Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-22-2001, 04:46 AM   #1
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: South African GP Results - 500 class

Worst thing that could have happened to that race did, with Roberts getting to the front early, then wobbling about and holding everyone up. That could have been an excellent race all the way to the end if Roberts hadn't of fragmented the field a bit by making it so hard for people to get past.

Yeah, I know it's racing, but it sure wrecks the spectacle for the viewers.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2001, 05:15 AM   #2
tal4321
Founding Member

seemsto me that no one noticed about the fact that after one year, there were now 3 Hondas on the podium... it shows something about their machines i think... oh, second post....
tal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 05:16 AM   #3
mge
Founding Member

Default GP Results v WSB Results (no spoiler)

Why are the GP results up before the WSB results ?

They (the Superbikes) were run about 8 hours earlier.
mge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 05:21 AM   #4
tal4321
Founding Member

Default Re: GP Results v WSB Results (no spoiler)

i guess today is hondas day..!

they won 1supersport race in australia, the superbike race in australia, both castrol honda's got 1-2 on the podium, won the 250cc race in grand prix, and won the 500 race, with different riders, from 3 different factory-support teams, one of them with the old machine, and two with the newest , and best machine on the podium, as the yamaha's and suzukies are having difficulties following them.... it sure was a hell of a good day at the HRC camp today...

oh...4th post........
Old 04-22-2001, 07:35 AM   #5
Haga
Founding Member

Default Re: GP Results v WSB Results (no spoiler)

Actually, Honda's went 1 and 2 in the supersport race as well.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 08:04 AM   #6
Pizzabox
Founding Member

Just as in 125 and 250, after a few crashes in the first GP-Season, Rossi will get the title. Period.

Roberts, Biaggi and whoever can forget about winning any championship as long as Rossi is in there.
Pizzabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 03:31 PM   #7
tal4321
Founding Member

in my opinion, kenny thinks he's the best, and doesn't try because he's got so much confidence. it seems to me like rossi is the new king-a-ling of the motorcycle racing world... the one who will continue where doohan left ... he's the best, but i also think that crivili'e could still do soomething, he's got a lot of talent, but he just needs to find the confidence to do so, and win some races...1
Old 04-22-2001, 04:55 PM   #8
badsac
Founding Member

Criville spent too many years following Doohan about, taking his settings. He might be talented but he hasn't learnt how to do his own thing. It's too late for him now. He will never achieve anything anymore, especially with Rossi there. Honda should blood some new riders. If Katoh doesn't have Crivilles ride next year then Honda will regret it.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 06:16 PM   #9
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Rossi is super talented, but

the straight line speed of the 2001 NSR sure is impressive. It must have been disheartening for Abe to work so hard for the front, only to be sucked up by Rossi down the next straight. Rossi, like Doohan, seems to be one of the few riders that can control the NSR's awesome delivery.

Rossi certainly has the edge this year, but those young Japanese studs (Nakano, Ukawa, Katoh) look to make the GP's interesting for the next couple.

Haga - "Where's my 4 stroke?"

Also, can anyone tell whether the KR3/Proton is making any progress? The results seem better, but the lap times sure seem slow. I think most amateurs are pulling for KR racing and van der Goorbergh
ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 10:43 PM   #10
bevelheadv2
Founding Member

Nevermind the GPs , I wanna read comments on

the Philip Island race . Where are they ?
bevelheadv2 is offline   Reply With Quote