Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
This is the first time in 30 years January in Minnesota has not been above freezing at least one day.

But just think how cold it would have been if not for 'global warming'!!!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Here is a question for anyone that can answer it: Why is it when we get a hurricane or a heat wave Algore and all the talking heads hit the airwaves to trumpet proof positive that 'global warming' is real, yet when we get a brutal extended cold snap or a horrible winter storm in areas that don't get winter, we never hear from those same idiots? Chicago has already set a record for the most recorded days of measurable snow, and there is at least a month and a half of winter left. How did that happen with 'global warming'? Anyone?
Careful LR. Those opinions might get you put into a re-eduction facility pretty soon. GW proponents have already recommended jail and executions for people like you.

Plus if there's the slightest chance that GW might be true then we must act now! Begin eliminating all the "excess" population by withholding food to designated areas. Gas guzzling vehicles must be confiscated and homes must have radio controlled thermostats that the govt controls. Citizens of the G-7 nations must be forced to pay a 10% surtax to the UN to fund a new UN agency that will have total power to order any action it feels necessary anywhere in the world to combat GW. GW is the result of too much freedom for humans. Freedom must be subordinated to the "good of society" as determined by unelected college professors and appointed bureaucrats.

Note: All these solutions are been major proposals of the GW fanatics.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
SmokeU
Registered Member
 
SmokeU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pet****...pet****...pet****
Posts: 1,864
Default

Why not outlaw the production of home air conditioner units. That would save power and raw materials.

Course I better not say that too loud or it will happen.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Why not outlaw the production of home air conditioner units. That would save power and raw materials.

Course I better not say that too loud or it will happen.
Funny you should say that:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ..." -Obama-Lama

Of course Obama-Lama has the WH thermostat set at 72 degrees. Typical liberal hypocrite. Of course, that's redundant. Only need to say 'liberal'. Soon we'll be saying "national socialist" instead.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #15
SmokeU
Registered Member
 
SmokeU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pet****...pet****...pet****
Posts: 1,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Funny you should say that:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ..." -Obama-Lama

Of course Obama-Lama has the WH thermostat set at 72 degrees. Typical liberal hypocrite. Of course, that's redundant. Only need to say 'liberal'. Soon we'll be saying "national socialist" instead.

Well WTF!! I think the Gubmint needs to get fixed before they try to "fix" everyone else's problems.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

"Don't be stupid be a smarty, come and join the nazi party"!

We've had a great deal of snow here in the Puget Sound basin as well, ice storms, then major flooding when it all started melting. There's been close to a dozen people killed in avalanches so far, When it warms up in the spring we'll have more flooding as the mountain snow pack melts. At this rate GW will have us all living in igloos before long
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Here is a question for anyone that can answer it: Why is it when we get a hurricane or a heat wave Algore and all the talking heads hit the airwaves to trumpet proof positive that 'global warming' is real, yet when we get a brutal extended cold snap or a horrible winter storm in areas that don't get winter, we never hear from those same idiots? Chicago has already set a record for the most recorded days of measurable snow, and there is at least a month and a half of winter left. How did that happen with 'global warming'? Anyone?
This is where you are wrong. I have read several articles that point out that the below average temperatures and above average snow levels are proof that the earth is warming and that Climate Change is, in fact, speeding up.

I don't agree with that, but I have read several (at least 6) articles mentioning this.

All Praise the Goracle.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
This is where you are wrong. I have read several articles that point out that the below average temperatures and above average snow levels are proof that the earth is warming and that Climate Change is, in fact, speeding up.

I don't agree with that, but I have read several (at least 6) articles mentioning this.

All Praise the Goracle.
Ya gotta admit. It's a real coup. No matter what the weather does now we get nazified anyhow. Warmer? GW! Colder GW! Same? GW!

Cool.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default PrezBO gives a big F U to achievers

Obama touts middle-class task force led by Biden - Yahoo! News

Once again throwing the small business man under the bus and telling corporate America how to run their businesses.

All "FOR CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN". Ken, buddy, pal, customer- PrezBO is going to turn this country into a Democratic Socialist government before the end of his fisrt year in office. I truly didn't think he could move this agenda sooooooo d@mn fast, but his over achieving power to destroy our capitalistic society is moving at mach speed.

Watch your jobs, houses, kids and the family pet- nothing is safe.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
This is where you are wrong. I have read several articles that point out that the below average temperatures and above average snow levels are proof that the earth is warming and that Climate Change is, in fact, speeding up.

I don't agree with that, but I have read several (at least 6) articles mentioning this.

All Praise the Goracle.

I've read that too, cool areas get cooler, hot areas get hotter etc....Doesn't sound too much like Climate Change, only normal variations in global weather patterns. No money in predicting that though eh?
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off