Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-08-2001, 05:58 PM   #11
john
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc Japanese GP results

Now that McCoy has full backing, i think he will do amazing. I was dissappointed when chris walker crashed out so soon, i was hoping him to do well despite reports or him having trouble learning the 500cc. Haga also took a bit of a beating, I am just glad he was able to esacpe all 3 wrecks unhurt. I hope he doesn't turn into a carlos checa. I would like to see Rossi in first, McCoy in second, and Haga at least 5th in points.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2001, 02:45 AM   #12
MoMo
Founding Member

Default the finger

"...he raised his hand and what looked like a middle figure". No kidding, it was the middle finger? What else would it be? The pointer finger, as in "I'm number one". Maybe a thumbs up, as to say "Hey, way to go, that elbow shot was really neat".
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 02:53 AM   #13
gassit
Founding Member

Default Re: the finger

Go Nakano
gassit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 02:56 AM   #14
gassit
Founding Member

Default Re: THAT SUCKS!!!

They gave him more top end
gassit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 03:51 AM   #15
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Wow, what a race

Well, if anyone hasn't seen this race, make sure you catch a re-run, it is on Tuesday night for one, unsure when else.

Gp500 is the venue to watch this year, moreso than WSBK, AMA, etc. The whole race looked like a 125GP in the respect that there were 15 people more or less within one bike length of the man in front of him at the front. There are also about 15 guys who could win this year, wow is all I have to say.

I really see the demise of WSBK, it's very sad. As much as I like seeing GP being so competitive, did anyone notice Round 1 and 2 of WSBK had maybe 4 people that were under 30 seconds from first place? There are only a tiny handful of people who are on the level to win in WSBK this year, it's most unfortunate. Then with 4 strokes in GP next year, more will leave WSBK. I had speculated the end of WSBK, but I had no idea it would be so fast. Next year it will be a joke I think, and it will be gone by 2003 at the latest IMHO.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 03:57 AM   #16
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Hey guess what?

You should watch the race, and do yourself a favor, HIT MUTE. The announcers are incompetent at best, they really don't have a clue, have the time calling the wrong man the wrong name, on top of not knowing a bike from a car. Watch any race, at any track, at the end of the straightaway, one thing you will see everyone do. Drop to the outside, to get the smallest angle to apex heading through the turn. Not to mention with everyone "backing it in" on the rear brakes these days, that puts the rear even further out. Biaggi was merely setting up for the turn at the end of the straight. I know Biaggi can be an a$$, but Rossi was not side-by-side, and I seriously doubt Biaggi saw him. When you are setting up for the turn, you are looking to the right, not to see who is next to you and behind. I have no doubts Biaggi held up Rossi by protecting his lines (nothing wrong with that, and it's legal), but this turn was not one of them. What was Rossi going to do, pass him on the outside, on the brakes, on a high speed straightaway?!? haha, that'd be a silly move.

Anyhow, meant no offense to you, I just think the announcers are morons, and I saw nothing wrong with Rossi getting off onto the edge. He was merely mad that he made a mistake, Rossi that is, and blamed it on Biaggi.

Rob
Old 04-09-2001, 03:59 AM   #17
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Yeah, you tell him, and go hit that bong again

It's called setting up for a turn foolio. Go read my post a few above you.

Rob
Old 04-09-2001, 05:21 AM   #18
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc Japanese GP results - Rossi rules

Rossi should have never put himself in the position to be run off the track like that. He was fast for sure and he knew it. As a result I think he was a bit agressive trying to get around Biaggi. He made numerous attempts but couldn't make it stick. It was almost like he was made at Biaggi for not just letting him by. He should have just waited to he got to a passing area where he could make it stick and not give Biaggi a chance to come back. Which he eventually did but all the previous passing attempts were futil in effort and one little mistake could have put them both on the ground.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 06:27 AM   #19
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Wow, what a race

I gotta disagree with you, Gixx. Remember all those years where Doohan just ran away from everyone? Kinda boring. All those years where McGrath ran away? More boring. Didn't hurt those two series' any, however.

Furthermore, the 4 stroke thing will hurt Gp more the WSB. the cost of those GP 4's will be so high, manufacturers will begin dropping out. It is likely that only Honda will build a fast enough machine.

WSB and AMA SBK both are all about machines that at least seem to be related tot he ones you can buy. That is pretty important.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 07:51 AM   #20
laverda3c
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah, you tell him, and go hit that bong again

Actually it is called accelerating for the straight. The incidence happened comming out of the turn onto the straight (how else could Rossi ride "20 meters in the dirt"). Rossi had much better drive and was trying to go around the outside of Biaggi, but Biaggi ran the bike wide and then stuck out his elbow to take up even more room on the track and forcing Rossi onto the dirt.

If you listened to the commentators you would have heard them alluding to an incidence between Biaggi and Rossi at the chicane. So both riders were a bit hot headed; though it was nice to see that they shook hands at the end.
laverda3c is offline   Reply With Quote