Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Which leave what? The Bull Moose party? I would much rather live under a rightist faschist state than a leftist. At least there are rules under the rightist. Anything goes under a leftist, see Venezuela. And under a rightist state we all get assault weapons! (that are used in about .01% of gun related crimes btw).

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
He was already looking like a professional contortionist in his attempts to justify Zero's perfidy in breaking every single campaign promise in the first month. God only knows how Ken is going to make excuses for his Messiah now.
I was wrong about the guns. I didn't expect he's pursue this. I lose the bet. George, pm your address and I'll send the Shoei. You'll like it, it has Harley-Davidson stickers.

I wasn't contorting anything. Anyone who could read without moving their lips could see right from the start that my point was: I didn't think Obama would pick a fight on guns. All the rest of the blather was missing that simple point.

BTW, I don't have a Messiah, I believe in God but I don't mix my religion with politics. If I did, I'd move to Saudi Arabia. And I don't intend to make excuses for Obama. In spite of his taking on this issue on guns that I don't agree with, I still think he's infinitely better than Bush, and substantially better than McPalin would have been.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 02-26-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

"Assult weapons" are over rated anyway. fine for distance but in a home defence scenario your best bet is going to be a short barrelled 12 gauge pump. The clack-clack of a round going in the chamber will put the fear of God into any sane human being.

Couple of years ago one of my old runnin' mates got cut down by a shotgun, he was a patchholder big into crank so I suppose that's the way it crumbles, still a f'n mess for his family to clean up.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 02-26-2009 at 07:56 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
"Assult weapons" are over rated anyway. fine for distance but in a home defence scenario your best bet is going to be a short barrelled 12 gauge pump. The clack-clack of a round going in the chamber will put the fear of God into any sane human being.
Winchester Model 1200 "Defender" Police Model - holds 7 in the tube, one in the chamber........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well the time tested Ithica (a re-hashed Mod-10 Remington) has 8 in the tube (2&3/4 inch shells) and one down the pipe, loads and ejects through the bottom of the receiver. Still, if you're not careful it will jam up and get one stuck in that damn flapper. I prefer my Mod 15 Eastfield S&W Riot pump 3" mag. Only holds six, but that's all you need when shooting 3" WW XXX Mag.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Whether they are good for home defense is not the point.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So I'm checking in late on this one, I told you guys that Obamalama would find plenty of time. This is just the beginning. Ken, you don't owe me anything. Just get up to Daytona and we will have a beer! Get yer guns now while the getting is good! Why do you think everyone ran to the gun stores after 'The Messiah' was elected?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Legislation in America to help the goings-on in Mehjico....that, um, makes sense? Anyway, wasn't the AWB legislation a pile of crap anyway? From what I remember it named a list of several features, a certain combination of which were not allowed on any one model. Wasn't this easily subverted by the manufacturers? Some of you guys know more about this than I do. Oh well, as long as the Pols look "busy."
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
Legislation in America to help the goings-on in Mehjico....that, um, makes sense? Anyway, wasn't the AWB legislation a pile of crap anyway? From what I remember it named a list of several features, a certain combination of which were not allowed on any one model. Wasn't this easily subverted by the manufacturers? Some of you guys know more about this than I do. Oh well, as long as the Pols look "busy."
If the abundance of "assault weapons" in the US was causing all this violence in Mexico why then isn't there all this violence in the US too? These gun grabber types are stupid, at best.

It's so boring anyhow. Is this all these liberals can think of? It's been over a decade since the Rats ran the show and all they can think of is the same stupid worthless policies that failed the last 500 times they were tried.

Truly, the Democrats are just plain stupid. Unimaginative. And boring really. But first and last stupid. I can't decide if Hillary, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Franks or Obama is the stupidest.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If the abundance of "assault weapons" in the US was causing all this violence in Mexico why then isn't there all this violence in the US too? These gun grabber types are stupid, at best.

It's so boring anyhow. Is this all these liberals can think of? It's been over a decade since the Rats ran the show and all they can think of is the same stupid worthless policies that failed the last 500 times they were tried.

Truly, the Democrats are just plain stupid. Unimaginative. And boring really. But first and last stupid. I can't decide if Hillary, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Franks or Obama is the stupidest.
Is a Californian, I vote for Pelosi. She's dumber than dirt. Dangerously stupid. The others are just dangerous.

Well ok, Biden makes Bush look like Enstein.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote