Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Safety (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/10599-safety.html)

longride 02-04-2009 05:36 AM

Safety

This is what safety is all about. Getting money in the state coffers.

General News - Cash-strapped states mull seat belt law changes

Can you believe this crap?

SmokeU 02-04-2009 06:45 AM

A Federal helmet/arm chap law can't be too far behind.

pplassm 02-04-2009 06:46 AM

Here. My wallet. Just take it, OK, and LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

seruzawa 02-04-2009 07:36 AM

The idea that pay cuts, benefit reductions and layoffs are required, just like any other organization, never crosses the minds of our bureaucratic overseers.

Shut up slaves. Pay your taxes. Allow your grandmother's home to be reposessed. All so that a bunch of low IQ lazy timeservers can have nice govt paychecks and early retirements.

Fools.

pushrod 02-04-2009 07:49 AM

Florida already has the Seat Belt law in place.

However, effective a couple of days ago, they've jacked up the amount of traffic fines, and abolished the 'driving school discount'.

By the way, my ride in to work this morning was rather 'air-ish!' It was 32 degrees! Wow! Fortunately my commute is only 6 miles!

Kenneth_Moore 02-04-2009 09:32 AM

pushrod beat me to it. But what he may not know, not being ancient like me, is that when they passed the first FL seat-belt law, THEY SWORE it would NEVER BE A PRIMARY OFFENSE. "We might give you a ticket if we pull you over for something else..." That lasted less than a decade.

About the ticket fines: if you going 14 mph + over the limit, the base fine is $300!!! That is a weeks pay for a lot of people! And of course if it's one of those "Speeding Fines Doubled When Mexicans Present" areas, then you're really in trouble. Can't pay it? Jail time. Un****ingbelievable.

seruzawa 02-04-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 203498)
pushrod beat me to it. But what he may not know, not being ancient like me, is that when they passed the first FL seat-belt law, THEY SWORE it would NEVER BE A PRIMARY OFFENSE. "We might give you a ticket if we pull you over for something else..." That lasted less than a decade.

About the ticket fines: if you going 14 mph + over the limit, the base fine is $300!!! That is a weeks pay for a lot of people! And of course if it's one of those "Speeding Fines Doubled When Mexicans Present" areas, then you're really in trouble. Can't pay it? Jail time. Un****ingbelievable.

Shut up and pay, slave. The apparatchiks need funding for their dachas.

sarnali2 02-04-2009 09:49 AM

I'm waiting for some gumby to try tying highway funds to a mandatory national 55 again.

"it'll save lives AND fuel"

'

Dr_Sprocket 02-04-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 203468)
Can you believe this crap?

Yes, I can. We've had this here in Delaware for years. Welcome to the club!