Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dang! Wish I could get that!

Full retirement at 48.

Paul Ingrassia Says Taxpayers Shouldn't Have to Subsidize GM's Deal With the UAW - WSJ.com

Interesting article on the disaster that is Detroit. All the bailout money is doing is keeping this train wreck from happening this month. After 30 billion Detroit will be in the same boat with another 30 billion of debt.

Why are the taxpayers on the hook for these idiocies? Simple. The Unions gave nearly a billion dollars to the Rats. The Rats are now selling debt to the Chinese that your grandchildren will have to pay so that a special elitist class of "workers" can get free medical and 100% retirements for life. Such a deal!

The irony is that the UAW members overwhelmingly support the Rats' "Tax the rich" class warfare politics. The only reason that Detroit stays in business at all is because the wealthy still buy a lot of expensive cars from Detroit. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Bailouts was a rotten idea from the start, and I was first in line to say so. Obamalama is saying we all have to pay for the housing crisis? Why? Let those that screwed the system pay. I don't want to pay because I'm not an idiot. Sorry I can't get on board.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
SmokeU
Registered Member

And that $400 and $800 we're getting back is over the course of a year, not a stimulus check like last time. Oooooo....$13 bucks a week is going to *save* us all!!

Soooo...buying a house last year I have to pay back the $7500 tax credit BUT if I waited this year I could have gotten $8000 and would NOT have to pay it back. That's good for business.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I know that 13 bucks a week is going to put me over the top. I figure that is one classy lunch a week I can afford. Nice.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I know that 13 bucks a week is going to put me over the top. I figure that is one classy lunch a week I can afford. Nice.

A year or two ago the Minnesota Congress voted themselves a $97 per diem up from $30 something. Now there's a $7 billion deficit or something. Well duh!!
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

the whole bail out issue is a crock of shiite from banks to housing to auto makers to Harley's Eaglmark Bank.

If these guys fail because of greed, and greed is the bottom line here, then phuck 'em. I've made some stupid financial decisions and I've paid the price as have we all I'm sure, learn the lesson and move on. There sure as hell wasn't anyone around to hold my hand when I stepped in it. If these "proffessionals" were stupid enough to hand out money, credit cards and loans to people who clearly didn't or couldn't understand the concept then why should we take a fall for them. They sh*t their nest, let them lay in it.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Change we can believe in! Tax cheating cronies, payoffs to big Dem donors, more debt in one bill than W piled on in an entire term, and we're also sending more troops to the middle east.

The Dali Obama supporters are mighty quiet these days and he's only been in office a month!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Oh c'mon, Kenny says Obamalama is the is just the best. He's going to pi$$ away a trillion dollars faster than you can blink, and we all get to pay for it. I'll take a war any time any day.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I'm moving to France! Get me ona dem 2CV's with hand controls and I'm set. And they have free medicine an everythang! Load up the truck mama, we're drivin' ta France! Jest don't roll down the windows....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

France, hmmm Le Man and Magn corut, sorry it's a bad time nad I dont' feel inclined to correct my spelling. Ship time is 0330 and in the wrong direction. I' ve been considering retirement overseas. Let me know before you go. Yer one of the more cogent ones and I believe you could school me a bit. Ahh the sea she may be unforgiving, but the sky she's a mother ****er, some day over a glass of our favorites I'll explain, this is a Navy forum after all. I hope you all enjoyed your f'n ice cream.