Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

There were some rotten fockers in the HD sales team. They have an extremely loyal customer who is borderline mentally impaired. He has a job, but lives with his Mom; even though he's in his late 30's he couldn't manage an apartment or the other basics. Anyway, he came in one day and told me he wanted to trade his Dyna Wide Glide on a CVO Duece we had in stock. I got busy and put together a deal, and went to the Sales Manager to get his approval. Thankfully Randy B. is a decent man and told me no, we were not going to sell him the bike. I went off...I had the preliminary financing approval etc.

It turned out that over the past few years, the sales staff had been taking turns "selling" this poor man new bikes as often as 3-4 months apart. He had excellent credit because his Mom co-signed everything, but by the time I got to him, he owed over $50k on his Dyna. They'd just been rolling the previous loans fees and his depreciation into the next loan. Eagle Bank was going along with it too. I'm glad Randy wouldn't let me make the deal; I was so broke I'm not sure I would have done the right thing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
There were some rotten fockers in the HD sales team. They have an extremely loyal customer who is borderline mentally impaired. He has a job, but lives with his Mom; even though he's in his late 30's he couldn't manage an apartment or the other basics. Anyway, he came in one day and told me he wanted to trade his Dyna Wide Glide on a CVO Duece we had in stock. I got busy and put together a deal, and went to the Sales Manager to get his approval. Thankfully Randy B. is a decent man and told me no, we were not going to sell him the bike. I went off...I had the preliminary financing approval etc.

It turned out that over the past few years, the sales staff had been taking turns "selling" this poor man new bikes as often as 3-4 months apart. He had excellent credit because his Mom co-signed everything, but by the time I got to him, he owed over $50k on his Dyna. They'd just been rolling the previous loans fees and his depreciation into the next loan. Eagle Bank was going along with it too. I'm glad Randy wouldn't let me make the deal; I was so broke I'm not sure I would have done the right thing.
Sounds familiar. Didn't that guy eventually run for Congress and win? Henry Waxman, right? No? Newt Gingrich?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
That a positive credit in your "karma bank". Good on ya!