Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #21
12er
Founding Member

The joy about blackwater and their ilk is most are american citizens. Already in the country ready to go to the highest bidder.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
So, did the Patriot Act bother anybody here? How about the secret prisons? The torture? Was that ok because it was Bush?
It'd be OK if PEBO did it, too. I have absolutely no issues with housing terrorist in secrect locations while they water-board those b@stards for info. Effective or not, leading one to believe they can die from the "treatment" would be worth it. Even if 1/3 of the info gathered was factual. That 1/3 is waaaay better than none at all.

Is anyone taking bets that the stovepipe hat will end up on PEBO's head by the end of his Lincoln inaguration. I guess if Clinton can be the 1st black president then PEBO can lead whitey out of reparations negotiations.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
So, did the Patriot Act bother anybody here? How about the secret prisons? The torture? Was that ok because it was Bush?
Hated the patriot act then and I hate it now. But at the time a whole lot of idiots on both sides of the isle.

Secret Prisons:
How many other countries have them? I don't like them, but we didn't invent it. How about during WWII when the japanese were rounded up into camps. It wasn't "right" but that is war.

"The Torture"
-No worse than what other countries have done to our soldiers.

Was that ok because it was Bush:
Didn't vote for Bush either time.

Again. Just because the Repubs do it doesn't make it right when the Dems pull their own bullsh!t out of their hat.

I had no problem with invading Iraq. I do have a HUGE problem with the way it was run. The administration tapped dance around solutions and let up off the gas peddle far to early. It wasted our military's lives and the tax payers money.

Again, we need to expect more from our government officials.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:

Maybe you should read about what Lincoln did during the Civil War before finger pointing. Bush looks like a piker compares to the abuses that Lincoln heaped on the Constitution during that time.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Maybe you should read about what Lincoln did during the Civil War before finger pointing. Bush looks like a piker compares to the abuses that Lincoln heaped on the Constitution during that time.
Well, Lincoln was a republican.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Well, Lincoln was a republican.
He's Obama's hero too. I'm sure Bush isn't his hero though.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Lincoln? FDR! You know what he did when they caught German saboteurs? Shot them and buried them in numbered graves near a garbage dump. They didn't get trials either. Why aren't the Democrats calling to have FDR dethroned as a great president. He would be on Bush's side. So would JFK. My, how degraded and cowardly the Democrats have become. They only hate and attack other Americans.

The fact is that under International Law and the Geneva convention these non-uniformed terrorists can be summarily shot by the military as spies. They have no rights to a lawyer or a trial. Bush is being nice to them. Lincoln would have hung them all.

The fact is that if Bush was a Democrat we wouldn't be having this argument. The Democrats would be defending waterboarding and the Patriot Act.... which was originally submitted by a Democrat by the way. Heck I had a worse time in Boot Camp than those jihadi country clubbers in Guantanamo.

Once again the speciousness of Democrat arguments is exposed when facts are considered.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
He's Obama's hero too. I'm sure Bush isn't his hero though.
And your man McCain was uncatagorically against torture and secret prisons. He is also on record as being extremely alarmed about the rise of the private military companies. He gave a great interview in "Why We Fight." If he'd used that for a campaign commercial and picked anyone other than Palin I might have voted for him.

The fact that other nations torture is hardly an excuse. It's something that we used to set the example on. People lynched Negros in Lincoln's time too, are you in favor of starting that back up as well?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #29
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Effective or not, leading one to believe they can die from the "treatment" would be worth it. Even if 1/3 of the info gathered was factual. That 1/3 is waaaay better than none at all.
And with all that; Bin Laden is still making video tapes, Al Quieda is growing, and we aren't anywhere close to ending the war. Gee, it's working really well!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
The fact that other nations torture is hardly an excuse. It's something that we used to set the example on. People lynched Negros in Lincoln's time too, are you in favor of starting that back up as well?
You are having a hard time reading today. I said other nations have tortured our military. Other countries freely do brutal things to us when they have the chance. Stop pretending otherwise. In war if you are not willing to go the distance, don't go to war. I am not "pro-torture", but I do know how the world works.

You know, war used to be fought by lining up in a straight line. It was thought to be honorable and brave (and seemingly the most efficient way to increase the rate of fire). Hiding, ambushing, and other tactics were thought to be cowardice and in poor form. Maybe we should go back to that so we can lift our heads up high and be proud.