Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Finally......

Got to ride to work today after almost a month of ice, snow, rain and flooding...It's been a nasty winter so far. I had my Explorer in 4x4 for a solid week just to get to work and back. I still had to make a few detours around flooded roads and did a couple of water crossings but I had greased my boots up with Hubbards and mink oiled my gloves so no problem there.

Lots of sand in the corners that they use here instead of salt (thank God) and a couple of roads closed for landslides....most hill sides here are a 6 inch layer of topsoil on top of sand and rock on top of a layer of clay so heavy rain just washes out whole sections, that's why you won't see locals living in those "Beautiful Mountain View Homes!!" perched on the edge of a cliff.

But I digress..it was a nice 42* and since the backroads I took led me around the back side of Lake Tapps bathed in the full moon light a pretty pleasent ride all the way around. The bike started and ran like a champ even after sitting for almost a month though I did ride it and top the tank off a couple of weeks ago, still smooth and comfy and handled the standing water and sandy corners with little more than a slight twitch here and there

Felt good to be back on even if it was just an hours commute to work....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Got to ride to work today after almost a month of ice, snow, rain and flooding..."

Why would that stop you? WIMP! I guess you aren't a 'Rounder', or maybe you just don't feel like dying young. Glad you got out. We have another 2 to 4 inches of Global Warming due today, so it will be a bit before I get out. I was out last weekend for a nice cruise and it was about 25 degrees out, but that doesn't really mean anything because I'm not a 'Rounder'. I found out this week that only 'Rounders' are real riders, so you and me are out.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Man, I better keep an I on the weather. I just bought a boat and plan on taking it out for a trial run this weekend.

Har har har!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Got to ride to work today after almost a month of ice, snow, rain and flooding..."

Why would that stop you? WIMP! I guess you aren't a 'Rounder', or maybe you just don't feel like dying young. Glad you got out. We have another 2 to 4 inches of Global Warming due today, so it will be a bit before I get out. I was out last weekend for a nice cruise and it was about 25 degrees out, but that doesn't really mean anything because I'm not a 'Rounder'. I found out this week that only 'Rounders' are real riders, so you and me are out.
It's "global warming" outside right now.

As far as Rounders go I think it's pretty funny. I could make an argument that unless you have ridden a bike in a war zone you are not a "real motorcyclist". That would make everyone here but me a poser. Pretty cool, huh?

What's wrong with you poosies? Never ridden under fire? What are you? A buncha pantywaists, that's what you are. Now drop and give me 20, ladies!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Man, I better keep an I on the weather. I just bought a boat and plan on taking it out for a trial run this weekend.

Har har har!
What did you wind up with? Photos, please!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I rode my bike through a minefield! You didn't?? WIMP! I rode mine through Gaza during the Israeli bombing attack! You didn't?? WIMP! You aren't a 'Rounder'!! HA HA!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

...but even more importantly I was ignoring the very fabric of our metaphysical reality and inviting destructive influences into my life. My fourth day in prison was the first day that I was allowed in general population and while in the recreation yard I was approached by a prisoner named Marcus who calmly informed me that as a new prisoner I had been purchased by him for three packs of Winston cigarettes and 8 ounces of Pruno (prison wine). Marcus elaborated further that I could expect to be [...] raped by him on a daily basis and that I had pretty eyes.

Needless to say, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to this level. Although I've never been homophobic I was discovering that I was very rape phobic and dismayed by my overall personal street value of roughly $15.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Sounds like the first day of the two best days in a boat owners life!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
What did you wind up with? Photos, please!
I got the 2004 Aquasport Osprey 190 Center Console. I pounded him a little further on the price and get her for $9995. He whimpered while signing the papers that he lost 2 grand on that boat. That's practically a profit in the boating world! Brand new that thing was 25 grand.

I gotta get all the gear for it and then drop it in a local lake to test all the pumps and such. Then you'll find me anchored to the kelp pulling up Calico bass and hopefully an occasional Yellowtail.

Probably should throw a new prop on too.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post

I've got caught out by ice and snow enough to know it ain't no fun, the last time was on my Trophy when I almost got clipped by an out of control Pierce County Transit bus. F'k that, anyone wants to ride in that crap can have at it, I'll be in the Exploder with the heat on high sippin' my latte` and waiting for them to dig thier dumb ass out from under a car.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote