Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-26-2001, 11:40 AM   #11
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Speaking of NASCAR

NOw that I think about it, riding in circles isn't so bad, only when it's dirt track racing.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2001, 03:46 PM   #12
metal
Founding Member

Default Re: Speaking of NASCAR

I hate NASCAR, but not because it's an "easy" sport. It actually takes a lot of skill to do what those guys do. In principle, it's similar to flat track or dirt track, which has produced some of the top racers (currently look at Garry McCoy and even the Haydens). If one is focused on only one aspect of a sport, all other sports will seem trivial because they are not centered around that aspect. Being a closed circuit racing fan and trying some on my own, I am often tempted to discard something like NASCAR as a dumb sport because they only turn left. The thing is it's not about going through a seres of turns, but rather being able to consistantly keep a vehicle on the edge, much closer to the edge than on a road course. On an oval, one has to keep finding traction and establishing a good drive under constantly changing conditions over a large number of laps. It's not easy. But I don't like NASCAR and it's for personal reasons: I simply don't like the technology and the rules. That's it. Let's face it, most of us complain a lot less when we see an Indy Car race or a CART race on the same oval.
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:58 PM   #13
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: former soviet union?

"Russia" and the "former Soviet Union" are not synonyms. Lithuania and the Ukraine are both part of the former Soviet Union but not Russia. The USSR was to Russia what Great Britain is to England.

However, in this context, the term "Russia" would have been more appropriate since...well...Moscow is very much inside the bounds of Russia.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 07:27 AM   #14
draz
Founding Member

Default Re: A 500 GP race in Moscow?

A GP1 race in Russia!!! That is fantastic. I'm moving to Yekaterinburg next August for 2 years and will be there to see it. The only problem is that there are no Triumph dealers there (I have a Daytona)... looks like I'll be getting a Ural. Now the question, sidecar or no sidecar?

Who says Siberia and motorcycles don't mix?
draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #15
jumbip
Banned

wow..............!I was at Indy for the F1 race and I was thinking the whole time that they should get a bike race, maybe GP's or even Superbikes. Maybe the Nascar crowd will get into bikes if we race at their graceland...good job and keep posting to us at any time.

jumbip

excellent performance..............enfield
jumbip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

Huh? WTF?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Huh? WTF?
He just pops in every now and then to spam his website.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote