Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2001, 06:50 AM   #1
lazy1
Founding Member

Default Re: Mick Doohan on Valentino Rossi

One can't help but wonder if Doohan could have beaten Rossi. That would have been some exciting racing.
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2001, 08:07 AM   #2
ollie
Founding Member

What an honor for Rossi! Mick is - and always will be - The Man. I admire him for his perseverance under extreme adversity more than for his monumental racing talents. Anyone who can successfully come back from all those crashes is worthy of the highest respect. I wonder if Rossi has that in him as well?
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:05 AM   #3
Kiwi
Founding Member

Doohan-like talent with a Mamola type personality! This guy will smoke them on four strokes too. Go Valentino.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:58 AM   #4
Pizzabox
Founding Member

"I wonder if Rossi has that in him as well?"

OK, do you want him to crash to prove it?

You know what, you fool, I don't wish any crashes to anybody, not to Doohan, not to Rossi, not to anybody else. Just riding the 500's the way they did or do is worthy of the highest respect.

Look at Doohan, he's still alive, but he paid a high price. Fortunately he's not in the wheelchair or even worse.

If you have a brain, use it before you're writing such a bulls........
Pizzabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
jbfd
Founding Member

Pizzabox,

I think you're being overly harsh as I don't think Ollie's comment about whether Rossi has it "in him" or not was meant to hope that he crashes to find out. I read it as the highest compliment to Mick with the added point of questioning the mental toughness of Rossi (which I believe he has already demonstrated).

As a related coomment I think Rossi will equal and probably surpass all riders eventually if he does not get injured. He's gotten such an early start I believe that is the only thing that could slow him down. But then again just the mental toughness it takes to win 5 championships in a row is mind boggling.

jbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 02:12 PM   #6
R1_Rid0r
Founding Member

He didnt wish a wreck on anyone you stupid pr1ck! It dosent say anything of the sort, he just said he wonders if Rossi can come back from injury like Mick did.

Pizzabox = dumbass

R1_Rid0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 02:36 PM   #7
tal4321
Founding Member

there's no doubt of valentino's talent, but i think that when this season ends, and the four stroke gp era will begin, then valentino won't as good as he is now. the reason for that is that he just doesn't know how to ride a four stroke, it may take him a few years to get to the point where he can kill'em all on a four stroke. i think that haga will be the one to rule the gp scenes for the next couple of years starting from next season, he's the one who knows the four stroke the most in the gp series today, and that is also why he moved to the gp's...
tal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 02:46 PM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Get Haga on Some DUNLOPS (seems like he just can't do it on michelins) on a four stroke GP bike and he will be at the front. Same thing for KRJR, if you ask me... I will love to see Kurtis, Nicky and Gobert in there too. Heck, why don't we just get all the best riders from around the world and get full factory support. Then that would be lovely.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 02:04 PM   #9
BammBamm
Founding Member

Mick Doohan on Valentino Rossi? I thought Mick quit riding.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote