Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-15-2001, 11:46 AM   #21
Twitch
Founding Member

Default WTF?

So basically what you are saying is that you are bashing Haga for what other people SAY about him. People who you call squids say he will do well and all. You do not like squids, so therefore Haga = sucks. Is this your logic?

You could take all the facts into consideration and form your own judgment instead of taking the opposite side of the people whom you do not like. IMHO
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2001, 12:01 PM   #22
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: WTF?

ok, based on my own opinion of Haga, he's an average grand prix rider who probably would never win a grand prix race. based on what most squids i've talked to think of him, he is the most overrated rider to ever come into grand prix. instead of dominating, he has stunk the place up ala chris walker, although i will admit he's made it this far without getting fired. he has layed down more carbon fiber on the racetracks than he has rubber. he couldn't wear valentino rossi's jockstrap even if it came with suspenders. he wouldn't know what to do with 200hp blah blah blah
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:14 AM   #23
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Popular opinion

It's not me that seems to be dimwitted here Lincoln. Personally, I think even the slowest rider in WSB and GP could walk away from most street riders. Which is where most of us spend time riding. I don't race so you couldn't have been in front of me. On the street you wouldn't see anything but the end cans of my bike pissing off into the distance I'm sure. Oh, did I mention, and your momma's fat behind on the pillion seat ?
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 08:10 AM   #24
john
Founding Member

Default Re: Popular opinion

Lincoln tries to sound like he knows something about racing....sorry, just because you been sniffin rossi's jock doesn't mean you know anything. your posts have affirmed that.

Why don't you go see how many first year GP riders win the championship? I guess you must be saying that Mick sucks ass, too....it took him a little adjustment time as well.

And another thing, they knew Haga was only racing 2 strokes 1 year, and then going to the 4 stroke....why would yamaha or haga waste time trying to perfect the bike to the level required to win if he was only on it for one season?

god you are a moron
Old 10-16-2001, 08:15 AM   #25
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default let's not get personal here....

...i mean, i didn't realize you had a crush on that sushi-breath bleached blonde.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:38 AM   #26
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default she would be ashamed

You shouldn't talk about your momma like that. Her breath smells like sushi cause she goes both ways. But I like her bleach blonde hair.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:11 PM   #27
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Results 500cc Australian GP

Does anybody think that Rossi would have really ridden this hard (to win) if there were not 2 races remaining after the Australian round? If it had been the last race of the season, and all he needed to do was finish 8th, would he have been trying to beat Biaggi and the rest?

Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome rider, and deserves the championship. I know that racers like to win, but no racer I've ever heard would take a single win over a series championship.

Now that he's won the titel, I expect he'll keep trying to win the remaining races to show just how dominating he can be.

But what a great race, seemed more like 125/250 or an AMA 600SS race.

PS What's going to happen to MC racing on TV in the US when Speedvision becomes NASCARvision?
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 02:08 PM   #28
ssmiley
Founding Member

Would love to see Barros and Capirossi on a "full" powered 2002 model next year. Unfortunately Honda probably feels that threatens their Rossi dynasty (see Rossi's 35 reasons - "Because my HONDA goes 10km/h faster than all the others").

Keep an eye on next year:

1) A healthy Olivier Jacque

2) Katoh - patiently awaiting the spotlight

3) Colin Edwards on the RC211v? He's said no - but with his adaptability ya' never know.

Whatever shakes out it's going to be wide open if both Rossi and Biaggi go 4 strokin'.

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 08:17 AM   #29
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Hahaha... is there anyhting more boring than watching clown cars go around in circles?

Let's hope that Speedvision is smarter than to let NASCAR take over the network. But then... what the he!!. There's always FOX Sports... Never mind. They get the feed from Speedvision.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 12:18 PM   #30
TeamProBono
Founding Member

Default Re: If This Is Lincoln Linsmith--Go Back To Jail...

...Do Not Pass Go.

Your words are as worthless as you.

If you are someone else, you really aren't the most thoughtful/knowledgeable of race fans.

1) Haga is on a two-stroke for the first time in years, far more powerful and harder to ride than any he's ever raced before and doing better than any other 1st time 500 GP rider this year (I think); and, racing against guys very familiar with racing 500 GP bikes;

2) Except for Suzuka, Phillips Island and Donington, he has never seen any of these tracks before, competing against riders that know these tracks very well;

3) Haga is racing on Michelins for the first time, competing against riders who know these tires very well (sound like a theme????). Everyone at the top levels of racing knows that Michelin and Dunlop slicks are not just round black tires that are interchangeable.

That's three big strikes. Look at an example of the opposite: Ben Bostrom: First season: finished a VERY respectable 7th overall (I think). Then for 2001: 1) got used to the WSB-spec bike; 2) got used to the tracks; 3) got his bike back on Dunlops. Result: finished the season in 3rd overall and mounted a credible charge on the chamionship.

Expecting Haga to kick butt in his first year was a ridiculous prediction by anyone who made it. Haga probably won't be racing 500 GP in 2002. He'd would definitely do much better in his second year, no question.

You? You'd do much better to spend some time reading more about racing and watching more races on t.v.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion...
TeamProBono is offline   Reply With Quote