Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Anyone Experiencing Problems With the Forum? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/11040-anyone-experiencing-problems-forum.html)

BrowningBAR 03-09-2009 01:34 PM

Anyone Experiencing Problems With the Forum?

List any problems you may have with the forum here.

acecycleins 03-09-2009 01:56 PM

My biggest problem isn't within the forum. It's the layout of the first page. It's not bad. It's just sooooooooooooooo busy that you can't define what's goiing on. Your Headline and Latest news should stay at the top, the Latest should be directly below it. The research, classifieds and babes should be lower on the page. Personally, I liked the BIG across the page Headline Story. The way it is now takes away from it's presents.

As for the forum- delete the sections getting little to no use. Like: Make the classifieds one group. Let the threads filter the rest. You can remove the Babes forum and the MO Tech section (if their too stupid to work a forum we don't need them as participants). You can combine the Learning to ride and Advanced Riding. Otherwise, leave the rest alone.

There's my 1.29 cents worth.

pplassm 03-09-2009 02:06 PM

It loads really slow. Waaaaay too much going on. It's especially slow here at work, where we have legions of net-nazis and firewalls.

Too many sub-forums. Consolidate.

Kenneth_Moore 03-09-2009 02:20 PM

I think a lot of the posts are stupid. Especially mine. And right-wing stuff, way too much of that. Limit the right wing rants to no more than 3 a week. And get more liberal Democrats posting, I'm lonely. We only have one regular female contributor, and she's gay. What the hell good is that? I'm never going to get laid around here unless I switch teams. Y'all have a lot of work to do.

SmokeU 03-09-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 206736)
I think a lot of the posts are stupid. Especially mine. And right-wing stuff, way too much of that. Limit the right wing rants to no more than 3 a week. And get more liberal Democrats posting, I'm lonely. We only have one regular female contributor, and she's gay. What the hell good is that? I'm never going to get laid around here unless I switch teams. Y'all have a lot of work to do.

Those sound like personal problems and not forum problems, Kenny. ;)

BrowningBAR 03-09-2009 02:29 PM

Um...I was referring to technical difficulties.

BrowningBAR 03-09-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Ken, here are my solutions:

1. There are no stupid posts, just stupid people...mostly named Kenneth.
2. You can get your fill of liberal peachiness here: Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post
3. Sachi hasn't been around in weeks.
4. In regards to your dating woes, the only solutions I feel would be appropriate for a fine, upstanding gentleman, such as yourself would be these solutions:
Ladies of the Pen Lonely Female inmates looking for Love, Marriage, and pen pals.
Women Behind Bars Hosting free web pages for ladies in prison. These female prisoners are looking for love, marriage, penpals, and a good solid relationship with men and women in the free world.
INMATECONNECTIONS.com® Prison Pen Pals
Women / Men / Female Inmates / Male Inmates/ Prisoners Looking for Pen Pals, Lovers and Friends

Buzglyd 03-09-2009 02:49 PM

My biggest problem is that most of the posters are total jerks. Other than that:

1) It's really hard to follow threads once they get more than 50 posts or so. I just give up. Sometimes I hit on the little button to go to the last post and it will just take me to the top of the forum.

2) You can click "more posts beneath current depth" until you're insane and still not get to view what you want to read.

Thank goodness you're all jerks or else I'd REALLY be annoyed.

Kenneth_Moore 03-09-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 206740)
Um...I was referring to technical difficulties.

Oh. Never mind.

seruzawa 03-09-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

I think a lot of the posts are stupid.

Ummmm..... Kenny? This is a MOTORCYCLE site.