Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #41
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
This is the lounge, dude! Those who can't take the heat should stay out of the kitchen. And they should also bring a big shovel. Hip waders recommended.
I agree. MoFo's are like manure spreaders.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #42
12er
Founding Member

Fun stuff, Gov welfare wont help, nor will deregulation returning us to the industrial revolution era business practaces. Somebody is always going to take advanatage one way or another, its the American Way. Yep, wanted GM to fail, simply to topple the golden parachute croud, but a lot of hard working people will suffer, but they will suffer anyway as the kings continue to squeeze more out of the serfs. 20 to 100 million a year to run a company into the ground, yep we should bail them out. Banks throwing money at people who cant afford or manage it and rewarding themselves, yep we should bail them out. Giving tax breaks to those who have a job, yep that will help those not working. Eliminating regulation so our air is browner, and melamine is in our food, and wages are stripped, yep great idea. Guess its just time to sit back, complain and embrase the horror. Our only hope is in that 2012 is real and the radiation burns us off the planet quickly. How about that one?

This is too much fun.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Damnit, Friday, I didn't realize you were such a dirty hippy.
He's not the only one - I lived in the cab of my pickup for about 5 months back when I started workin' for Mal~Wart. "Living Wage" my ass.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So the Gubment sucks, yet you want them to be the largest employer in the US? Makes sense to me. Californy is 42 billion in debt right now. Maybe they need to hire more low-life unemployed AMERICAN workers and spend their way back to prosperity. That should work. I'm all for radiation burns. I use 30 SPF, so I never worry.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #45
SmokeU
Registered Member

Dairy is pretty big around here and there happens to be a butter plant in my town. Which you can see, kind of, in Renee Zellweger's new movie.

Anyway, on the news last night they were talking about a bailout for the dairy industry.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #46
12er
Founding Member

I live in liberal hell mind you. SF, where they want to put a $1000 bronze plaque where every homeless junkie died on the streets (so others can pry it up, recycle and get their dope). I wade over urine and feces every day. We have a State gov that is worthless as the day is long. The local gov is beyond a joke. Oakland where an ineffective mayor is blaming the police and the streets are a war zone. Sf isnt any better. My little burb is 40% Hispanic and day laborers by the hundreds lining the streets. I hate welfare as Ive watched generations grow up on the gov for no other reason than they can. I grew up youngest of 6 on a grocery clerks salary. I'm all for small gov and unlaw makers (how many laws do we need?). But what we have now is a huge mess, imploding by the day. So when faced with a choice of rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and putting Americans to work vs. tax breaks and eliminating the rules that keep greed in check, hmmm which way sounds better? Just think where this country would be if we had invested in us instead of Iraq? Trillions on roads, power, schools. If your on welfare, grab a shovel or a broom or trash bag or a paint brush. I fully distrust the gov to do it right, but every now and then there are people who have others interests at heart, and thats the hope I am trying to cling to. Are these the people? Doubtful, but I knew the Bush admin wasnt, nor McCain. It feels a heck of a lot better than fear and angst, had 8 years of that already. "Oh look, the boogie man, lets vote our rights away!" Either way were in for a heck of a ride.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"If your on welfare, grab a shovel or a broom or trash bag or a paint brush."

I'm down for that one! I did get experience with these types at the firehouse believe it or not. The people that needed to do 'community service' were sent over and given jobs to do. Many times I was in charge of finding them something to do and making sure they do it right. After the first few, I begged for these people not to be sent over any more. It was a bigger job to supervise and cajole these losers into doing something, than it would be if I just did the job by myself. Nothing wrong with infrastructure rebuilding. There IS something wrong with hiring deadbeats to do the job on the Gov's dime. The private sector will get it done cheaper, better and on time. They have to do those things. The Gov doesn't, and won't. I truly believe the only thing that changes from administration to administration is which rich people they are beholding to and how money is pi$$ed away. Guns or butter.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

The Mormons run their own welfare system and it seems to work pretty well. I've known a couple of guys who used it when they got laid off. The Church took care of their families but these guys had to go and work loooong days on Church farms. Both said that getting another job and going back to work was much easier than being on welfare. LOL! And that's how it should be.

No work = no eat. A pretty simple system. And more compassionate in the long run. Especially for the true forgotten man.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #49
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Now let me tell you something, Streebeck. There are two things that clearly differentiate the human species from animals. One, we use cutlery. Two, we're capable of controlling our sexual urges. Now, you might be an exception, but don't drag me down into your private Hell.
You know Friday, I think you and the Commissioner would make a cute couple. Like the way you both keep your jaws locked, plus the two of you do share that curious affection for hats.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #50
12er
Founding Member

Where is Tom Vu when you need him? "You lazy American Worker!"