Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I really liked what he said about energy independence...."

You might like what he 'said', but you will hate the reality of it, even though we will never see anything other than words. If you want to test out the reality, try doing without oil for about a week. Suddenly propping up our 'enemies' will make sense.
Well, LR, looks like I got 4 for 1 again.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
What people being given jobs they're not qualified for or legally aloud to have?
Nah, I'm not referring to the citizenship thing. By all accounts he was born in Hawaii which makes him a US Citizen. Period. I'm referring to a guy, who has no competence outside of buying votes, pretending to be able to run the greatest economy in history.

I've hardly stopped laughing for days.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I like motorcycles...if I had one that did everything my gas bike does with fuel cells, (or batteries, or flux capacitors, or whatever) it would be just as fun.

So, fuel cells/batteries, huh? I guess you are a big coal supporter. Because that is where the majority of your electricity comes from.

Quote:
Florida has a bunch of power plants that burn oil...how hard would it be to replace them with a nuke plant if we chose to? Or a clean coal plant?
Yes, nuke plants. Good luck getting those approved. Between the environmentalists, the meltdown scare tactics from lobbyists, and the Not In My Backyard crowd you would have better luck trying to perform abortions on Sunday in a Southern Baptist church.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 01-26-2009 at 01:49 PM.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I really liked what he said about energy independence and creating an "energy economy."
-Bush said the same thing and so did Clinton. We have made zero progress on it. From people not wanting to drill off our coast and in Alaska to PETA protesting wind farms in Texas because it might hurt birds to Massholes protesting Windmills off the coast because it obstructs their view to Animal Rights groups protesting hydro turbines because they might harm fish, to people wanting to ban coal to people wanting to ban wood burning.

Not exactly progress.

So, he can make all the speeches he wants. It means nothing.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

About the Chicago boy- very funny. So funny the watch commander should be suspended without pay for a week for being moron

About Obama- Ken, the energy independence thing that spews from Obamanator is a joke. The projected "battery powered cars" sales projections from the industry state that it will make up 5% of volume. This may sound reasonable to you to see 5% of new vehicle sales meet this "independence" thing head on, but at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars in R&D what's the point of developing it this fast if there's no return.
You can't possibly think that the battery business is going to save the auto industry. It's all a sham. What's going to save the American auto industry diesel technology. Ask VW, BMW, Audi and Benz. Why spend all that money on batteries when clean deisel will get you 50+ mpg? I would sooner by a deisel VW rather than a Chevy Volt. In 20 years the VW will still have a resale value. The Volt will be the back-up generator for my beachfront villa in some undisclosed South American country.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
12er
Founding Member

Cant wait for the R's tax cut plan. $400 a year is going to change my life 100%. Its easy street from here on out. I'm going to cause at least 1 million jobs to be created from that $400. So sweet. That pouring money into highway and infrastructure projects is just a bunch of bull. I don't see how putting people to work all around the country could ever create one Job. McCain was right when he said friday that infrastructure is bull and tax breaks are the way to go. Whooo Hooo. Them tax breaks work great! Just look around, all those breaks under Bush have turned this country around, we need more with all this positive response. The country is strong!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I also like how repubs are now trying to preaching fiscal responsibility. Seems kind of hallow.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #18
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
About the Chicago boy- very funny. So funny the watch commander should be suspended without pay for a week for being moron

About Obama- Ken, the energy independence thing that spews from Obamanator is a joke. The projected "battery powered cars" sales projections from the industry state that it will make up 5% of volume. This may sound reasonable to you to see 5% of new vehicle sales meet this "independence" thing head on, but at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars in R&D what's the point of developing it this fast if there's no return.
You can't possibly think that the battery business is going to save the auto industry. It's all a sham. What's going to save the American auto industry diesel technology. Ask VW, BMW, Audi and Benz. Why spend all that money on batteries when clean deisel will get you 50+ mpg? I would sooner by a deisel VW rather than a Chevy Volt. In 20 years the VW will still have a resale value. The Volt will be the back-up generator for my beachfront villa in some undisclosed South American country.
Not only that, but places like California can barely crank out enough electricity as it is while still having to institute rolling blackouts at times. Now imaging if 5-10% of the population are now charging their cars?

Additionally electricity costs are skyrocketing. In the southeastern PA area alone electricity rates are going up 40-60%. Now add on the stress of charging automobiles you will soon be looking at $600-$800 a month electricity bills.

And don't say that isn't possible as my electricity bill is $220 now...before the rate increase. Which means, with the increase of 50%, I am looking at $330 a month. No imagine what will happen to the rates when electricity plants are stressed with even more usage.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The Gov just two sides of the same coin brother, two sides of the same coin.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"So, he can make all the speeches he wants. It means nothing."

It means everything to some people. If Obama said that shyt was the new perfume, Ken would be hitting the can to grab some Chanel #2 for himself.