Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 08-10-2001, 10:00 AM   #21
hola
Founding Member

Default marketing

Good point, but i think we ALL know that marketing is part of the game. And surly enough, Katja markets herself quite well. However, regarding TV coverage during the race, well... we do get so see her once, when she is lapped.
hola is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 10:11 AM   #22
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default NO WAY MAN....

The high court has spoken, and it has affirmed the lower court's opinion that Anna is the hottest athlete on the face of the earth. Her short fuse, coupled with her Russian accent, only adds to her charm.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 10:14 AM   #23
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default P.S.

I know you weren't comparing the two, I was just being melodramatic.

Now, however, I am being completely sincere:

Sergei Federov is a turd-burgling bastard. He didn't deserve her.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 02:08 PM   #24
stk0308
Founding Member

Default Re: Katja

Good amateur rider? Did you not read my post? I said European Super-mono champion. To give you an idea of the caliber of rider she beat to win that, Alan Cathcart placed 2nd on the purpose built Ducati. You know, that guy that all the factories trust with their latest GP and WSB weapons to rate for us commoners. Her comments are no more arrogant than 600ss racers saying they want to move up to superbike because they are used to simmiler machinery. And yes she has been offered multiple rides in the German Superbike series. She chose to race in the European and World series, because the opportunites where there, just like any racer should.

Please don't compare Katja to Anna. Katja is much better looking.
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 03:11 PM   #25
MartialStax
Founding Member

Default Re: Women in motorcycling

My wife rides an 84 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD. She's pretty tiny, but she fits that little Kawi with only a bit of tippy-toe-ness.

Neither one of us is up to drag racing or any other racing. I dig watching bike racing in all it's forms, but I just couldn't see myself doing it. However, if she ever tells me she wants to do it, I'll support her all the way.
MartialStax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 03:17 PM   #26
MartialStax
Founding Member

Default Re: all is nice, but the photo link is broken!

Not terribly fit, really. I mean, I'm about 50 lbs overweight, but I ride my 75 Gold Wing just fine. My wife is very fit, and the only trouble she has riding her 550 is the fact that she's so tiny. As long as you can get your leg over the seat and the gas tank doesn't jut into your stomach too much, you should be fine riding a 600.
MartialStax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 07:42 PM   #27
kengsxr
Founding Member

Default Re: Katja

let's see...beautiful woman qualifies for 250 gp.

scores points. marketing dream. Dark Dog needed to fire their marketing people, not what should have been their meal ticket. Is she the best, not yet, but I'm sure she can out ride any one on this page. And She can ride my 750 any time.

kengsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #28
hola
Founding Member

Default sachsenring

[b] "One of the German wildcard riders (not sure which one and no one will tell us) went about saying before the GP that if Katja beat him he would wear a miniskirt for a week. Katja finished last in a four-rider battle with Luis Costa, German wild card riders Max Neukirchner and Christain Gemmel".
hola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 06:18 AM   #29
gTsiros
Founding Member

Default not exactly...

I am 140p, 5'10" and a somewhat beginner in weightlifting. I was not talking about the beer-belly or something, i was talking about the physical strength needed to ride the bike...Thakns for taking the time to reply
gTsiros is offline   Reply With Quote