Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-12-2001, 05:19 PM   #1
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: FIM GP Round 2, Welkom

First post? Hey, I hate to say it, as much as I love Kenny, I don't think Suzuki is going to give him what he needs. I hope it's not a repeat of Criville's performance last year after he was champ in 99.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
FieryErmine
Founding Member

Honestly, I think it's just a problem with the new Suzuki being new. Given Roberts' development skill, I think their current form is temporary and we'll soon see the champ contending once again.

I hope to see them winning in time for Kenny to have a go at the Championship.

FE.
FieryErmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 10:59 PM   #3
BammBamm
Founding Member

Roberts is old news. Long live Rossi.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 02:27 AM   #4
Chester
Founding Member

Default You got that right, Sunshine!

Rossi is the ruler supreme.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 05:14 AM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Rossi is a really good rider on Great Machinery. Take out Doohan and Burgess, he's average. Kenny is a Great Rider. Winning on a machine with less power and less developement. Wait until next year, it will get real stupid. Great Riders may get less than capable machinery.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 05:41 AM   #6
LW
Founding Member

Rossi is a phenominal rider, quite possibly the most naturally talented rider to ever ride a GP bike. He has been world champion in the second year of riding in 125s, 250s and now maybe 500s. Incredible! How old is he, 21? Wow! He has a great bike, everyone on a Honda and Yamaha seem to, and maybe the Yamaha is even better than the Honda. Roberts is great but I think Suzuki has let him down, and with Rossi and the Yamaha Boys it is going to be tough going for him.
LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 09:37 AM   #7
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

What's it like being an idiot? I've always wondered.

Roberts is old news. Yeah, right.

Rossi is a helluva rider, but counting Roberts out is just plain stupid. Counting his POS Suzuki out, that is another story. Still, he will be able to bring that bike along and be in the thick of things in the fall.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 10:19 AM   #8
Haga
Founding Member

I think that Roberts can be counted out for this year and maybe the next if Suzuki can't help him out a little. The development will be there next year, but Honda and Yamaha are already seriously into race-developing their 4-stroke bikes, Yamaha in particular having Kocinski test as well as having Biaggi and friends out to ride the thing around some over the winter.

The two men to watch will be Rossi and McCoy this year, but I'd almost bet the bank on Rossi if he can stay on the tires. He easily would have won it last year if he'd been riding entire races all season instead of spending the first four of them in the pits after his latest get-off. Watch Haga to take some people by surpirse too!
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 10:59 AM   #9
DrEvil
Founding Member

These GP bikes have so much power, it is all about the riders talent and the setup. It is going to be a battle between Roberts and Rossi. May the best man win!!!!!
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 01:58 PM   #10
Alpinestar
Founding Member

This year it will be between Rossi and Biaggi, McCoy a bit. Suzuki will suck big time (sad for Roberts). Haga will keep fallin` (although he is very fast and damn good rider) and West Honda boys will be fast on Fridays and Saturdays. Criville must be wondering- why can`t I open the throttle like in `99?!
Alpinestar is offline   Reply With Quote