Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-17-2001, 05:33 AM   #1
srx-guy
Founding Member

Default Re: Results 500cc GP of Catalunya

First post, I am sure disappointed with Haga`s showing this year, he was bragging he was going to win the championship. Rossi is briliant though.
srx-guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2001, 05:43 AM   #2
srx-guy
Founding Member

Ok second post also. Just read in MCN that Rossi or someone from his team punched Biaggi in the face after the race!! Looks like the season is heating up.
srx-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 04:05 PM   #3
john
Founding Member

I don't think Haga ever thought he would win this season's championship, regardless of what he said. Last year, before Haga lost his points, and before Yamaha pulled out of WSBK, Haga stated in an interview that he did not like riding 2-stroke machines. I think it was a Bike, Performance Bikes, or another British rag that had the interview.

Because of what he said then, i think he intended this GP season to be a chance to learn the tracks. I believe the only reason he was brought to GP was to race the 4-strokes. So, basically, Yamaha just put him on a 2-stroke this season until 4-strokes are allowed to race.

But, in regards to what he said; what do you expect?? I doubt any factory would let their riders go around saying anything but that they expect to win everything.
Old 06-17-2001, 04:30 PM   #4
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Rubbing it in, I guess?

It figures that first and second place are still shaping up this way, but what happened to that Australian tailslider who was doing so well for a while? (Damn, can't even remember...McCoy? Something like that.) Rossi, being the natural talent that he is, deserves to carve his own Ago-sized niche in history (especially compared to a grumpy snot like Biaggi), but the rest of the season is, well, the rest of the season.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 03:09 AM   #5
mitch69
Founding Member

McCoy broke his wrist 2 meetings back but he'll be back!
mitch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 08:38 AM   #6
das
Founding Member

Turns out that both riders got a "warning". Part of the FIM press release also said something about both riders having been made aware of the fact that they are responsible for the actions of their team members, which makes it sound like maybe it was one of the guys on Rossi's team who bloodied Biaggi's nose.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Rossi and Biaggi are making the 500 GP season something worth watching. Exciting racing, and interesting interplay between the racers. It'll be a long time before I forget Rossi flipping Biaggi the bird as he blew past him a few races ago. LOL. It's Rossi's championship to win or lose, because he's clearly much faster than anyone else.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 09:56 AM   #7
gixxer
Founding Member

Just got SpeedVision this past week.. so I did not get the chance to see Rossi flipping the bird to Biaggi! Too bad that they don't show the re-run until at the end of the season.. and by then, I will probably move again and won't have SpeedVision..

Argh!
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 02:19 PM   #8
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Thanks kindly for the info. One of these days I'll learn not to drink while reading my race reports. (Or, more realistically, I'll learn to drink the exact same amount while reading my race reports.)

I spilled Guinness on my Ducati T-shirt tonight. I figure this is as close as I'm going to get to the TT races this year. Somehow it's more depressing to know that this is pretty much as close as anyone's going to get. Sigh.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote