Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
We should never have bailed them out. All it does at best is prolong the misery. However, since the government has decided to socialize the financial industry, they might as well go all the way.
Ken, you're the only Dem I know that actually pays his taxes. Aren't you?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
We should never have bailed them out. All it does at best is prolong the misery. However, since the government has decided to socialize the financial industry, they might as well go all the way.
Banks, Auto Industry, SChip- soon to be all inclusive and so we march loyally toward the end. Atlas Shruggued is our reality, huh?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"We should never have bailed them out."

I agree. No bailouts for anybody. Let the shyt hit the fan and it will all sort itself out. The 'Gov' just pi$$es away money in the meantime.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Ken, you're the only Dem I know that actually pays his taxes. Aren't you?
Yes, I'm an absolute idiot with finances. I pay my taxes, I buy stuff the day before it goes on sale or the day after, I refuse to fight with car dealers over $10 a month on a car payment.

However, in one of the most brilliant financial schemes in history, I managed to spend every last dime of the hundreds of thousands I made during the "dot com" boom, and didn't lose one stinking penny when the market crashed. Heh heh heh.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
they might as well go all the way.
No, they shouldn't.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Yes, BOA spent $10,000,000 on Super Bowl fun for their execs and guests. I'm going to find a bank that didn't need a bailout and put my money with them. If BOA can't be profitable with all the frikin fees and crap they charge, they are hopeless.

As for capping the salaries, if the banks get our tax dollars, why the hell wouldn't you want some sort of oversight? I think they should audit the living **** out of all of them once they take tax money and fine them double for every dollar of tax money that went into bonuses, jets, executive retreats, etc. These ****ers have been running rampant in greed and excess for decades. They couldn't even manage to stay afloat, so now somebody has to first wipe their ass and then kick it.
You ever heard of the camel's nose in the tent?

This is how it happens. Set the fascist precedent by going after those that people already hate. Continue from there.

We really should be smart enough to know the outcome by now.

On the other hand if you confiscated all those bonuses that people are so exercised about it would run the US Govt for about an hour.

And when it comes down to it no one is more greedy than a politician.
Why does the most greedy organization of all, the govt. get away with it? Why are people so willing to trust the least trustworthy individuals... politicians?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
shrtcakelace
Registered Member

Yes I am aware of what lead to the down fall of these companies. The question that you did not answer is if the salary cap is going to be imposed why should these companies be excluded? I wasn't saying that I agreed or disagreed with the cap I was just asking. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers I just posed a question.

P.S. MyCongresswoman Marcy Kaptur voted against the bailout.
shrtcakelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrtcakelace View Post
Yes I am aware of what lead to the down fall of these companies. The question that you did not answer is if the salary cap is going to be imposed why should these companies be excluded? I wasn't saying that I agreed or disagreed with the cap I was just asking. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers I just posed a question.

Well good for common sense with Marcy. I don't believe that any company should be subject to gummit oversight on pay. That's why these companies have Boards of Directors. They chose the pay scale based on standards that they deem acceptable. Ken will disagree right here, but fact is that no one outside the of the company itself should dictate salary or bonus structure.
No feathers were ruffled in this or any other response. I tend to write "short" sometimes because these guys don't take there ADD meds every day.
Hell, girl you have just scratched the surface. If you can hang in this thread (forum) and are half as smart as Sachi then you'll hold your own just fine.

It gets weird around this site from time to time, but mostly we all get along just fine. Well, except LR, Moke, Ken, Buz - nah, just kidding. Just don't bring up GMP.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #19
shrtcakelace
Registered Member

I agree with you that no one outside of the company should dictate salaries. If the government starts doing that where will they stop??
shrtcakelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrtcakelace View Post

Here is the main thing to remember when posting her. You will not ruffle any feathers. But, we are a salty bunch of opinionated bastards (that includes you Sachi! you can substitute bastard with whatever you feel is appropriate) and are usually more than willing to share our opinion. Repeatedly. Nonstop. To the point that the horse is no longer recognizable.

Keep your skin thick, your sarcasm turned to 11, and take everything with a grain of salt.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote