Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Whoa, there! Guns aren't registered?! I've seen the cop and law shows (CSI, etc) and they always check the gun database to make sure it is registered. Even the suspects always state that the gun was registered.

So, based on TV, all guns are already registered.
Yeah.That always makes me laugh on CSI when they check to see if Nevada residents' guns are registered. LOL! Who writes those screenplays?

For that matter I've yet to see a case where their eventual evidence discovery would ever get a conviction if the perps had the brains to just KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. Same with L&O:CI.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Whoa, there! Guns aren't registered?! I've seen the cop and law shows (CSI, etc) and they always check the gun database to make sure it is registered. Even the suspects always state that the gun was registered.

So, based on TV, all guns are already registered.
And if the perp shoots his load on something he's as good as arrested.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
I found a couple handguns at a price that's too good to pass up. Unfortunately in the great state of Minnesota one needs to get a permit to even purchase a handgun. Yay!
Ah, the good old days when I wouldn't think twice about buying 2, 3, or even 4 firearms in a week.

You have two choices:
1. Move to a state with less f**ked up gun laws.
2. Suck it up and get the permit.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Ah, the good old days when I wouldn't think twice about buying 2, 3, or even 4 firearms in a week.

You have two choices:
1. Move to a state with less f**ked up gun laws.
2. Suck it up and get the permit.
3. Buy from Vinny or Moe in the back-alley of the local Piggly-Wiggly..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
For that matter I've yet to see a case where their eventual evidence discovery would ever get a conviction if the perps had the brains to just KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. Same with L&O:CI.
Eh, think Perry Mason. Every one of Perry Mason's episodes ended with the perp breaking down on the stand even though it looked like Mason was grasping at straws.

And, as to who writes them, it's LA tards that think guns should be banned or believe guns ARE registered. I had someone come up to me all freaked out back in 2001 and was worried about "what if". He was a good guy, but very liberal (in the political sense). He wanted to know all the steps he had to take in order to get a gun. I told him he needed to 1. go to the gun store and 2. pick out a gun.

He said that he "knew that" but "how do you do get the gun registered? How do you let people know you own a legal firearm?"

I sarcastically told him the easiest way to let everyone know you own a firearm is to open carry.

He never bought one. His wife was scared stiff of them. Me and him went to a Hockey game once and he was planning on driving. As they only had one car and a new born child I thought it would be smart to leave my keys with his wife in case something happened to the child or some other unforeseen event. As I handed her the keys I mentioned that there was a handgun in the glove box. She completely freaked out and said she didn’t want the keys. I said if it worries you to drive with a gun in the car I can always take the gun out of the car and leave it in their garage. She was still freaked out and I asked why. She responded with “What if I started shooting people?!”

I started to ask why the hell she would do such a thing and then I realize I shouldn’t leave my gun with a crazed loon so we took my truck to the Hockey game.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
3. Buy from Vinny or Moe in the back-alley of the local Piggly-Wiggly..........
You'll get an overpriced piece of crap if you do that.

Gun Show. Private Seller.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
And if the perp shoots his load on something he's as good as arrested.
Remember to shave all of your body hair.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Eh, think Perry Mason. Every one of Perry Mason's episodes ended with the perp breaking down on the stand even though it looked like Mason was grasping at straws.

And, as to who writes them, it's LA tards that think guns should be banned or believe guns ARE registered. I had someone come up to me all freaked out back in 2001 and was worried about "what if". He was a good guy, but very liberal (in the political sense). He wanted to know all the steps he had to take in order to get a gun. I told him he needed to 1. go to the gun store and 2. pick out a gun.

He said that he "knew that" but "how do you do get the gun registered? How do you let people know you own a legal firearm?"

I sarcastically told him the easiest way to let everyone know you own a firearm is to open carry.

He never bought one. His wife was scared stiff of them. Me and him went to a Hockey game once and he was planning on driving. As they only had one car and a new born child I thought it would be smart to leave my keys with his wife in case something happened to the child or some other unforeseen event. As I handed her the keys I mentioned that there was a handgun in the glove box. She completely freaked out and said she didn’t want the keys. I said if it worries you to drive with a gun in the car I can always take the gun out of the car and leave it in their garage. She was still freaked out and I asked why. She responded with “What if I started shooting people?!”

I started to ask why the hell she would do such a thing and then I realize I shouldn’t leave my gun with a crazed loon so we took my truck to the Hockey game.
And there we have the crux of the matter. The libs are afraid of their own lack of control, not ours. They project their crazy intentions on others.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
And that was for the Best. If you HAD left it with her, and she HAD gone crazy and killed every-other housewife on her block, you DO realize "whose fault" that would be, right? (hint: "Not Hers")
Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
You'll get an overpriced piece of crap if you do that.
Hey! The best $10 Rifle I ever bought, I got that way!

Granted, it was a bit beat-up, dirty, and blood-splattered - but once cleaned up it shot really well!