Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #51
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
That's what I hear. I'm going to be raiding your garage fridge for all the Guinness I can drink!
This might be a problem. With the coming ice age all beer will have to be kept in a "warmed" environment to prevent freezing. Instead of coolers people will have to buy warmers.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #52
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
"We are NOT "at war," LR.

With this statement there is no need to reply to any others. It goes to show how out of touch with reality you really are. We were at war for at least 30 years. The only ones that never realized it are you and Clinton.
Ok, good out. I'm tired of the whole thing too.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
This might be a problem. With the coming ice age all beer will have to be kept in a "warmed" environment to prevent freezing. Instead of coolers people will have to buy warmers.
Not only that but in the effort to make our society "greener" an entirely new form of heat production will be mandated by the Obamalama-fafafa Administration. This new heat source will be a system that uses a renewable recourse known colloquially as "wood". This "wood" is arranged in a small pile and is ignited by a small heat source called a "match". Once ingited the "wood" developes a type of heat called "fire". Objects can then be placed near or above this "fire" and thereby warmed. Although this new heat source is entirely natural and renewable it has the unfortunate side effect of creating a source of carbon pollution called "smoke".

Since winter weather often results in a phenomenon called a temperature inversion which traps particles of smoke pollution near the ground no fires will be permitted when temperatures drop below freezing unless there is a storm in the affected area.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-signed, Big Bro

P.S. Recent studies have revealed an environmental hazard associated with the use of the aforementioned "matches". Therefore "matches" will soon be phased out and all citizens will be encouraged to take next weeks lessons on "flint and steel".

Last edited by seruzawa : 01-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #54
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Not only that but in the effort to make our society "greener" an entirely new form of heat production will be mandated by the Obamalama-fafafa Administration. This new heat source will be a system that uses a renewable recourse known colloquially as "wood". This "wood" is arranged in a small pile and is ignited by a small heat source called a "match". Once ingited the "wood" developes a type of heat called "fire". Objects can then be placed near or above this "fire" and thereby warmed. Although this new heat source is entirely natural and renewable it has the unfortunate side effect of creating a source of carbon pollution called "smoke".

Since winter weather often results in a phenomenon called a temperature inversion which traps particles of smoke pollution near the ground no fires will be permitted when temperatures drop below freezing unless there is a storm in the affected area.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-signed, Big Bro

P.S. Recent studies have revealed an environmental hazard associated with the use of the aforementioned "matches". Therefore "matches" will soon be phased out and all citizens will be encouraged to take next weeks lessons on "flint and steel".

You are aware there is already a movement to ban wood burning, wood burning stoves, and fireplaces along with the banning of the use of coal for home heat.

In fact, if you look through that little link that Kenneth had in his signature for "change" suggestions you will see a posting for the banning of wood burning.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #55
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
You are aware there is already a movement to ban wood burning, wood burning stoves, and fireplaces along with the banning of the use of coal for home heat.

In fact, if you look through that little link that Kenneth had in his signature for "change" suggestions you will see a posting for the banning of wood burning.
Dude, there is a movement to ban EVERYTHING.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #56
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
So jump in and make an alternative suggestion. At least they're asking what people think...which is apparently an entirely new concept in DC.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"At least they're asking what people think...which is apparently an entirely new concept in DC."

My 'alternative suggestion' is leave people the f*ck alone. Try that for a few years and see how it works out. But then we might figure out we don't need our Gov. all that much and can figure out how to solve our own problems without extra taxes and their 'help'.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #58
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
My 'alternative suggestion' is leave people the f*ck alone. Try that for a few years and see how it works out. But then we might figure out we don't need our Gov. all that much and can figure out how to solve our own problems without extra taxes and their 'help'.
Dear Mr. Ride,

Thank you for your recent submission to www.change.gov/citizens briefcase. We are grateful for your input, and look forward to reviewing it carefully in the context of our new Administration's goals and objectives for 2009 and beyond. It is extremely rewarding to have average citizens, such as yourself, take the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you at the Inaguration, and wish you and your family the very best for the New Year.

Regards,
Mr. and Mrs. Barack Hussien Obama
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #59
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:

If you are a wood-burning-stove manufacturer, and you build over a certain number of stoves per year (I don't know the cutoff number), the stoves you produce MUST be equipped with a catalyst-element in the effluent-draft (i.e. it's gotta have a catalytic converter in the exhaust) or some other means of smoke re-combustion. This has been so for about 20-25 years.

I wouldn't know any of this otherwise, but I used to work for a manufacturer of these things when I was in my teens ( ttp://www.countryflame.com ). (BTW - just checked: the "BBF" and "Smart Fireplace" are the only two items they still make that they had when I worked for 'em) At that time, "built-in-style fireplace inserts" and fireplaces were still exempt - but they may no-longer be.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #60
12er
Founding Member

We have spare the air days in the Bay area. $250 fine if you burn anything I believe, maybe the fine is higher... We've had the summer version for a number of years, but now they added winter burning. My parents only source of heat is an airtight wood stove. Not sure if the law reaches to the central valley yet though.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote