Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 12-17-2001, 08:01 AM   #1
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Default Re: Regis to ride Aprilia

I thought they were looking for an experienced rider. Laconi doesn't seem like he's GP1 material.

First Post...
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2001, 08:05 AM   #2
fazerO
Founding Member

Experienced? What do you call riding in GP since 1995? Who won the last SBK race of the season?
fazerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #3
Pacer
Founding Member

My guess is that he will do some R&D for Aprilia so Haga will have a decent ride next year.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 11:56 AM   #4
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

I guess I meant a proven winner. SBK is not GP. Laconi has only 1 GP win and only 1 other podium finish.
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 05:12 PM   #5
Lincoln
Founding Member

How come everyone thinks Haga is going to do so well in MotoGP when he got his rear end handed to him this year? and don't give me that "4-stroke has smoother power delivery" garbage, the GP 4-strokes gonna be an animal just like the 2strokes are. Haga is good with a mildly tuned WSB bike. He's gonna have his hands full with 200bhp
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:32 PM   #6
crg
Founding Member

I thought Haga was slated for a ride on the Mille for 2002...?
crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 03:09 AM   #7
parahobo
Founding Member

Default He is......

.......on the Mille in 2002. Maybe they're thinking of getting the bike ready for him in 2003. I don't fully agree with the earlier post that Haga got his ass kicked in GP this year. On Dunlops he'll definitely be a force.
parahobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 04:38 AM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

You Dimwit, ask anyone (Including Haga, Crafar, Laconi, Bostrom) Making a tire switch is hard. Had Haga completed a GP season on Dunlops, things would have been different. Laconi was a different racer on Dunlops, often close to the front. There were races when Crafar handed Doohan his ass on Dunlops. Haga is no different. He never slid the Yamaha on MIchelins like he did on the Dunlops. He almost won the title on the D's while he crashed like crazy and was not a challenger on the Michelins. Do your research before you run your trap. Look at the tire they gave Laconi in GP1. Yes, it's Dunlops, because they know he is a proven racer on Dunlops.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 05:45 AM   #9
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default mothers milk

go ahead and blame his lousy racing on his tires. according to the speedvision guys, roadracingworld, motogp.com, and pretty much everyone else, it was the powerband he could not come to terms with. but you know better than them, right momma's boy?
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 09:58 AM   #10
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: mothers milk

That milk is tight. Your moms milk taste good too. Anyway, Haga could not come to terms with michelins, not on the R7, not on the GP bike. You watch and see. You want to make a Gentlemen's bet...???
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote