Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The Prez and Ozone Al doing their best to warm things up! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/10539-prez-ozone-al-doing-their-best-warm-things-up.html)

Buzglyd 01-29-2009 03:53 PM

The Prez and Ozone Al doing their best to warm things up!

I guess the rest of us are going to have to sacrifice so these guys are comfortable.

Power Line - A Hypocrite? Moi, Barack?

BrowningBAR 01-29-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 202913)
I guess the rest of us are going to have to sacrifice so these guys are comfortable.

Power Line - A Hypocrite? Moi, Barack?

All hail The Goracle. The Goracle is wise. The Goracle knows all.

seruzawa 01-29-2009 06:35 PM

SSDC

Same Shyt, Different Century.

Note: Doomcryers have been getting rich and powerful with messages of doom for thousands of years. Why would it stop now?

The Goracle got a C in science. This means that you shouldn't pursue it as a profession.

Buzglyd 01-29-2009 06:53 PM

Of course the mind-numbed masses can't be stopped now. I just heard a commercial on the radio from Flex your power dot org which is part of the local utility.

We need to buy energy efficient heaters now (in So Cal) and the background conversations in the commercial had people saying things like, "I want our children to never experience drought or heat again."

Are you freakin' kidding me??????

My son's school just started a green program where the kids are awarded points. It's all part of taking care of The Planet and Mother Earth and all this buzzword crap.

Doin good ain't got no end- from the Outlaw Josey Wales

seruzawa 01-29-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 202928)
Of course the mind-numbed masses can't be stopped now. I just heard a commercial on the radio from Flex your power dot org which is part of the local utility.

We need to buy energy efficient heaters now (in So Cal) and the background conversations in the commercial had people saying things like, "I want our children to never experience drought or heat again."

Are you freakin' kidding me??????

My son's school just started a green program where the kids are awarded points. It's all part of taking care of The Planet and Mother Earth and all this buzzword crap.

Doin good ain't got no end- from the Outlaw Josey Wales

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

12er 01-29-2009 07:07 PM

Whoo hoo, support the economy, BUY new stuff! This will save you money by spending it!!! Sale, 50% off!! Buy a new Prius to save the planet, yet that 25k will buy a ton of gas. Nevermind the toxins created in making the batteries, the millions of gallons of bunker oil to ship them over seas, its Green Baby yeah!

longride 01-29-2009 07:29 PM

"Are you freakin' kidding me??????"

No Buz, they ain't freakin kidding you. You only wish they were.

BrowningBAR 01-29-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 202929)
Whoo hoo, support the economy, BUY new stuff! This will save you money by spending it!!! Sale, 50% off!! Buy a new Prius to save the planet, yet that 25k will buy a ton of gas. Nevermind the toxins created in making the batteries, the millions of gallons of bunker oil to ship them over seas, its Green Baby yeah!

I loved the Prius And The Hummer story. Was it accurate? Don't know. Did I enjoy reading it? Yes I did.

longride 01-30-2009 05:13 AM

Here is a question for anyone that can answer it: Why is it when we get a hurricane or a heat wave Algore and all the talking heads hit the airwaves to trumpet proof positive that 'global warming' is real, yet when we get a brutal extended cold snap or a horrible winter storm in areas that don't get winter, we never hear from those same idiots? Chicago has already set a record for the most recorded days of measurable snow, and there is at least a month and a half of winter left. How did that happen with 'global warming'? Anyone?

SmokeU 01-30-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 202947)
Here is a question for anyone that can answer it: Why is it when we get a hurricane or a heat wave Algore and all the talking heads hit the airwaves to trumpet proof positive that 'global warming' is real, yet when we get a brutal extended cold snap or a horrible winter storm in areas that don't get winter, we never hear from those same idiots? Chicago has already set a record for the most recorded days of measurable snow, and there is at least a month and a half of winter left. How did that happen with 'global warming'? Anyone?

This is the first time in 30 years January in Minnesota has not been above freezing at least one day.