Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Maybe we are all gonna die. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/10513-maybe-we-all-gonna-die.html)

seruzawa 01-27-2009 10:41 AM

Maybe we are all gonna die.

But not in the way the GW nuts say.

Ice in Canada's St. Lawrence River traps ships carrying 500, including icebreaker

Does anyone know if Algore has been in Canada lately?

sfcdjevans 01-27-2009 04:42 PM

Just listened to this on the CBC. Sounds like they had a party. Canadians, eh.

sarnali2 01-27-2009 05:23 PM

Well it ain't global warming that'll git us, it's a 'nuther durn Ice Age I tell ya'...10,000 years from now they'll be lookin' at our ass's in a museum sayin' "sez right here this one was found with 1/2 a Big Mac in his hand, like he just keeled over froze stiff in the middle o' lunch or somethin'"...

better git yer long-handles out..

Dr_Sprocket 01-27-2009 05:40 PM

Say it ain't so! I'm going to go bury my head in the sand now.

The_AirHawk 01-27-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 202623)
Say it ain't so! I'm going to go bury my head in the sand now.

Snow, that's "bury your head in the SNOW now............"

longride 01-28-2009 04:27 AM

Head in the sand is so 90's. It's 'climate change' now, not 'global warming'. Some people just can't keep up.

acecycleins 01-28-2009 05:37 AM

LR- the Earth will have to cool for the next two decades to get the "warmers" to shut up. Not that cooling temps for the last decade have helped convence people that "climate change" is a scam. Ask Ken. He's a believer. Love ya like a red-headed step-brother, Ken. But when you take a group of scientist and decades of man-made computer models to produce science it's not science. Science is the art of discovery not the art of fabrication.
Until someone comes up with "actual" science that I can believe in I will be a sceptic. The whole theory that the oceans will rise if ice melts at the caps is an absolute joke. Put water and ice in a glass and let the ice melt. Did the water rise? Not just no, but hell no! Our planet heats and cools itself dependent on the Sun. If the Sun is hotter then odds are pretty good that the Earth would be hotter, too. The Sun cools and guess what happens.
This past year a group of explorers were doing their science thing in the Hymalia's because they were concerned about the melting snow and exposure of the mountain tops. Guess what they found- A MINE! Really. An actual mine with tools. They figure that the mine dates back some 400+ years. Why's it so important for that snow to be there then. It's suddendly obvious that there wasn't always snow on the peaks year around, but if you listen to the "warmers" you'd think that the area was some pristine untouched haven. We were wrong. The freaking Vikings and Huns were there mining for metals long before the ice compacted. Is that "climate change"?
It's a shame that we're trying to sell this crap science to our kids. Why don't we just teach them that we have learned to be more respectful of the things we do with our waste products vs what we grew up learning? We'd be teaching them that our garbage can be used for future products saving resources that originally produced them. Instead we scare our kids into thinking that the Earth is in peril because of this or that. OwlGore (inventor of the internet) and his celeberty friends are nothing more than a paid lobbiest for the "warmers". Bring on the ACTUAL science (no computer models) and then try to convence me. Once I see that then maybe I will change my mind. Until then I will keep my position.

longride 01-28-2009 05:51 AM

Your position is as safe as a baby in its mother's arms. There are a few things I learned growing up in Chicago, and one of them is when I'm being sold a rotten bill of goods. Scammers are dime a dozen here, and I can smell one from the get-go. The 'Global Warming' scam smelled bad right from the start, and has gotten worse since. Algores book and video reminded me of a typical Cecil B. DeMille overblown production that was as corny and untruthful as it was grandeous and pompous. Those CBD productions might be fun to watch, but just don't go home believing Moses parted the Red Sea by waving his staff, and don't believe it when Algore says the oceans will rise 20 feet, and we will all die of heat exhaustion. He used the old Nazi trick of telling a lie loud enough and often enough until it becomes the truth........but it's still a lie. Back in those days junk science was used to prove that Jews were inferior, and now junk science is used to prove the Earth is melting. I find it funny that 'climate change' is now the new buzz phrase for the uninformed, now that we had 10 years of cooling. It just baffles me how people could fall for this crap. On the other hand, people fell for 'Hope' and 'Change' instead of real solutions or ideas too, so I really shouldn't be suprised.

I'm listening hard, but can't hear Algore today:

ttp://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090127/Winter.Storm/

seruzawa 01-28-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 202642)
Your position is as safe as a baby in its mother's arms. There are a few things I learned growing up in Chicago, and one of them is when I'm being sold a rotten bill of goods. Scammers are dime a dozen here, and I can smell one from the get-go. The 'Global Warming' scam smelled bad right from the start, and has gotten worse since. Algores book and video reminded me of a typical Cecil B. DeMille overblown production that was as corny and untruthful as it was grandeous and pompous. Those CBD productions might be fun to watch, but just don't go home believing Moses parted the Red Sea by waving his staff, and don't believe it when Algore says the oceans will rise 20 feet, and we will all die of heat exhaustion. He used the old Nazi trick of telling a lie loud enough and often enough until it becomes the truth........but it's still a lie. Back in those days junk science was used to prove that Jews were inferior, and now junk science is used to prove the Earth is melting. I find it funny that 'climate change' is now the new buzz phrase for the uninformed, now that we had 10 years of cooling. It just baffles me how people could fall for this crap. On the other hand, people fell for 'Hope' and 'Change' instead of real solutions or ideas too, so I really shouldn't be suprised.

I'm listening hard, but can't hear Algore today:

ttp://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090127/Winter.Storm/

Heh heh. On another front It's only been a week, but the fraud is there to see. Zero's "stimulus package" is nothing more than a load of payoffs for his hacks. $4 billion for ACORN, for example. Oh yeah, he is going to refund social security taxes. Right. As if social security isn't in enough trouble. Half the "stimulus" money doesn't get spent for two years.

Well I guess it is stimulus in a way... a whole lot of Rats get to stimulate their off shore accounts. LOL!

longride 01-28-2009 09:47 AM

All that changed in the White House was that Bush's cronies got replaced with Clinton's cronies. Should be a fun ride.