Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The Brownshirts are coming. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/10396-brownshirts-coming.html)

seruzawa 01-15-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 201411)
We have spare the air days in the Bay area. $250 fine if you burn anything I believe, maybe the fine is higher... We've had the summer version for a number of years, but now they added winter burning. My parents only source of heat is an airtight wood stove. Not sure if the law reaches to the central valley yet though.

Laws differ. In areas where there is no other source of heating, like at my cabin, wood stoves are not subject to burn restrictions. Modern stoves use reburners and such that make them very efficient. A hotter stove also burns more efficiently. Fireplaces are very inefficient, thus the "burn day" restrictions in urban areas.

longride 01-15-2009 05:01 PM

Thanks Mr. Obama. Now please leave my guns alone, leave me alone, and try to accomplish at least one worthwhile thing in your four years as President. If you succeed in doing that one thing, it will be one more accomplishment you have done than your four years as my Illinois Senator.

Dr_Sprocket 01-15-2009 05:23 PM

Get in my belly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 201383)
This might be a problem. With the coming ice age all beer will have to be kept in a "warmed" environment to prevent freezing. Instead of coolers people will have to buy warmers.

I would happily store your beer in my belly, free of charge!

BrowningBAR 01-15-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 201414)
Laws differ. In areas where there is no other source of heating, like at my cabin, wood stoves are not subject to burn restrictions. Modern stoves use reburners and such that make them very efficient. A hotter stove also burns more efficiently. Fireplaces are very inefficient, thus the "burn day" restrictions in urban areas.

Exactly, a stove burning efficiently will emit very little smoke from the chimney.

But, you see, that doesn't matter. If even a little smoke is visible it lead to lung cancer.

And everyone with asthma can not breathe from the smoke...even though I have had asthma since I was a child and I do quite fine. And I have an old VC Vigilant that is not nearly as clean burning as a newer stove.

But what do I know.

Oh, Waxman said there will be quick action from the new administration to tackle the Global Warming problem.

(and in case anyone isn’t aware, Waxman hold a special black spot in my heart from the time he went out of his way to ban “sniper rifles” because he heard some of them can penetrate his armored limo)

seruzawa 01-15-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 201426)
Exactly, a stove burning efficiently will emit very little smoke from the chimney.

But, you see, that doesn't matter. If even a little smoke is visible it lead to lung cancer.

And everyone with asthma can not breathe from the smoke...even though I have had asthma since I was a child and I do quite fine. And I have an old VC Vigilant that is not nearly as clean burning as a newer stove.

But what do I know.

Oh, Waxman said there will be quick action from the new administration to tackle the Global Warming problem.

(and in case anyone isn’t aware, Waxman hold a special black spot in my heart from the time he went out of his way to ban “sniper rifles” because he heard some of them can penetrate his armored limo)

That old crook was my rep when I lived in Hollywood back in the early 80's. He's like Michael Myers and just won't go away. Looks a lot like the Phantom of the opera, too. Anyhow we used to get his crazy flyers about what a great job he was doing, increasing the crime rate and handing out lots of free cash to drug addicts. They were very funny and we had a lot of laughs.

Waxman is proof that people in govt rise to the level of their incomptetence.