now... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11047-oh-mexico-guess-i-got-go-now.html)

mscuddy 03-09-2009 08:18 PM

Oh, Mexico, guess I got to go now...

..so Rick Sieman went to his old casa in Rosarito to sell it to some guy, and turns out the house had been trashed, all the electrical wiring torn out of the walls, every switch plate and electrical outlet gone, windows missing or broken, rugs rolled up and carted away, stove & fridge stolen, every sink and bathtub stolen, doors missing, all the fixtures gone, jacuzzi stolen, etc..etc..a 3000 sq.ft. shack vs. the castle it once was. And this was in a nice neighborhood!

The sad part is, the guy buying it most likely had some of his buddies trash the house so he could get it for less money, no proof, but that's the way things work in Mexico now.

Twenty years ago, the wife and I had our honeymoon in San Felepie, doubt if we'll ever go back.

Ah Mexico, some of the best times we've had in Cabo, San Felepe and Cozumel. Never again.

Scary stuff now, beheadings and random kidnappings, no gringo is safe in his motorhome anymore. My nephew went into a store in Mexicali, came out and his Toyota 4x4 was gone. Had to go pick him up. It was like something out of the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, crooks eyeballing you to see what they could steal, with the cops looking the other way, or on the take to begin with.

I say buld a 18 foot cement wall topped with razor wire, and a 300 yard no mans land on this side of the border, covered with overlapping MkII .50's. Might not stop 'em, but sure as hell will slow 'em down some.

V2Rider 03-09-2009 08:29 PM

[quote=mscuddy;206792
I say buld a 18 foot cement wall topped with razor wire, and a 300 yard no mans land on this side of the border, covered with overlapping MkII .50's. Might not stop 'em, but sure as hell will slow 'em down some.[/QUOTE]

We could always go East German on them; Tank traps, multiple fences with shotgun devices that shoot the length of the fence when triggered and let's not forget the dogs that were fed every third or fourth day. Sounds like a plan to me.

BrowningBAR 03-09-2009 08:32 PM

...I hate Cabo.

Buzglyd 03-09-2009 08:47 PM

San Felipe on your honeymoon? How did you get away with that? Laughlin all full?

As one who has spent a good portion of my life traveling in Mexico for business and pleasure, I have to say I avoid it now as well. I've had wonderful experiences with the Mexican people in small towns and huge cities.

It's a shame the government, cops and drug cartels are all the same.

We're on our way to a massive centralized gov't like Mexico. You can predict what will happen next.

sarnali2 03-09-2009 09:39 PM

Never been there, not interested in going. Funny thing is we go to Lake Chelan every year in Eastern Washington, it's high desert, hot as hell, we sit around the pool or lake and drink Sauza and orange juice all day while our Latina housekeepers tidy up and the Latino gardeners prune the flowerbeds and manicure the lawn...

Why bother with border crossings, plane fares and money exchanges..just drive for three or four hours and we're there LOL

Dr_Sprocket 03-10-2009 03:05 AM

We were planning to go down there for vaca this year. We'll have to rethink that one. Mexico is so far behind the US. Kinda sounds like the mafia days are back.

The_AirHawk 03-10-2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 206803)
We were planning to go down there for vaca this year. We'll have to rethink that one. Mexico is so far behind the US. Kinda sounds like the mafia days are back.

I hear Baghdad is nice this time of year............

pplassm 03-10-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 206804)
I hear Baghdad is nice this time of year............

I'll bet it's safer than Mexico right now.

longride 03-10-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 206805)

It's actually safer than Chicago.

seruzawa 03-10-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 206805)

I don't know about Baghdad but I know a guy who travels to Damascus on business occasionally. He says it's probably one of the safest cities in the world. Riyadh too.

When you chop the hands off of thieves it does have that sort of effect.