Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-08-2001, 03:04 AM   #1
aeroegg
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc Japanese GP results - Rossi rules

Oh why oh why oh why did you post the name of the winner in the article title? I think it's supposed to be on Speedvision tonight and I was going to watch it!! Don't do that anymore!!!

I haven't donated yet (working on getting a new bike first), but I planned to. Fix this and I'll chip in.
aeroegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2001, 04:13 AM   #2
colin
Founding Member

Point taken!! No more names in news titles. Enjoy the race anyway.
colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:16 AM   #3
ckirk
Registered Member

Thanks - I was going to write a note saying the same thing. Since this is the interactive internet change the hyperlink now to "500GP Race Results" & the same for the others.
ckirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:29 AM   #4
Pizzabox
Founding Member

This has been the best 500cc race I've seen in a long time. Wow! Unbelievable. If it goes on like this, this will be a great GP-season.
Pizzabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:44 AM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I think the constant passing of last years Suzuka race was a whole lot better... Too bad for Roberts. Suzuki must think it's not that important to give him a good bike. THey could have just given him last years bike with the power he needs, but they gave him a bike with less power in the midrange and chatter...
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:45 AM   #6
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default THAT SUCKS!!!

SUZUKI should give Roberts the equipment he needs.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:46 AM   #7
doohan
Founding Member

I haven't watched the race yet, but all I can say is Biaggi is an ass! He better get used to watching

Rossi go by him. The kid is amazingly talented, he has factory backing and Mick in his corner. I think what Biaggi is reported as doing should be reason enough to penalize him. I know people swap paint

when racing....(because I've done it myself ) but there is no excuse for driving someone purposely off the track. Maybe the FIM can sanction a new series of racing based on the XFL, then Max can

race like he wants. Too bad about KR, would like to have seen him do better. Last rant...how about Criville...what a turd. maybe he should hire Doohan

to set up his bike and show him the fast lines....AGAIN! Ahh ok I'm thru venting.
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:58 AM   #8
colin
Founding Member

Have made the change, but I think the news item titles get updated on the main page via a batch job or something like that. Not changed instantaneously, I'm sorry to say. I'll get the editor to make a manual update asap. Better next time and apologies for spoiling the TV show.
colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:21 PM   #9
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc Japanese GP results

Boy did I call it it or what. I said Valentino Rossi was going to take the win and Haga wouldn't do that well. Biaggi is such a a$$hole for ridding the way he was. I was cursing at the TV when he stuck his elbow out at Rossi. Well he was showed who the better rider was today.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 05:02 PM   #10
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc Japanese GP results

Rossi, then McCoy, then Biaggi: Who else thinks that's the way the championship's going to go this year? I just have a feeling.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote