Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-04-2001, 07:19 AM   #1
01_zx9r
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati to Four-Stroke GP

I wonder how much the price will go up when they find and add these new technologies.
01_zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

They wont win if they stay with the twin format. They also wont have a displacement advantage anymore. ThatÂ’s the only reason why they have won so many races in the 750 classes. They are getting to get smoked in the GPÂ’s. Oh by the way first post.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 07:21 AM   #3
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

oops I ment second post
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 07:25 AM   #4
CBR1000F
Founding Member

They don't stand a chance unless they get rid of those desmodromic valves. They're already behind the power curve (pun intended) in SBK.
Old 05-04-2001, 08:16 AM   #5
ducatirdr
Founding Member

>>The aim is to build a competitive and innovative prototype while at the same time maintaining the features that have made Ducati famous and successful throughout the world.

Damn, if that doesn't sound like the quote Harley used when entering the AMA superbike class.

I for one do not like that strategy in GP racing. This is all about class leading design by forward thinking. Please keep the marketing people out of the race design. Does it need desmo heads? Not if it doesn't make it go faster than other technology. Does it need a tubular frame? Not if you can't make it faster with some other design.

Please Ducati don't go down the road of tradition with your GP bike design. Start a new design family and JUST WIN. Let the tradition come from that success. BTW any bike as beautiful as a 916/996 will sell no matter what frame/heads it has, especially if it wins races.

ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:32 AM   #6
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Quotes from an Anonymous Source

"A lotta people, they don't think we can win Formula Uno," said a source inside Ducati who preferred to remain anonymous. "They think that if anybody win Forumula Uno with a four-stroke, it gonna be the Giaponese. They forget it was us Italians who first sent a man to the sun. I bet you don't remember that. We went at night, when nobody was looking."
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:38 AM   #7
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

They're going to tank. Unfortunately.

I really like Ducati although I wouldn't buy one ('cept maybe a MHR900!) but I love the 'flair' they add to racing and motorcycling in general.

Without the displacement advantage, they will never make the horspower of the 4 and 5 cyl bikes and who knows what that pretty but archaic trellis frame will do on a GP bike.

How 'bout a V4 there Ducati?
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:40 AM   #8
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Who cares? I can't afford one now anyways!!!

:-p
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:42 AM   #9
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: Quotes from an Anonymous Source

lol nick, pretty funny
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 08:47 AM   #10
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Quotes from an Anonymous Source

Excuse me, Mr. daBrick, but I need a moment here. While some people may find a few of your posts morally offensive and not in good taste, I for one found this particular comment uproarious. Perhaps we need to implement some prize for MO's favorite poster of the week/month/whatever.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote