Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-14-2001, 07:14 PM   #11
mge
Founding Member

Default Re: Results 500cc Australian GP

I dont think Mick is minds if Rossi takes 5 championships..... Anyway, for Doohan's take on Rossi have a look here. This interview was from the friday before the racing.
mge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2001, 07:41 PM   #12
norton888
Founding Member

Default Re: Rossi first rider ever to win 125, 250 and 500 world tit

Hailwood won in three categories as well, but not 125, 250, & 500. Hailwood was champion in 250, 350, & 500.

That reminds me of when Freddie Spencer won the 250 and 500 in the same year. The headlines claimed it was a first, and it was. However, the 350 and 500 titles had been won in the same year before, and at that time 350 was considered more prestigious than 250.

Still, to win both in the same year in the modern era was incredible, and may never be repeated. Unless, maybe Rossi gives it a try next year.
norton888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 01:27 AM   #13
BobbyDazzler
Founding Member

Default Re: PI does it again.

Yep...Definately the race of the season.Congrats to Rossi he rode a stunning race..and I thought Haga was sensational,but he really seemed to have a horsepower problem on the straights..Big congrats to Anthony West on the twin..to beat Roberts, Abe and Checa is quite an achievement.
BobbyDazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:32 AM   #14
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Nice ride Haga, now get the he11 out of GP, you suck

yeah, i knew people would be all over the fact that haga battled for the lead. great, the "tiger woods" of superbike leads a race for 1/2 a lap, big whoop-dee-doo. definitely the most over-hyped rider to ever come into grand prix without a doubt. what place did he wind up finishing, 7th or something?? isn't that his best finish of the year?
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:11 AM   #15
Twitch
Founding Member

Default You are a troll and you suck, get off the message board

He came in 4th at Donington(sp?). Give the guy some credit. Went from 4 too 2 stroke. Went from DunlopÂ’s to Michelin tires, and most of the tracks he raced were brand-new to him. That is huge learning curve IMHO.
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 07:23 AM   #16
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default No that would be katja...

No, the most over-hyped rider to come into GP's would have to be Katja in the 250's. I'm sorry Lincoln but I didn't see what place you came in during that race. Were you ahead of Haga ? Were you challenging him for the WSB title last year ? Have you ever been spat off of a GP bike ? Give the guy a break cause he CAN ride a bike.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 07:33 AM   #17
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: No that would be katja...

sure Haga can ride. he just can't compete...

...and i was right in front of you, dimwit
Old 10-15-2001, 08:31 AM   #18
metal
Founding Member

Are you stupid, or just pretending? Haga had to not only learn a whole new kind of bike, and tracks, he had to fundamentally change is riding style because the old one wasn't working for him in GP's. How many of us would be able to drastically change the way we ride and still be competitive? I forgot to ask, do you race?
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:34 AM   #19
john
Founding Member

It seems like Haga has been finishing around, and often ahead, of Roberts, McCoy, and many other veterans. That seems pretty good for a first year 2stroker. I bet next season he would finish 3rd or 4th in the championship, ina series that is renowned for kicking new riders to the curb, if he stayed 2stroke.

Old 10-15-2001, 10:01 AM   #20
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default look, the bottom line is

that Haga was a big fish in a little pond when he was in WSB. Now that he's in with the big boys, his weaknesses were exposed. I would never have said 2 negative words about Haga if i didn't have to listen to all the squids tell me preseason how he was gonna dissect the grand prix class. now go put your tail between your legs, Haga, and get the F outta here