Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"It's repairing our relationships with our long-time allies,.."

Like the ones that were buying oil behind our backs and constructing underground bunkers for Saddam when we had the U.N. embargo on Iraq? You do mean those 'long time' allies, right?
Oh please. The US gave Saddam more aid and military hardware than all other sources combined. Right up until we decided he wasn't our pal any more.

"NATO"

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, you can't deny that Dem politicians were in fact claiming that the jihadis were only attacking us because of Bush. I heard it enough for years and years. One of their campaigning claims was that Obama would be able to reach out and end the cycle of violence. I heard that plenty too.

But once again history will be revised. Now that The One is here.... with his lackeys in the Press.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Dems, and I, said that invading Iraq simply gave credence to the worst claims of Moslem extremists, and that war is breeding an new generation of terrorists. It's also true that having US troops in Saudi Arabia gave Bin Laden a powerful propaganda tool against us.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude you are the master at the non-answer, especially one that has no relationship to your statement of 'repairing relationships with our long-time allies'. We have no long time Allies. We have countries that are right behind us when they agree with us and nowhere to be found when they don't. I didn't hear our 'long-time Allies' complaining whe we bombed Serbia! Oh, they wanted that to happen. Imagine that. If I had 'allies' like that, I'd kick their ass and never have anything to do with them again. F&ck our 'Allies'.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Dems, and I, said that invading Iraq simply gave credence to the worst claims of Moslem extremists, and that war is breeding an new generation of terrorists. It's also true that having US troops in Saudi Arabia gave Bin Laden a powerful propaganda tool against us.

I can't fathom that somebody really believes that nonsense! Like they didn't hate us before Iraq? Who was Prez when the Taliban took over Afghanistan and trained all the terrorists for the 9/11 attacks? It wasn't Bush. Try this on for size:

Under Clinton, we suffered 6 major attacks that were orchestrated by Bin Laden.
After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
Bill Clinton warned America in his radio address that we should not overreact to the 1993 WTC bombing. "I would discourage the American people from overreacting to this," Clinton said

What a turd for a President he was. Good thing we didn't 'overreact' so they could kill everyone in the towers the next time.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ken adheres to the 'stick your head in the sand' defense. That way they could only kick you in the ass. Jimmy Carter was the poster boy for Democratic response to these assholes. I'm sure Ken was happy Jimmy spend a year and half trying to get his thumb out of his ass.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
I can't fathom that somebody really believes that nonsense!
I realize that. That makes it no less true.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I realize that. That makes it no less true.

Obviously your truth meter somehow got mixed up with your bullshyt meter. Time to recalibrate. Try reading ANY history book on Muslims and the West. This fight goes way back before the US even existed.. It didn't start with Bush and Bin Laden. Those are just two of the latest players. Learn some history and context before you spew out your Olberman logic. Just like most things in life, you either fight or become the bytch of your attacker. Obamalama is going to have to do the same. Let's see what he does.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Ken adheres to the 'stick your head in the sand' defense. That way they could only kick you in the ass. Jimmy Carter was the poster boy for Democratic response to these assholes. I'm sure Ken was happy Jimmy spend a year and half trying to get his thumb out of his ass.
Oh, yeah. Good Ol' Jimmy "Kim Jong-Il isn't such a bad guy" Carter.

If Kim Jong-Il isn't evil then who is, pray tell? These are foolish people who live in a fantasy world where the people who want to kill us aren't our enemies, oh no. The "enemies" are the people who oppose the evil and "rile them up". A very foolish view of the world.

The issue of evil is not a gray issue. Evil is by nature compulsive and aggressive. If one doesn't oppose evil then one is aiding it. The worldwide jihadi movement is the very embodiment of evil. To hate Bush, who admittedly made a lot of mistakes, more than the people who precipitated the whole mess is plain crazy.

Yes the Bush hating dems are wackos. Lunatics. Freakazoid fools. And I think that bush has been pretty lousy, though not as lousy as Carter or LBJ. Mickey O'Rouke made an interesting comment recently. He said that no one else would have done a better job. And he's right. Al Gore or John Kerry would be in a similar mess today. Wishful thinking won't change anything. We are dealing with psychopaths in the middle east. There's no blueprint for dealing with them.

But then it's always easy to second guess when you aren't the one held to account, isn't it?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #20
12er
Founding Member

Can we moderate the moderators?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote