Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

WMD's are NOT the issue here. But since you brought it up, the FACTS are that the UN inspectors were KICKED OUT of Iraq, so how could they say anything about WMD's with any certainty? The correct answer Ken, is that they couldn't. They guessed, and their guess isn't good enough, and was as good as anyone else's guess. I'd say guessing wasn't good enough, but I 'guess' it is for you. One of the MANY reasons we went to war Ken was the refusal to let the inspectors back in and do their job and confirm there were no WMD's, along with all the other violations of the UN cease fire that you can't remember. Saddam refused and he got bombed the same way you will get shot if you don't show a police officer that you don't have a gun. Those are FACTS Ken. Would you like to dispute them, or admit I am correct? By the way, Colin Powell was NEVER against the war Ken. Ever. Never ever. You were wrong on that one, but decided to avoid admitting it. You just believe what you want to believe because it conveniently fits your mantra. Look up WHY we went to war with Iraq and get back to me. Until then, please don't post bullshyt as facts. In the last discussion, you had no idea what Constitunitional violations Lincoln enacted during the Civil War. There are whole volumes on that subject. Don't you read? Are you a student of history, or do you just repeat what is on the MSNBC?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The fault lies with Brown and FEMA's response, Bushs mistake was to appoint an unqualified pal to an important national security position. FEMA should be run by the Army, they have the assets and orginizational skills to develop procedure and mobilize quickly. The people living in the 9th Ward were bound to be victims because of topography alone but blocking them off then forcing them into the Superdome was criminal.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Or you could look at the Congressional testimony from the people who told Bush and Cheney that there were no WMDs, or the reports from the UN inspectors who said there were no WMDs, etc. ad nauseum. But I won't bother you with the facts, since your mind is already made up.
The guy is in office for 7 months and change and the worst thing that could have happened did. They planned most of this war thingy with information that was given to him by others (regardless of the fact that some of that info was fact or fiction he believed it as fact at the time). He made unpopular choices because he believed it was in the best security interest of the country he was sworn to protect. When you have intellegence agency's around the world feeding you the same information what the he!! are you supposed to do- sit on your arse!
He may have had terrible planning. He may have even bruised some liberal egos because he's bull-headed but he did do the job of protecting the US from another attack on his watch.
Economy, partisanship and civil rights aside- he kept true to his gut instinct and did the job without fear of how others would view him. One thing is absolute- the man has a set of huevos for sticking to his guns.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Dammit Kirk, IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 911! NOT THEN, NOT NOW, NOT EVER. Even Bush admitted later that IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 911!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Or you could look at the Congressional testimony from the people who told Bush and Cheney that there were no WMDs, or the reports from the UN inspectors who said there were no WMDs, etc. ad nauseum. But I won't bother you with the facts, since your mind is already made up.
UN inspectors. Heh heh. The opinions of anyone who believes the UN are pretty much worthless. Never was there a more corrupt govt organization. A concatenation of drug dealers, murderers, thieves and steam plant union thugs.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Agreed there. I just saw that Israel bombed the UN compound in Gaza the other day. i doubt it was an accdent.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, when you have 60 or 70 thousand people under 8 feet of water, I don't care WHO you have running FEMA. It's going to be a f*cking disaster. They handled the matter with the Brownsville Texas hurricane. They told everyone in the area 'You stay and you are on your own'. That handled the situation better than FEMA, the Army, the Navy, and the Marines combined. We have dirty bomb training in the big cities right now. If one actually goes off in a major city, wait until you see the total clusterf*ck that will be.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Please stop with the facts BAR, it's messing with Ken's fantasies.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well, Obamalama was against the surge, and he is always correct! So there!