Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-16-2001, 01:20 PM   #1
MartialStax
Founding Member

Default Re: Sauber Petronas Three-Cylinder Motor May Have Few Takers

Isn't this just a slightly weak news article? "For information, go somewhere else." I don't read Cycle World for them to just say "Go read Motorcyclist." Do some research. Call Sauber. Be reporters. I'll donate money then.
MartialStax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2001, 01:32 PM   #2
ZeroWait
Founding Member

I think it's wonderful that MO is not scared to point offsite to other e-zines that have information before them, it shows a lot of integrity and guts to admit, via a link, that you've been beaten to a hot news item. I commend them for this, and wish they'd do it more -- it's nice to have a staff of people filtering through all the garbage online and pointing to only the stuff that's really good.

While I'm ranting, I'd like to see MO do more bike reviews, and if they can't, point off-site to the best bike reviews they find of the bikes they haven't or will not test this year.

They're probably getting sick of listening to people whine about the free service, so people like you only hasten the demise of FreeMO. So get a grip and quit crying like a baby!
ZeroWait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 01:49 PM   #3
MartialStax
Founding Member

Perhaps my original post was a little harsher than it needed to be, but I was in a hurry to post before some idiot "first poster" got in there.

As for the valid point that MO is free, I would like to point out that Motorcycle Daily is free as well, but they had the time to actually write an original news article, not post a link or rehash a press release.

I'm more than willing to pay for good writing and reporting. That's why I read several of the print magazines every month. MO's recent Open-Class and 600 shootouts convince me they can do it as well as anybody. This particular "news article" was just a little weak is all.

And don't call me a baby! I'm not a baby! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! Waaaaaaah!
Old 04-16-2001, 02:01 PM   #4
Exocet
Founding Member

I don't get the "first post" thing, it's annonying, so I siged up an account just so I can try and be first poster, maybe with something more intelligent than "first post!"

I agree with ZeroWait, I wish MO would post more stuff like this, it would be great to have them "filtering" more news items.

It seems they're so wrapped up with bike reviews that they ignore the news site, I guess they don't have the time/resources/money/staff to keep up with news things. All the more reason to throw in the towel and post more links to other people that have interesting stuff. News is kinda, well, lacking as it is.

MO, please don't moderate me down to a "Dipstick" I'm only trying to help!
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 02:21 PM   #5
torresmr
Founding Member

Hey...! Leave MO alone. IÂ’m the one that told them where the link was, and I think is awesome that they have enough integrity and professionalism, to just point you to a competitors WebPage.

Of course they could’ve done some research and publish they story as their own, but that would’ve take time, and you would‘ve been the one loosing, because you wouldn’t have find out about this news until later.

Besides, they are not the first, nor the last, to quote from other publications. Everybody does it. Even when writing scientific papers.

So shout up. Stop complaining. And try to make more productive comments.

M.
torresmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 02:21 PM   #6
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Exocet (is that as in the cruise missile?) I have to disagree with you. MO posts new news articles very regularly... I have to admit that a lot of them aren't interesting to me, so I don't read them, but I believe that they put out way more than print magazines, if you look at their volume per month.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:29 PM   #7
MartialStax
Founding Member

Actually, I read the article at Motorcycle Daily last week. And I thought it was a productive comment.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:46 PM   #8
Exocet
Founding Member

I didn't mean to sound harsh, or negative! This posting stuff can be so impersonal!

You're correct, they do post more than the print mags can/do print, and it's nice to get daily stuff instead of once per month. The point I was trying to make is that, at least to me, a lot of the news stuff they do is, well, boring, and if they'd just start linking off-site to anything and everything interesting, I think the news site would be a lot better (more posts = something interesting every day), and maybe less work.

I don't know what their work schedule is like, but it'd be nice to see any extra time put into bike reviews and product reviews...

Exocet was a nickname an old boyfriend of mine had, he had this funny little Renault that he really liked, and R5 Turbo2 or something like that. He wasn't that nice, but I the car was cute, so when I started riding motorcycles, I swiped his nickname.
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 02:58 PM   #9
torresmr
Founding Member

Default Re: Sauber GP Engine News

This is the official statement from Sauber...

http://www.redbull-sauber.ch/en/oben...he=&archive =
torresmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 03:01 PM   #10
bluedot
Founding Member

Default Other interesting unreported news

Here's another news article some might find interesting.

Click here

or paste this:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/racing...54649&navID=36

bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote